PDA

View Full Version : FOA mr Bowyer

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Mr Bowyer,thanks for taking Dunny him off so soon.. B)

flyingclub1875
09-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Resign now! In all seriousness his tactics,signings and subtitutions are abysmal and has just presided over the worst defeat to bolton in 86 years and the first defeat to the dingles in 35 the fact he isn't Steve Kean has now well and truely worn off :blue:

backofthenet
09-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Bowyer has brought some sort of stability to our club when we were in free fall. Our problems can't be blamed on him.

I was surprised when dunn came off but he will have his reasons.

Bowyer in for me!

dunn0709
09-03-2014, 10:35 PM
The abuse being heaped on bowyer (not on this site, on others) is a disgrace tbh.

He has guided us from the shambles of last season, and totally re-structured the squad from top to bottom, and turned is into a competitive Championship team (albeit one shy of playoffs and probs midtable), and put out a team that almost beat the 2nd place in the league today.

I don't know what people expect from him. Don't hate him for the state of the club, blame the numerous people that we all know are culpable.

He's just a guy that has done the best he can in difficult circumstances. Yes, his tactical ability seems limited, and perhaps he isn't the man for the future betterment of the club, but some of crap being thrown about is laughable. There's gonna be "Bowyer Out" signs from some fans soon FFS.

needle
09-03-2014, 11:07 PM
His signings are abysmal ????
Are you serious.
Spurr.
Evans
Cairney
Marshall
Gestede
or
Murphy
Etuhu
Campbell
Best
and numerous unknown Portugese.
Look where he picked us up and look where we are and potentially will be in 12 months.
At least give him another 12 months,then we can judge .

chordal
09-03-2014, 11:13 PM
Great post, and that's from a claret.

AucklandRover
10-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Are you serious.
Spurr.
Evans
Cairney
Marshall
Gestede
or
Murphy
Etuhu
Campbell
Best
Look where he picked us up and look where we are and potentially will be in 12 months.

To be fair, Needle, the Portuguese were useful as treaders during the Lancashire vineyard harvests.
On a more serious note, I can't think what people were expecting. We are still in recovery mode, yet a play-off place remains a possibility.
I would agree with those who say that Bowyer has not always got daily TACTICS right, but the medium-term STRATEGY looks good to me.
I think there is great promise in a team such as:
Robinson
Henley Hanley Keane Spurr
Marshall Cairney Evans Dunn Taylor
Rhodes...
...with Eastwood, Kane, Kilgallon, Conway, Mahoney, Dabo, Lowe, King and Gestede as particularly good back-up. We also have a number of promising youngst

BlueANwhite
10-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Bowyer has done a good job as far as im concerned, He hasn't just steadied the ship he has stopped it sinking and has it pointing in the right direction

Taking Dunn of early changed the game but i honestly believe Bowyer was looking at the bigger picture Bournemouth Wednesday, Had we won yesterday we would of had 49 points 3 points of the promotion places with a game in hand

I want to see Bowyer get another season to build on this seasons progress

Looks at previous managers Venky's have signed we could get far worse

Final thought pull your self's together loosing to the dingles hurts but he out played the secound place team in the league who are in form for 70mins and had better chances

PS Thought the dingles played good football?? don't know about ginger Mourinho more like ginger Allardyce

alfinyalcabo
10-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Bowyer has done a good job as far as im concerned, He hasn't just steadied the ship he has stopped it sinking and has it pointing in the right direction

Taking Dunn of early changed the game but i honestly believe Bowyer was looking at the bigger picture Bournemouth Wednesday, Had we won yesterday we would of had 49 points 3 points of the promotion places with a game in hand

Final thought pull your self's together loosing to the dingles hurts but he out played the secound place team in the league who are in form for 70mins and had better chances

PS Thought the dingles played good football?? don't know about ginger Mourinho more like ginger Allardyce

Good football goes out of the window in a derby match against the Rovers BW...Thats the worst we have played for some time n

flyingclub1875
10-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Are you serious.
Spurr.
Evans
Cairney
Marshall
Gestede
or
Murphy
Etuhu
Campbell
Best

I should have said some of his signings! The jury is out on all but of two of them IMO there's that dreaded word potentially. He's steadied the ship granted, the resign comment was a post derby match joke ffs

flyingclub1875
10-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Are you serious.
Spurr.
Evans
Cairney
Marshall
Gestede
or
Murphy
Etuhu
Campbell
Best

To be fair, Needle, the Portuguese were useful as treaders during the Lancashire vineyard harvests.
On a more serious note, I can't think what people were expecting. We are still in recovery mode, yet a play-off place remains a possibility.
I would agree with those who say that Bowyer has not always got daily TACTICS right, but the medium-term STRATEGY looks good to me.
Robinson
Rhodes...
...with Eastwood, Kane, Kilgallon, Conway, Mahoney, Dabo, Lowe, King and Gestede as particularly good

flyingclub1875
10-03-2014, 05:27 PM

Sorry looking at the bigger picture? There isn't one when we are playing against them ****s!

BlueANwhite
10-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Are you serious.
Spurr.
Evans
Cairney
Marshall
Gestede
or
Murphy
Etuhu
Campbell
Best

Robinson
Rhodes...
...with Eastwood, Kane, Kilgallon, Conway, Mahoney

claret1978
10-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Think you lot are over doing it abit, you lost to a better team (ok we were poor on the day) would you lot be saying it if you had lost to qpr? We are better now, like you were for many years! End of!

kennyK
10-03-2014, 06:50 PM
I like a lot of things about GB. He is honest, which hasn't always been the case with our recent managers, and he has an eye for an opportunity in the transfer market, his purchases and loans have been excellent value.
However I think he has 2 serious weaknesses;
1- he often substitutes our most creative/best player, whoever that may be on the day. I think this is a deep psychological problem that several managers possess. As soon as the best player looks like he might be blowing a bit, or loses the ball, or gets poked in the eye, off he comes, despite all sorts of rubbish play from others around him . GB has done this several times this season from winning Rovers positions, blowing it at least twice in this fashion in recent games.
2- He keeps picking the worst player who has ever donned a Rovers shirt and consistently lets him play 90 minutes, every week, barring suspension. This player can only play in a straight line unless he is deeper than any opposition player. His play yesterd

flyingclub1875
10-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Are you serious.
Spurr.
Evans
Cairney
Marshall
Gestede
or
Murphy
Etuhu
Campbell
Best

Robinson
Rhodes...

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 07:45 PM
While we were leading 1-0 in the second half we just kept giving the ball away, what does our manager do? Bring on a loan player who can't get a game for a bottom 3 team

I said to my lad and the bloke next to me at that very moment: "I have a bad feeling about this." To be proved right so quickly was in no way satisfying!

BlueANwhite
10-03-2014, 07:55 PM
Are you serious.
Spurr.
Evans
Cairney
Marshall
Gestede
or
Murphy
Etuhu
Campbell
Best

Robinson
Henley Hanley Keane

Mature_claret
10-03-2014, 08:51 PM
I'd say the truth is that we didn't dominate the match (as we did on our last three meetings) but still deserved to win. As for the long-ball tag, this cracks me up. Your prominent tactic involved a combination of tedious long throws and Robinson's punts down field. Granted, we didn't play across the back-line as much as we usually do but that was because you set your stall out to stop us doing that - but then, inevitably, Dunn run out of steam and you couldn't maintain that tactic.

champs95
10-03-2014, 09:09 PM
I'd say the truth is that we didn't dominate the match (as we did on our last three meetings) but still deserved to win. As for the long-ball tag, this cracks me up. Your prominent tactic involved a combination of tedious long throws and Robinson's punts down field. Granted, we didn't play across the back-line as much as we usually do but that was because you set your stall out to stop us doing that - but then, inevitably, Dunn run out of steam and you couldn't maintain that tactic.

Dunn barley plays for us. As for your summary...well, thank fk this borefest is over, of you go back to your own board. Funny, you have never been on here to discuss tactics before? Nothing to do with the past results no? Of course not Mr Mature.

Fk me, it gets more pathetic each year.

Well done yesterday, you deserved your victory.

Theres a line you have never said the other way Mr Mature.

Rvblue
10-03-2014, 09:18 PM
Mature Claret

For 70 mins it was nip and tuck. And as you say it was Burnley's weakest performance of the last 4 derbies.

The Replica goal from Shackell changed the game after Rhodes's miss and the momentum moved in Burnley's favour.

Dyche's organisation and mental toughness transmitted to Burnley's players and they had the stronger will to go on and win.

Your turn to have things go for you so fair enough

blueandwhitehalves1
10-03-2014, 10:33 PM
To the 10% of Dingles who aren't on here for the wind-up:

Well done. You deserved to win, you've got a great manager, I expect you'll get promoted and enjoy the bragging rights, you've been waiting long enough.

alfinyalcabo
10-03-2014, 10:50 PM

Well done. You deserved to win, you've got a great manager, I expect you'll get promoted and enjoy the bragging rights, you've been waiting long enough.

Cheers BW,its been a great season for us up to now,hope you are right about the promotion .. B)

blueandwhitehalves1
11-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Cheers BW,its been a great season for us up to now,hope you are right about the promotion .. B)[/quote]

Well you never know in this league but I have to say your manager is something of a genius. Don't know whose job it is to appoint them at Burnley (Kilby perhaps?) but he doesn't half know what he's doing, I don't remember the last time you had a bad one. He's held it together months past the point when everyone expected you to start stumbling, and 8 points clear with 13 (is it 13? haven't checked) games to go, gotta be confident now.

bigmoon
11-03-2014, 06:11 PM
Bowyer deserves a shot at next season, up to Christmas for me.

CasaDeClaret
11-03-2014, 07:23 PM
I rate Bowyer too,
certainly steadied the ship.
Deserves time and shouldn't be slated just for a loss to us (probably heat of the moment stuff)

blueandwhitehalves1
11-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Disagree on that one myself. I think we've gone backwards under him. His record this season is worse than his record last, and none of his signings (except perhaps Cairney) have looked particularly good for this level.

The one thing we've needed in a manager since Allardyce was sacked is the one thing Venkys seem to treat as kryptonite, experience.

Stan_van_nel
11-03-2014, 11:35 PM
[ I don't remember the last time you had a bad one.

Chris Waddle

seventwo
12-03-2014, 01:00 PM

I'm really not sure about that.
He doesn't seem to know his best team and is tactically inept. His substitutions baffle everyone and many opposing managers outfox him.

He just looks ok after all the dross we have had.

I would replace him IF an experienced replacement could be found.

BenBRFC
12-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Bowyer in

champs95
12-03-2014, 02:29 PM

I'm really not sure about that.
He doesn't seem to know his best team and is tactically inept. His substitutions baffle everyone and many opposing managers outfox him.

He just looks ok after all the dross we have had.

I would replace him IF an experienced replacement could be found.[/quote]

he has his weaknesses- I cant think of many mangers (not at our level) who don't?
Has Pearson at Leicester always been a good manager at this level? I think he has been trying and failing with both Hull and Liecester (2 spells) where he got as far as the play-offs (at best) most of the time his sides struggled, or finished mid-table. Thats been going on for about 10 years.
Bowyer is in his first full season as a manager.
We have 2 games in hand and if we win them, we are 2 points off the play-offs.

So to even suggest many mangers o

BlueANwhite
12-03-2014, 05:41 PM
From tonights pre match report

TEAM NEWS

Blackburn defender Matt Kilgallon is a doubt for Wednesday's visit of Bournemouth with a groin injury.

Tom Cairney is out with an ankle injury while fellow midfielder David Dunn, who had cramp during Sunday's 2-1 defeat at home to Burnley, may not start.

Bournemouth striker Yann Kermorgant is close to a return after a heel problem while midfielder Harry Arter has reacted well to treatment on his calf.

Defenders Elliott Ward and Charlie Daniels will miss out once more.

BlueANwhite
12-03-2014, 05:45 PM
So Dunn was taken of because of cramp not because Bowyer is tactically incompetent

DanRrr
12-03-2014, 06:14 PM
I was right next to the players. If Dunn had cramp, he did a bloody good job of hiding it!

seventwo
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
So Dunn was taken of because of cramp

It doesn't say that

blueandwhitehalves1
12-03-2014, 06:32 PM
So Dunn was taken of because of cramp not because Bowyer is tactically incompetent

Dunn blatantly had some kind of problem, I find it baffling that people have been trying to pin that on Bowyer.

My objection with Bowyer is nothing to do with that substitution. He's tactically incompetent because we've failed to win at home against about 7 bottom half sides this season, causing us to need points in tough games where we aren't likely to get them.

champs95
12-03-2014, 06:48 PM
I was right next to the players. If Dunn had cramp, he did a bloody good job of hiding it!

Dan, Dunny hasnt played a full 90 mins for us for seasons. He hasnt got any younger since he last played a full 90? So why would that suddenly change on sunday vrs Burnley?

The possible mistake was starting with him? So we may've brought him on.
If GB had done that, and we had fallen behind then it would've been GB's fault for not starting with him.

The fact Dunn cant play 90 mins anymore is not new information for any Rovers fan. It hasnt been the case for quite a few seasons.

seventwo
12-03-2014, 10:11 PM
Bowyer doesn't seem to be learning.

We have a better squad than last season.
There seems to be less interference.
But we are almost exactly where we were this time last season.

It's a decent squad and perhaps other managers would get more out of them?

DanRrr
12-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Dan, Dunny hasnt played a full 90 mins for us for seasons. He hasnt got any younger since he last played a full 90? So why would that suddenly change on sunday vrs Burnley?

The possible mistake was starting with him? So we may've brought him on.
If GB had done that, and we had fallen behind then it would've been GB's fault for not starting with him.

The fact Dunn cant play 90 mins anymore is not new information for any Rovers fan. It hasnt been the case for quite a few seasons.[/quote]

I know Dunn can't play 90 minutes, but in a game like that, he has the reserves for 75 to 80. Just another 5 minutes could have been the difference between a point and none. Like I said though. When he came off, he walked very normally and took his seat and had a drink and started chatting. If he did that with

Despair
12-03-2014, 10:29 PM
That was awful tonight.
By and large a team of 'strangers' took to the field for that game.
Yes Bournemouth were at us and on their toes right from the off, but we were back on our heels and reeling for very much of the match.
There was a total lack of belief and co-ordination in our play.
I know not whether this is mainly down to the off field staff, or the players themselves, or a combination of both.
I am sorry to say that GB on the touchline looks like 'little boy lost' and is portraying the traits of a man that is awaiting the worst, or even wishing for it.

This team gave the impression tonight that for them the game is up and the season has ended, and they're just biding their time.
On tonight's evidence this team will be lucky to be outside the bottom six.

Not slating for slating's sake, but just opinioning upon what was on display tonight.
It's the poorest I have seen for some considerable time.
It gives me no pleasure at all in saying this, but come the close season I am afr

blueandwhitehalves1
12-03-2014, 10:46 PM

This aint a better squad. Its a younger squad but contrary to it seems a lot of fans beliefs, that doesn't make it better. What we have now is a lot of early to mid 20s talentless journeymen players who never came close to making it in the big time and whose former clubs didn't try hard at all to hold on to. Rhodes was the last player we signed whose club really didn't want him to go, everyone since has been like discarded rubbish we've picked out of a dustbin.

Spurr, Kane, Keane, Feeney, Williamson, Carney, Conway, Taylor, Gestede, Judge. Mediocre Championship at best, League 1 at worst. A less talented bunch of misfits I can't remember having played for Rovers. Bowyer's activity

AucklandRover
12-03-2014, 11:03 PM

This aint a better squad. Its a younger squad but contrary to it seems a lot of fans beliefs, that doesn't make it better. What we have now is a lot of early to mid 20s talentless journeymen players who never came close to making it in the big time and whose former clubs didn't try hard at all to hold on to. Rhodes was the last player we signed whose club really didn't want him to go, everyone since has been like discarded rubbish we've picked out of a dustbin.

Spurr, Kane, Keane, Feeney, Williamson, Carney, Conway, Taylor, Gestede, Judge. Mediocre Championship at best, League 1 at worst. A less talented bunch of misfits I ca

blueandwhitehalves1
12-03-2014, 11:12 PM
B&WH - but who were you expecting to be hammering at the doors of a smallish Championship Club? I simply don't understand what you are saying. Who could we have signed who would have been better than "Spurr, Kane, Keane, Williamson, Cairney, Conway, Taylor, Gestede", given our status and situation? (I have missed out the two who were obviously below the standard required - and I would add Varney and Morrow).
Don't forget GB signed Marshall too, and I would say he does have the necessary quality.
GB has got a number of things wrong - especially in terms of tactics, but I simply don't know how we could have attracted (or afforded) the sort of players you are thinking of.

Nobody's ever hammered at our door, even when we were in the PL. What I'm saying is when was the last time it looked like we were hammering at another club/player's to get them to sign? Hughes wound up everyone in Birmingham and tried every trick in the book to

AucklandRover
13-03-2014, 12:24 AM
B&WH - but who were you expecting to be hammering at the doors of a smallish Championship Club? I simply don't understand what you are saying. Who could we have signed who would have been better than "Spurr, Kane, Keane, Williamson, Cairney, Conway, Taylor, Gestede", given our status and situation? (I have missed out the two who were obviously below the standard required - and I would add Varney and Morrow).
Don't forget GB signed Marshall too, and I would say he does have the necessary quality.
GB has got a number of things wrong - especially in terms of tactics, but I simply don't know how we could have attracted (or afforded) the sort of players you are thinking of.

Nobody's ever hammered at our door, even when we were in the PL. What I'm saying is when was the last time it looked like we were hammering at another club/player's to get them to sign? Hughes wound up ev

Despair
13-03-2014, 06:54 AM
I need to make it clear that my opinion and comments are (as I have said earlier) driven by the 'desire' and 'aspirations' of supporters akin to B&WH's.
In that, if we aspire to take the leap back into the Prem., I am afraid for me it's only going to be delivered by an experienced leader.
This coming from my feeling that GB has maybe took us/gone as far as he could, and in that he has my respect.
As for the aspirations of signings of quality, that went out of the window 2+ seasons ago. Due to the people pulling the strings and the ridiculous methods employed.
Now that FFP is just around the corner (as recognised by the majority) this is just where we would need a BFS in unearthing those cheap gems. But even he, in this new dawn of a regulation furnished to keep only the elite at the top table, would find it extremely difficult.
In saying that I am not ignoring the basic intent of reigning in the ridiculous overspending by clubs in clambering for that winning hand, I just feel that its

flyingclub1875
13-03-2014, 12:39 PM
He's signed 19 players the vast majority of which are average at best ****e at worse