PDA

View Full Version : Martinez: Gunners Benefited From A Soft Penalty Decision

alan_stubbs
08-03-2014, 03:43 PM
Penalty was the correct decision. Stop embarrassing yourself Roberto :/

The penalty was soft, claims Roberto Martinez.

Roberto Martinez claimed that Arsenal benefited from a "soft" penalty decision after the Gunners beat his Everton side to reach the FA Cup semi-finals.

Mesut Ozil gave Arsenal the lead in the seventh minute at Emirates Stadium with a side-footed finish but the visitors drew level when Romelu Lukaku tapped in Ross Barkley's cross before half-time.

Mikel Arteta's penalty then put Arsenal 2-1 up in the 68th minute, before substitute Olivier Giroud added gloss to the scoreline with two neat finishes.

But Toffees boss Martinez felt that Gareth Barry's tackle on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was not a stone-wall penalty.

"I still think the penalty was soft but these key moments affect the game," Martinez told ITV1.

"The key moment was the second goal. I feel it was a situation when Gareth Barry is fighting for the ball.

"Of course there is

Everton_Freak
09-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Definite penalty FWIWS alan.

Barry didn't put a single foot wrong except that one He was absolutely sublime yesterday.

people talk about Lukaku staying will improve us and let us build. Wrong, we need this lad to sign with us long-term, he anchors our midfield better than any sitting player I can remember and gives cover to places you'd hurt just thinking about running into.

This one time he stuck his leg out too far - Clear Penalty.