PDA

View Full Version : What if...

Peter_Nobles_Wig
08-03-2014, 02:38 PM
As a show of football solidarity, Burnley fans and Blackburn fans are allowed to walk side by side to the match. - view external link (http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111450250)

champs95
08-03-2014, 04:18 PM
As a show of football solidarity, Burnley fans and Blackburn fans are allowed to walk side by side to the match.

This idea is a great one.
Then I read a weeks worth of comments from the visiting odd-ball (of which they exist both sides) in the lead up to this match and the answer is firmly there. Not a chance.
The vast majority will be fine, the odd one will turn up intent on causing trouble, anmd like sheep, others will follow (usually the younger wanna be hoolies)

Celtic and Rangers don't walk to games side by side, neither do Sunderland and Newcastle. Liverpool and Man United would never do that in a month of sundays.

Its a sad state of affairs, but hell will freeze over before we walk side by side to games with a bunch of fans from down the road.

Everyone could make a stand, and make a difference, I just can't see that happening.

here is a good one to ponder?
I have virtually no history posting on CM.
If I

scouseclaret
08-03-2014, 08:38 PM
"Celtic and Rangers don't walk to games side by side, neither do Sunderland and Newcastle. Liverpool and Man United would never do that in a month of sundays"

No, but strangely none of those supporters have to put up with bus nonsense that is routinely imposed on us, despite each of those games attracting far larger crowds and being at least as incendiary. When they tried to do something similar for the Tyne & Weir derby, the clubs came out solidly in support of the fans and against the police, in away that neither of our clubs have been prepared to do.

I won't be at the game tomorrow because I refuse to put up with it, but I would be prepared to support any sort of protest against these measures. Unfortunately, neither set of fans seems willing or able to organise any sort of protest.

blueandwhitehalves1
08-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Its a great idea, heard it mentioned a few months ago but presumably it just never got organised. I assume it'd need the police to cooperate regarding this bubble match arrangement as well.

Have to point out though that its Burnley fans who are the biggest barrier to things like this. Burnley fans have trashed their town centre, got off the train in Rishton in their hundreds looking for aggro, driven to a pub in Blackburn for a ruck, attempted to break police lines inside Turf Moor. What have the Blackburn fans managed in comparison? Smashed up some toilets a few times.

BlueANwhite
08-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Its a great idea, heard it mentioned a few months ago but presumably it just never got organised. I assume it'd need the police to cooperate regarding this bubble match arrangement as well.

Have to point out though that its Burnley fans who are the biggest barrier to things like this. Burnley fans have trashed their town centre, got off the train in Rishton in their hundreds looking for aggro, driven to a pub in Blackburn for a ruck, attempted to break police lines inside Turf Moor. What have the Blackburn fans managed in comparison? Smashed up some toilets a few times.

There was a link on here at one point about the activities of or idiots can't find it now

I seem to remember blackburn fans in the past attacking and throwing the dingles over the wall out of the darwen end, Ambushing a train full of them and making the papers i believe they where attacked in the home end of the dingle dome in the 70s we have or own sh

westendrover
08-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Excuse me but you are talkin bollox Scouse claret re Geordies v Mackems. Yes they also have to put up with the bus travel as well as us. Believe me as my brother in law is a Mackem and refuses to put up with that crap

scouseclaret
08-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Really?

Taken from the Sunderland Echo in January(can't post a link on your site):

SUNDERLAND AFC tonight scrapped plans for its so called ‘bubble trip’ for next month’s derby clash.

Fans fron both Sunderland and Newcastle United had hit out at the proposals, which would have seen away fans only being allowed into St James’s Park if they travelled on official transport from the Stadium of Light.

Tonight SAFC confirmed it was pulling the arrangement.

A spokesman said: “After considering the police position, Sunderland AFC will be withdrawing the terms and conditions of ticket sales, which previously stated that all supporters must attend the game on official transport.

The arrangements to provide complimentary buses and supporters branch transport will remain in place and Sunderland AFC advises fans that this is the safest method of travel to St James’ Park.”

westendrover
08-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Yes really!!

The quotes are total crap. They had no choice and he refused to go. I know cos I was there at the time

tonymorleysbaldhead
08-03-2014, 10:38 PM
blueANwhite:
'There was a link on here at one point about the activities of or idiots can't find it now

I seem to remember blackburn fans in the past attacking and throwing the dingles over the wall out of the darwen end, Ambushing a train full of them and making the papers i believe they where attacked in the home end of the dingle dome in the 70s we have or own share of idiots as well they just prided them self on trouble as they where **** on the pitch'

Oh deary me, and you lot call us thick. Em-ba-rr-as-si-ng.

On a more serious note, it would be good if supporters of both clubs could arrange something to 'force the hand' of the authorities and then we could just get on with it and make our own way to the match.

Any way, may the best team win tomorrow...Derby's slip up takes a bit of pressure off us.

UTC.