PDA

View Full Version : Palmy pitch to be replaced

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
09-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Rumours are circulating that the Palmy pitch will be replaced in the summer as Queens not happy with the surface .

Would imagine the pitch is under warranty.

aloreburn
09-03-2014, 08:41 AM
Fact or fiction ?

Northfield53
09-03-2014, 09:08 AM
What is the problem with the palmy pitch ?.
It seems fine to me.

shugg1e1919
09-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Rumours are circulating that the Palmy pitch will be replaced in the summer as Queens not happy with the surface .

Would imagine the pitch is under warranty.

I heard this story also at yesterday's match albeit unconfirmed at present.

BlueHair
09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Pitch looks good to me also. Don't see any strange bounces.I heard a while ago they had to water it excessively to make the ball run true. With all the rain we have had maybe that's why the it looks good but different story when it's dry.
Whatever the reason hopefully it doesn't cost the club anything.

deek5trans
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Rumor i heard was the pile isn't sitting correctly.

Its never looked right visually. Hamiltons looks like grass. Our looks like a worn out artificial pitch.

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
09-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Rumor i heard was the pile isn't sitting correctly.

Its never looked right visually. Hamiltons looks like grass. Our looks like a worn out artificial pitch.

The information I managed to glean was that the wrong type of brush was used after the surface was laid but this has since been rectified ..

B)

Deke
09-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Certainly it doesn't look brushed properly and the ball seems to bounce too high but all in all we're getting results. I'm still against artificial pitches as it looks more like a training game to me.

Alibi
12-03-2014, 03:34 PM
I was watching Heston U17s game on the Palmerston pitch on Sunday and I noticed that the pitch does look as if the surface is a bit threadbare in places. The pitch at Airdrie has the same appearance. However I came to the conclusion that it was just the way the pile of the surface was lying that meant the light was reflecting differently.

Truthhurts
21-01-2019, 08:03 PM
Is there a problem with the pitch again?

Spikefaethesouth
22-01-2019, 06:57 AM
Is there a problem with the pitch again?

If you look at the date of the previous post you have replied to it was dated 2014!!!!

ALBERTZ_11
22-01-2019, 10:56 AM
So has the present surface been down for 5 years?

I recall that the first laying of the pitch was replaced fairly quickly.

Spikefaethesouth
24-01-2019, 11:25 AM
I was listening to Radio 5 Live last night, which is what you are forced to do when working in England, and Pat Nevin blamed both of the Kilmarnock goals on the artificial pitch. Having just seen the TV footage what a load of old rubbish. Firstly the defender screwed up badly on the equaliser with the pitch having nothing to do with his mental aberration coupled with lack of genuine ability and the winning goal McGregor should have done better with. It's like the blame that these pitches get for players injuries. Do the stats bear this out showing more happening on artificial ones over natural pitches especially considering most clubs actually train on them and when you consider the condition of some of those beloved grass pitches such as at Auchenleck?
On a similar note I was reading that Celtic have a hybrid pitch that is a mixture of both grass and plastic which I believe is also in use at Murrayfield. Never hear any complaints about them so is this the way ahead then??

Auld_Chippy
24-01-2019, 12:12 PM
I was listening to Radio 5 Live last night, which is what you are forced to do when working in England, and Pat Nevin blamed both of the Kilmarnock goals on the artificial pitch. Having just seen the TV footage what a load of old rubbish. Firstly the defender screwed up badly on the equaliser with the pitch having nothing to do with his mental aberration coupled with lack of genuine ability and the winning goal McGregor should have done better with. It's like the blame that these pitches get for players injuries. Do the stats bear this out showing more happening on artificial ones over natural pitches especially considering most clubs actually train on them and when you consider the condition of some of those beloved grass pitches such as at Auchenleck?
On a similar note I was reading that Celtic have a hybrid pitch that is a mixture of both grass and plastic which I believe is also in use at Murrayfield. Never hear any complaints about them so is this the way ahead then??
I believe there is a problem with Celtic's pitch which has only been down for a short time. Part or all of it needing replaced already.