PDA

View Full Version : It's Over...

Davhor
09-03-2014, 02:27 PM
All good things come to an end. Dingles had the belief, they are a good group.

seventwo
09-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Rovers wanted it more until Robinson gave away two goals. He has no idea in the air.

Good luck to the Dingles.

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2014, 02:35 PM
Cheers lads,thought we deserved it.. ..all the best in your play-off charge.. At least the monkeys off our back now. B)

champs95
09-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Well done Burnley. They finally did it.
All the best now for the rest of the season.

Stan_van_nel
09-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Nice one lads. B)

backofthenet
09-03-2014, 03:06 PM
I recorded the match. if I watch it again later maybe Rhodes won't hit the post?

Stan_van_nel
09-03-2014, 03:09 PM
I recorded the match. if I watch it again later maybe Rhodes won't hit the post?

Maybe Jones won't give Dunn the ball to give to Rhodes as well. ;D

cloughyclaret
09-03-2014, 03:17 PM
I recorded it too BOTN. I can confirm he still hits the post.

backofthenet
09-03-2014, 03:20 PM
damm!!!

im gonna get some stick off the kids at school tomorrow. still, I suppose that's what detention slips were meant for :-)

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2014, 03:22 PM
damm!!!

im gonna get some stick off the kids at school tomorrow. still, I suppose that's what detention slips were meant for :-)

Brilliant BOTN.. enjoy your day mate.. XD XD

blackburnturfite
09-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Cloughy just look at their faces...

cloughyclaret
09-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Thats mean BOTN :D (I'd do the same)

DanRrr
09-03-2014, 03:47 PM
I expected to lose, but not like that. Thought we'd be over run and outplayed. Taking nothing away from Burnley, but we beat ourselves in the end. Very poor timing of the subsitution and very poor in terms of personel when it was clear that mental fatigue was setting in. Varney needed to come off before Dunn. And needed to Dunn stay on a little while longer to keep that little bit of belief that was slipping. We were next to the players and Dunn looked OK when he came to sit down, Vaney looked completely sh@gged. Poor management on that front. The miscommunication between the Rovers defence in the last 20 minutes, (a before) was pathetic. But Kean looks damn fine.

However, the speed Burnley break is pretty damn fine too and they are very impressive with close control under pressure. Every one of their players from begining to end wanted the ball more than anyone around them. They deserve their place in the table, no doubt about it. And we deserve ours.

turnpikeclaret
09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Pretty fair assessment DanRrr. Couldn't understand why Dunn was replaced, always a big influence on these games. Fine margins in derby matches and it went our way today.

willyclaret
09-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Dunn was the one player who was causing us problems,mainly with his intelligent positional play.
Glad he wasn't match-fit!
Some magnaminous comments on this thread.Well done!

0oogeorgeoghani
09-03-2014, 09:02 PM
Good thread, and sensible comments from both sides. We have played better and lost against rovers, ironically you scored when we were playing well, but then we won playing poorly, strange game but as others have said msybe it was time your luck ran out, I was relieved to see Dunn go off though!

AucklandRover
09-03-2014, 09:45 PM
[quote="DanRrr"]I expected to lose, but not like that. Thought we'd be over run and outplayed. Taking nothing away from Burnley, but we beat ourselves in the end. Very poor timing of the subsitution and very poor in terms of personel when it was clear that mental fatigue was setting in. Varney needed to come off before Dunn. And needed to Dunn stay on a little while longer to keep that little bit of belief that was slipping. We were next to the players and Dunn looked OK when he came to sit down, Vaney looked completely sh@gged. Poor management on that front. The miscommunication between the Rovers defence in the last 20 minutes, (a before) was pathetic. But Kean looks damn fine.

However, the speed Burnley break is pretty damn fine too and they are very impressive with close control under pressure. Every one of their players from begining to end wanted the ball more than anyone around them. They deserve their place in the table, no doubt about it. And we de

DanRrr
09-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Yes Aucks, Dunn was at least the most creative player on the pitch today. With Wednesday in mind, 1-0 up, I could see the logic. But we had been flagging for at least 10 minutes before Dunn went off, and common sense on a day like today should be replaced by a pragmatic approach. I just felt it was the wrong thing to do, and was unfortunately proved right. After yesterday's result, 3 points would have put us back in the mix. That said, if we can't play for 90 minutes, what's the point of being in the mix?

Despair
09-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Its really good to see lots of intelligent/sporting discussion on here regarding the outcome.
To be honest I couldn't see how BFC could have been in any way losers today;
If we had won, so what they're still in the box seat. Their win just cements it that much more, and why not they're performing out of their skins. So full credit.

I only managed to listen to the last 35 mins in my car today, and got the distinct impression that GB was being out manoeuvred today (again).
I am not suggesting that this was the sole reason, but Dan does allude to it in his excellent 'report'.
We have been expecting for BFC to turn us over ever since Venkys arrived and dismantled us, so its no real surprise really.
I think that the damage been done under their tenure somehow has softened the blow, as they have done more harm than any that BFC could bestow on us.

tonymorleysbaldhead
10-03-2014, 04:06 AM
BOTN:'I recorded the match. if I watch it again later maybe Rhodes won't hit the post?'

And maybe the linesman will keep his flag down for our 'disallowed' goal at 0 - 0.

That said, some very gracious comments from you lot - fair enough - I thought BBurn played well for large parts of the game (you always do against us FFS !), but this side under Dyche is made of sterner stuff, and we keep going, even when not playing 'flowing' football, if you know what I mean.

All the best - it's been agony against you lot for fec kin years - as the OP states, it's over.