PDA

View Full Version : Hibs - 24h on

jwok
09-03-2014, 01:13 PM
We scored another dramatic goal at that end of Easter Road yesterday to join McHugh's strike last year and, of course, Krivokapic's epic header from 1994 - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/hibs___24h_on_827015/index.shtml)

Handsome_Devil
09-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Not to mention the League Cup semi final of 2005.

It's disappointing not to win from 2-0 up but comebacks happen occasionally and we showed superb character to salvage the draw. A point at Easter Road with such a squad probably isn't bad.

In terms of the table, we remain in an excellent position - it will take either a massive collapse from us or an outstanding run from United or ICT to deny us third.

Even then the way the cup is going I suspect fourth would still get us into Europe for our annual papping!

dazlhigh
09-03-2014, 01:54 PM
That was also the end at which St.John scored his minute-and-a-half hat-trick.

Handsome_Devil
09-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Before my time though surprised Jwok didn't list it!

mix106
09-03-2014, 04:39 PM

It's disappointing not to win from 2-0 up but comebacks happen occasionally and we showed superb character to salvage the draw. A point at Easter Road with such a squad probably isn't bad.

In terms of the table, we remain in an excellent position - it will take either a massive collapse from us or an outstanding run from United or ICT to deny us third.

Even then the way the cup is going I suspect fourth would still get us into Europe for our annual papping!

I don't think the effort from ICT or Utd would need to be that massive, esp Utd. If they win their game in hand on us they are 4 points adrift of us and we would still have to face them in top six. If ICT win both their games in hand they are a point above us, however points in the bag is always better than games in hand as we so often prove.

Handsome_Devil
09-03-2014, 05:15 PM

I don't think the effort from ICT or Utd would need to be that massive, esp Utd. If they win their game in hand on us they are 4 points adrift of us and we would still have to face them in top six. If ICT win both their games in hand they are a point above us, however points in the bag is always better than games in hand as we so often prove.[/quote]

The most you've needed for

mix106
09-03-2014, 08:30 PM

I don't think the effort from ICT or Utd would need to be that massive, esp Utd. If they win their game in hand on us they are 4 points adrift of us and we would still have to face them in top six. If ICT win both their games in hand they are a point above us, however points in the bag is always better than games in hand as we

ouialpha
10-03-2014, 01:59 AM
Is it really 20 years since Mio was playing ...one classy player.
It was also the end that Marc Fitzpatrick took us to Hampden with the last kick of the ball in extra time :).

JOHHNYG
10-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Behave yourself young war child. You mean of course St.John's 2 and a half minute hat-trick.
Unfortunately my Dad didn't take little 4 year old me to witness it.

dazlhigh
11-03-2014, 10:22 PM
My apologies for getting the St.John timing wrong! We arrived for that game in a 'football special' which let us off at 'Easter Road Halt'. Because there was only a platform on the stadium side we had to walk up to Abbeyhill station to get the train back to Motherwell. I miss the football specials - being a hoarder, I kept football special train tickets to Parkhead Stadium and Ibrox stations. There's no trace of any of these stations now (nor Merchiston, which was where you got off for Tynecastle).
But no more pointless nostalgia; ICT next up.

Handsome_Devil
12-03-2014, 08:53 PM
True but sides usually take a lot of points off each other in the top six. Fingers crossed tonight keeps going well, I reckon 62 or so will still be enough.

JOHHNYG
13-03-2014, 01:56 AM
Superb. Keep the nostalgia coming. ha ha.

firparkloony
14-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Superb. Keep the nostalgia coming. ha ha.

Give over will ye, Nostalgia is a thing of the past!