PDA

View Full Version : Leeds lose 5-1 against Bolton at Elland Road...

campo21
08-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Goals from Joe Mason, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Zat Knight, Mark Davies and Andre Moritz earned Bolton a 5-1 win at Leeds United on Saturday.

Dougie Freedman's Bolton continued their revival with a third successive win and a five-goal salvo to leave Leeds' Sky Bet Championship play-off hopes hanging by a thread.

Three goals in a 12-minute spell either side of the interval by Mason, Jutkiewicz and Knight provided the platform for the win, with Davies adding the fourth 18 minutes from time and substitute Moritz completing the rout on 89 minutes.

Substitute Matt Smith nodded a consolation goal in stoppage time for the hosts but it was too little too late.

Leeds were back at Elland Road for the first time since their 5-1 thrashing of Huddersfield on February 1, but it was a dismal homecoming.

Defender Jason Pearce lost his ever-present record as his wife had given birth to a baby boy, and Leeds badly missed his steadying influence.

Visiting goalkeeper Adam Bogdan was relieved to see Luke Mur

campo21
08-03-2014, 09:13 PM
We need that again tuesday night against Derby.

itsintheblood
08-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Personally, didn't even think we would win, never mind the 5-1.

Long may it continue.

Come on you ****ing Whites :;D

danm1992
09-03-2014, 03:19 PM
It was the first time all season that I've seen the teamsheet and not been disappointed/infuriated.

My only complaint of the day (and it's a big one) is hearing Freedman on GMR say "it's been coming".
It's like he thinks this is all part of the same plan that put him possibly on the edge of being sacked only a few weeks ago. It's also annoying that he thinks we had been playing well long before the Watford match, because we hadn't.
He's made some crucial alterations that people are deluding themselves if they think he couldn't have made sooner.

He's spent the whole season dabbling with stupid formations. He finally seems to have given up trying to be prove that he's some tactical guru, he's switched to 4-4-2 which he's previously written off as "old-fashioned", and now he looks a fool because the formation the fans have wanted to see all season just happens to be the one that's turning things around for us.

Too little too late though, I'm afraid.

gallopingchip
09-03-2014, 06:55 PM
I tend to agree with you on this Dan. DF needed wins at home and experimented on the 4-4-2 v Watford and it clicked. Thankfully he's stayed with the formation and team for 3 matches now and it's paying dividends. However it's reminiscent of last season and once the loan players go back it's back to square one. I stick to what I said a few weeks ago he's learning his trade on the job. I hope he's learnt sticking with a winning team and formation is the way to go, it's working for Burnley this season and it worked for Liverpool all those years ago.

eric1953
09-03-2014, 08:44 PM
He can play two up front, when they work their socks off like these two do. Just watch the change when he brings back Beckford, who will not to the same work.

I think its worth mentioning that we have looked more solid at the back with the return of Wheater. Zat knight has looked a lot better with Wheater at his side.

campo21
09-03-2014, 10:26 PM
I tend to agree with you on this Dan. DF needed wins at home and experimented on the 4-4-2 v Watford and it clicked. Thankfully he's stayed with the formation and team for 3 matches now and it's paying dividends. However it's reminiscent of last season and once the loan players go back it's back to square one. I stick to what I said a few weeks ago he's learning his trade on the job. I hope he's learnt sticking with a winning team and formation is the way to go, it's working for Burnley this season and it worked for Liverpool all those years ago.

I agree unless we can keep this winning side together and buy mason & juke we will be starting next season back to square one.