PDA

View Full Version : hello anybody there?

gaz1959
08-03-2014, 11:31 PM
I am wonderring if there is any point in this board anymore

What do you think?

What's stopped you posting?

Do you have issue with me or someone?

Apparently some have said the BoBs have hd their day!

What do you think?

We are meeting in Torquay so I guess not!

Something has changed tho hasn't it?

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2014, 03:42 PM
nothings changed Gaz mate,i just think us Clarets have been a bit pre-occupied with the Bastids game...XD XD

Since the change of servers i think the whole of footymad has been affected and people are still having problems logging on and especially with all those adverts and the site running really slow as well. Im sure it will get busier though..

Altobelli
09-03-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm sure when all us BOBs are together in Torquay we will all air our views Gaz ;)

Still one double room and one Superior double room left in the Hotel as of Friday...

paderbornclaret
09-03-2014, 07:11 PM
I agree with alf...still frustrating logging on. Not the same since the 'upgrade'.

We're still ticking over...even if we have a difference of opinion sometimes...that is the melting pot which we all love.

gaz1959
09-03-2014, 08:41 PM
fair enough Alf and Paders I should have known there was a lot at stake especially with your good form leading you to expect a result B)

Hi Alto I hope we arent going to be spending too much time talking about SM ;D

paderbornclaret
09-03-2014, 09:07 PM
still on the tablet Gaz...or is the pc sorted yet?

gaz1959
09-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Tablet paders
laptop is dead

paderbornclaret
09-03-2014, 09:26 PM
how's it performing?

Trying to drop major hints for birthday...as I did for my last one and xmas...but to no avail. XD

gaz1959
09-03-2014, 10:02 PM
It does the job and is fairly speedy but is a bit of a pain as i cant have several windows open at once
I dont think i will ever be happy untill it writes what i am thimking without pressing buttons

dudley_saddler
09-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Being an ipad user the board is so frustrating Gaz, that's the only reason, I'm not as frequent.

gaz1959
09-03-2014, 10:42 PM
Fair enough dudders

I had an ipad for a little while and struggled with it too

Just got a 7" tablet and coping a bit better B)

lazaat
10-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Good to hear from you again Dudders and looking forward to seeing you in Torquay.

I am an iPad user as well and those advert panes are a nuisance, what i do is to touch them and it launches you into the advert but immediately touch the small cross on top right corner so deleting the advert, you should then return immediately to footymad but minus the advert pane. Its just a quick way of getting rid of the rubbish. And if you put a smiley up for some reason that triggers an advert pane so just do as above again...it works. ;)

lazaat
10-03-2014, 06:58 AM
I agree with alf...still frustrating logging on. Not the same since the 'upgrade'.

We're still ticking over...even if we have a difference of opinion sometimes...that is the melting pot which we all love.

Good post Padders, couldn't have put it better myself ;D

Ive been in the garden the last 2 weekends painting everything made out of wood; garden fencing, gates, Arbour and have been too cream crackered to do anything else gaz. But i am sure normal service will be resumed soooooon?

lazaat
10-03-2014, 08:03 PM
We are here gaz...where are you :? :? :?

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 08:07 PM

Yup, I give up about 70% of the time. It can be beyond pathetic at time. I think the host must be on 56k dial up and they moved the hosting to ZX81's

lazaat
10-03-2014, 08:09 PM
I wish i was intelligent like you Dan :)

gaz1959
10-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I am always here lurking Laz

8 remember 256k dial up took half hour to load a page if it loaded at all

lion1
11-03-2014, 12:31 AM
B) B) B) B) B) B)

Stan_van_nel
11-03-2014, 08:02 PM
I've had internet/changing provider problems the last 4 days.

I managed to commandeer a computer for the celebrations on Bar Steward Mad for a bit on sunday. B)

Sorted now, I've gone all Yorkshire internet now. >:)

lazaat
27-03-2014, 06:46 AM
Where is everyone? Where is gaz? Has everyone gone on holiday and not told me? Not heard from Rammy for a while, Mike hardly posts these days, Stan has gone very quiet, Alf could be touring the country again in his mobile home? Sadlad has completely disappeared, Padders has gone quiet...where is everyone? :blue: :blue: :blue:

Oldtimeram
27-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Here, but every time i come on there is nobody about. If i start talking to myself folk will think i am daft and will probably commit me to go to the City Ground with all the other lunatics.

paderbornclaret
28-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Where is everyone? Where is gaz? Has everyone gone on holiday and not told me? Not heard from Rammy for a while, Mike hardly posts these days, Stan has gone very quiet, Alf could be touring the country again in his mobile home? Sadlad has completely disappeared, Padders has gone quiet...where is everyone? :blue: :blue: :blue:

Been a bit stressful lately...Father in law started his dialysis (3 times a week) last week (4 hour stints) on a Mon, Wed and Friday. They discovered he had Shingles (internal, not on the skin) which had been causing him discomfort for months on his arm and in his back. After the pain was too much during Monday's dialysis the doctor sent him straight back into hospital (he was out 4 days) to get it checked out.
The doctor discovered the pain in his back was coming from a 12cm cyst attached to his 'bad' kidney. He was operated on the next day in another hospital, to take out the affected kidney and surrounding a

gaz1959
29-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Ey up ducks wassup?

Sorry to hear your sad news Pads, hope all is better soon

Sorry fo my absemce but it drove me nuts using the tablet on here, like Dudders said I guess with his IPad

But got the netbook back and is like heaven in comparison i.e. fewer spelling gaffs and less stress = happy Gazza

Be safe and be hopeful

Altobelli
29-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Stressful time for all of you Paders, it feels helpless at times like these, all you can do is support everyone concerned especially your wife, all the best fella.