PDA

View Full Version : How the hell...

Wacked1212
09-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Are they second in the league??? All they do is give the ball to Trippier who diagonally hoofs it up to Ings/Vokes...In fact there is nothing else to their attacking play...The Dingles are a very ordinary team and If they go up, and that's an 'if' they'll get destroyed in the premier league with that style of play...

stevie2112
09-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Did you lose today? :blue:

jtv
09-03-2014, 04:16 PM
Yes we need to get those two of your boys with the long throws and the goalie who dribbles up to the half way line to hoof it into the opposition penalty area. That's fantastic football strategy.

NUMANdroid
09-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Wacked?

Appropriate username. What have you been drinking or smoking today?

Take a look at the board and you'll find that some of the staunchest Rovers supporters are humble enough to see how well Burnley have done this season.

And, to refer to your point about Trippier, don't teams play to their strengths these days?
If that is one of our strengths, that I am sure glad that we use it.

Calm down fella. I know it hurts. I've had 34 years of it. It gets better.

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Dont fret W@nked.. remind me what was the score again. B)

Stan_van_nel
09-03-2014, 04:18 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2rptkyt.jpg

lefttit
09-03-2014, 04:20 PM
You're obviously a good winner but a terrible loser - there's nothing worse. Burnley are justifiably in second place so far based on a very good season to date. IF we go up, there is a very high chance of us being relegated, but the rewards of a season in the premier league are huge. My how Blackburn could do with such revenue right now - your financial infrastructure is dire and going to get worse.

Johnwinstonlennon
"How the hell are they second in the league???"

By whuppin second rate outfits like yours week in, week out.

Thats how!XD

backofthenet
Results and consistency. Yes we could have won today if we took the chances we had, but we were overrun in midfield and always looked like we would struggle to create.

Burnley were the better team today, and they have been against 99% of the teams they have played this year.

Don't get me wrong, we are still the bigger club with the better recent history and potential,and I think they should enjoy their moment in the sun like Blackpool did, but at the moment they are a damn good side with one hell of a manager.

If they go up they deserve it.

needle
09-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Its a very simple strategy that Dyche employs.Its called "hard work" and will always give you a chance in this division.Burnley worked and ran theirselves into the ground today and in the end it payed off.
Not being bitter when I say this,but there is very little class in the team,but they all run for each other , work for each other and share the success that comes with it.
Cant knock that.

Wacked1212
09-03-2014, 04:42 PM

HERE COME THE BABOONS

Alf You've been Arse holing up to Rovers fans for years you creep...Have you any pride????

lefttit
09-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Wacked, the biggest baboon, or rather buffoon, on this thread is you - your opening post is just sour grapes. Boo hoo hoo.

alfinyalcabo
09-03-2014, 04:55 PM

HERE COME THE BABOONS

Alf You've been Arse holing up to Rovers fans for years you creep...Have you any pride????[/quote]

I have pride in the clarets who gave 200% today,and i have pride in knowing that i have some good mates on here who enjoy the banter between our clubs,you included W@nked.. Now you know how it feels to be on the losing side in a derby.. Not nice is it mate.. Im sure you will be back to normal in a few days .. B)

Wacked1212
09-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Wacked, the biggest baboon, or rather buffoon, on this thread is you - your opening post is just sour grapes. Boo hoo hoo.

Tut, tut another deluded hill monkey who thinks his side play like "Barcelona"...For 75 minutes of that game you were outplayed by a **** side who play football not longball...Enjoy you're win because WE KNOW that You'll last two minutes in the Premier League, If you get there and get beat 4-5-6 nil every week...Barcelona FFS

jedi_master
09-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Today was nice.

God Bless.

Kissy kissy.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Wacked1212
09-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Today was nice.

God Bless.

Kissy kissy.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Your user says it all baboon... In other words you're a K**bhead

lefttit
09-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Outplayed for 75 mins - more buffoonery. It was an evenly balanced game and we didn't play anywhere near to the level we have of late, but still won - sign of a good side. I'd be happy to get promoted even if that means we get relegated - I accept that would be the likely outcome. The finance is important to clubs like burnley and blackburn - as you will see when your club gets hit hard within the next few years.

Wacked1212
09-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Outplayed for 75 mins - more buffoonery. It was an evenly balanced game and we didn't play anywhere near to the level we have of late, but still won - sign of a good side. I'd be happy to get promoted even if that means we get relegated - I accept that would be the likely outcome. The finance is important to clubs like burnley and blackburn - as you will see when your club gets hit hard within the next few years.

Oh my, you're actually talking about relegation before you're promoted!!!!!!...What you're actually saying is 'We're a sh*t side, we won't even compete in the premier league but we'll take the parachute payments because we're desperate for cash'...No wonder Floods back on your board. He knows exactly how to siphon off money for your owners while announcing big investment plans that never happen...The funny thing is that you monkeys ACCEPT that...Like it's ok to fail...Buffoonery indeed

lotty1
09-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Shouldn't you be in bed ? School in the morning son ! Tell mummy to wash behind your ears . Night night .

lefttit
09-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I'll try and be really clear because you're a bit thick:

* you started talking about relegation before we are promoted
* I used words like 'IF' and 'I'd be happy' on that subject
* on your other point I am simply being realistic - unlike you I don't pretend we are something we aren't.

Mulignan
09-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Wacked = embarrassing @@@@@@ with more limbs than brain cells

Wacked1212
09-03-2014, 06:10 PM
I'll try and be really clear because you're a bit thick:

* you started talking about relegation before we are promoted
* I used words like 'IF' and 'I'd be happy' on that subject
* on your other point I am simply being realistic - unlike you I don't pretend we are something we aren't.

That says it all...Correcting grammar like you're clever or something on a football site...As if anyone gives a toss about grammar you boring fool?

And you're "point" about relegation...You ACCEPT it like it's OK...Only from the brain of a Dingle moron would this "reality" be acceptable...
No wonder the Kids in Burnley don't get any GCSE's their parents are all tedious dullards

lefttit
09-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Where was I correcting your grammar? You are actually thicker than I thought.

'Kids in burnley don't get GCSEs' - a stupid and meaningless generalisation.

You should sign-off now - you're just embarrassing yourself and I'd rather read posts from sensible blackburn fans.

Davhor
09-03-2014, 06:33 PM
[quote="needle" and will always give you a chance in this division.Burnley worked and ran theirselves into the ground today and in the end it payed off.
Not being bitter when I say this,but there is very little class in the team,but they all run for each other , work for each other and share the success that comes with it.
Cant knock that.[/quote]

Spot on again Needo. Desire also. Ings never gave our backs a minute and they have a great spirit.

Wacked1212
09-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Where was I correcting you grammar? You are actually thicker than I thought.

'Kids in burnley don't get GCSEs' - a stupid and meaningless generalisation.

You should sign-off now - you're just embarrassing yourself and I'd rather read posts from sensible blackburn fans.

Hmmm I Copied the correcting grammar bit in by mistake

Anyway, you think that the comment about Burnley Kids being stupid is "a stupid and meaningless generalisation" but its true isn't it? Burnley kids don't do well in the education stakes

What chance have they got with elders like you eh??? Is it any wonder that they have no belief and are beaten before they start???????

lefttit
09-03-2014, 06:48 PM
'Copied' from another thread. You can't think of an authentic reply and even make a mess of copying. You are intellectually disabled - I rest my case.

jedi_master
09-03-2014, 06:50 PM
My word, you are an embarrassment darling. I can only hope that you have had a decent afternoon in the local alehouse to come out with the ramblings you have mustered here.

You know it's been a good day when the Rovers fans are resorting to insults about GCSE results for the children of Burnley that they can't substantiate. I am from Burnley, I have a Master's degree. I assume you are packing a PhD?

It's all you have left isn't it though son?

4 years.

FOUR YEARS.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

scouseclaret
09-03-2014, 06:54 PM
the guy has a point. We were prety "direct" today. In fact I'd say it was one of the poorest performances I've seen from us this season.

And yet we were still good enoguh to beat rovers...

LincolnClaret
09-03-2014, 07:25 PM
I thought we were as poor as I've seen us all season today. We were much better against Rovers at the Turf but were denied a deserved win by a fluke goal and a red card. We were better at Ewood last season but were denied by a scandalous offside goal.

Maybe it's as simple as your luck ran out today? This has been coming from a while and you can't deny that. Lots of fans (Derby last week, Forest the week before that for example) have come out and said exactly what you're saying tonight. How are we second? I'm not a gloating fan, just a realistic fan, but even I think it's time for people to accept that we're half decent.

We're unbeaten against the top 7, we've not lost since Boxing Day, we have a strike force with 43 goals between them and a hell of a hard working side. These are the facts. You can choose to ignore them and suggest that we have little star quality or little aspiration for staying in the PL... but at least we're up at the business end of the table, and if you can do t

turnpikeclaret
09-03-2014, 07:45 PM
I think a call to the Samaritans may be in order. What a sad and pathetic rant.

willyclaret
09-03-2014, 08:07 PM
You're entitled to your opinion no matter how misplaced and unwarranted it may be.
As I am better placed to make a more informed judgement on Sir Keiron Trippier,I have to say that I have never seen him as restrained as he was today.His overlapping and support play down our right flank is our main attacking threat and a major source of our goals.
I agree with my fellow Clarets that today was certainly one of our poorer performances with both the ball and with our movement.
What you always get however is 100% commitment,hunger and desire.

paulnightingale
09-03-2014, 08:26 PM
they are second in the league because they have the second most points , by march that is no fluke,

evensteadiereddie
09-03-2014, 08:37 PM
Thank you to those Rovers lads who can accept that maybe just maybe after being near the top for over six months, we have something about us.
As for the others, your bitterness and low self-esteem will recede in time.
Possibly.

paderbornclaret
09-03-2014, 08:56 PM
It's all too much for Wacked bless him...

http://i57.tinypic.com/im1d8j.jpg

eric1953
09-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Bolton fan - Cracking match, great advertisement for the Championship.

Blackburn were the better team in the first half and deserved their lead.

Burnley came more into it in the second half and it was no surprise to me when they equalised. There was then only going to be 1 result.

Its all about consistency of selection, organisation, and effort ( Burnley have all that in abundance ). Good luck to them, they deserve the success they are having.

AucklandRover
09-03-2014, 09:34 PM
Bolton fan - Cracking match, great advertisement for the Championship.

Blackburn were the better team in the first half and deserved their lead.

Burnley came more into it in the second half and it was no surprise to me when they equalised. There was then only going to be 1 result.

Its all about consistency of selection, organisation, and effort ( Burnley have all that in abundance ). Good luck to them, they deserve the success they are having.

Good post, Eric. Today, Burnley had the touch of luck that had gone OUR way in a couple of the recent fixtures. I thought the self-belief that comes from a settled, confident team was the difference in the end.
I went to bed grumpy in the middle of the night, but - actually - Rovers played OK against probably the best team in the division.
I am hoping, now it's over, we can go back to using this site for discussing Blackburn Rovers.
The so-called "banter" does become tedious for those w

Jakubclaret
10-03-2014, 12:03 AM
You got lucky with dunnys goal when egghead was in charge it had to happen sooner or later. I'm not surprised on the back of current form that it has. Goes to show far you have fallen & we have rose. On perspective I'd rather build in championship & go up when right bigger battles than the lot up the M65 lie in wait seasons ahead. Burnley on MOTD next season will be entertainment enough for me & I can honestly say there's no jealously there different league will be hard. We will need luck.

braindead
10-03-2014, 10:37 AM

Tut, tut another deluded hill monkey who thinks his side play like "Barcelona"...For 75 minutes of that game you were outplayed by a **** side who play football not longball...Enjoy you're win because WE KNOW that You'll last two minutes in the Premier League, If you get there and get beat 4-5-6 nil every week...Barcelona FFS[/quote]

Oh and I suppose Tommy Spurrs long throws into the box are just sheer tiki taka?

Deluded and bitter

5 YEARS!!

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Well done Wacked for creating this containment thread. Top marks!!! :star:

ColinBlacklabel
10-03-2014, 11:17 AM
'Blackburn were the better team in the first half and deserved their lead'

No - Burnley were the better team for the 1st quarter and Rovers were the better team in the 2nd quarter - the first half was an even half.

We (Burnley) played well below our normal standard yet it was good enough to beat a mid table Championship side. That's the bottom line.

The OP is going off 1 game, which is ludicrous and short sighted. If you'd seen us against Notts Forest, you'd be saying we were a mid table Premier League side. That's football.

champs95
10-03-2014, 12:50 PM
This is just getting funny now.

Every single won we have had over the years is met with ...
'you didnt deserve it'
'you were lucky''
''the ref cheated'
'you cheated'
'your players cheated'

You had some bad luck over the years looking at that. Then yesterday you blew us away too.

Most lads have simply said well done, you deserved it.

Could you imagine that the other way round? I couldnt.

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 12:58 PM
Spot on Champs. There are dingles desparate for us to say something stupid and bitter. And when we don't, they make it up or put things out of context. Wacked has created a nice haven for them in this thread. He's done a great job of it too XD

champs95
10-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Spot on Champs. There are dingles desparate for us to say something stupid and bitter. And when we don't, they make it up or put things out of context. Wacked has created a nice haven for them in this thread. He's done a great job of it too XD

the silly post on here didnt help, but thats one poster. I'm not aware of any other, and the same extends to those who all went.
They are just Burnley, as its expected, and funny.

Its very quiet on here though. We had plenty of vocal fans when we where good, plenty where vocal when things started to wrong, now we have fallen, I guess this is the future.

We gained alot of new fans overnight, and lost them in the same timescale. Thats expected aswell.

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 01:31 PM
There's not really much to say these days though is there? I bore myself saying the same things over and over. There was a time when there was pride in 'punching above our wieght,' then things got strange and sinister and there was plenty to say. Now it's just a case that we're an average side with ambitions above our station in our current set up. A ground that's far too big with a team that contains way too many midfielders, not enough strikers and not enough defenders, but somehow is also way too large to ever settle and a manager that, whilst he's brought some stability and common sense back, has no idea when to make subsitutions, has no idea who his best 11 are and will not go on the 'run' that he keeps talking about. All in all, we'll win some, we'll lose some and we'll draw some. But we will not do anything of merit. So it goes quiet.

champs95
10-03-2014, 01:52 PM
There's not really much to say these days though is there? I bore myself saying the same things over and over. There was a time when there was pride in 'punching above our wieght,' then things got strange and sinister and there was plenty to say. Now it's just a case that we're an average side with ambitions above our station in our current set up. A ground that's far too big with a team that contains way too many midfielders, not enough strikers and not enough defenders, but somehow is also way too large to ever settle and a manager that, whilst he's brought some stability and common sense back, has no idea when to make subsitutions, has no idea who his best 11 are and will not go on the 'run' that he keeps talking about. All in all, we'll win some, we'll lose some and we'll draw some. But we will not do anything of merit. So it goes quiet.

Its a toughie with GB.
He has done brilliantly to stabilise a club that was in turmoil. He h

ColinBlacklabel
10-03-2014, 01:58 PM
'but if your entire 1st team stays fit (which is complete luck)'

It's part luck - it's also down to the staff at the club in question. I'm quite sure if a club had poor medical staff even 'complete luck' wouldn't be enough to keep a team fit all season.

Also, I've heard 2 Rovers fan since yesterday bang on about "You've only beat us once in 35 years" - now that is a bit desperate.

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Now, you've also hit another nail on head that I haven't raised before Champs. I expected Burnley to get a few injuries and slip, but that hasn't happened. Yet, as you say, we've had loads. Surely training and tactics come into it in terms of injuries? I'm not saying Bowyer out, he is just what we needed. And in fairness, he's had a lot to cope with, particularly in terms of getting shut of a lot of big ego's who didn't give a phuck about the club. That is a huge distraction. There has been a lot of damage done. It needs repairing. But FFS, his substitutions are our downfall. Doesn't make them when they're needed, then makes them when they're not. And it's never a positive game changer. Always either keeps things as they are, or makes things worse. This is a problem. As are the injuries, which can't all be organic when Dyche can keep a small squad fully fit for a season?

champs95
10-03-2014, 02:02 PM
'but if your entire 1st team stays fit (which is complete luck)'

It's part luck - it's also down to the staff at the club in question. I'm quite sure if a club had poor medical staff even 'complete luck' wouldn't be enough to keep a team fit all season.

Also, I've heard 2 Rovers fan since yesterday bang on about "You've only beat us once in 35 years" - now that is a bit desperate.

I'm unaware of any team that stays injury free for almost the whole season. But being a Claret, you suggest its your brilliant fitness and doctors, not luck.

This Dyche and his backroom staff are surley the next in line for England then.

Alongside 10k Clarets locked ...

and who mentioned 35 years other than you on this thread? ;D

champs95
10-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Now, you've also hit another nail on head that I haven't raised before Champs. I expected Burnley to get a few injuries and slip, but that hasn't happened. Yet, as you say, we've had loads. Surely training and tactics come into it in terms of injuries? I'm not saying Bowyer out, he is just what we needed. And in fairness, he's had a lot to cope with, particularly in terms of getting shut of a lot of big ego's who didn't give a phuck about the club. That is a huge distraction. There has been a lot of damage done. It needs repairing. But FFS, his substitutions are our downfall. Doesn't make them when they're needed, then makes them when they're not. And it's never a positive game changer. Always either keeps things as they are, or makes things worse. This is a problem. As are the injuries, which canaiit all be organic when Dyche can keep a small squad fully fit for a season?

His substitutions are poor, that is his worst asset. He need

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 02:26 PM
There's always a bit of luck involved with any success Champs. Like the luck they had yesterday with Dunn being subbed XD

champs95
10-03-2014, 02:50 PM
There's always a bit of luck involved with any success Champs. Like the luck they had yesterday with Dunn being subbed XD

injuries to one side - of course on the pitch you make your own luck in football. I seruously think with injuries its plain and simple luck.
With getting decisions from refs, etc etc the balance of a game shifting then the sides at the top, make their own luck. Burnley got lucky against Derby the week before. But they earnt that luck imo, as they played well, scored a good goal, attacked ect. In our championship season, we got luck. We also earnt it. In our relegation season we had no luck at all. We deserved none aswell.

sabdenclaret
10-03-2014, 02:54 PM
There is no doubt luck with injuries plays a massive part, and to go through a season without any major or long term ones (Wallace aside) certainly helps! What i would say is that when players play week-in, week-out dont you think they build up a fitness level which if then monitored/managed between games via rest/massage/physio,conditioning,diet,etc helps the players perform to their best on a regular basis! It doesnt make them immune from injury of course, but when players are rested/rotated and so on then their bodies never really get fully 'tuned-up' and injury maybe more likely!
On top of this when results are going well players want to play and be part of the success - if the team is struggling maybe its easier to hide and look for excuses not to play!
It cant be coincidence that this season and in 2008/09 we used the fewest players in the league, the best eleven more or less picked itself, and results spoke for themselves!
Maybe we have just got lucky again, or maybe squads are

champs95
10-03-2014, 03:19 PM
[quote="sabdenclaret"]There is no doubt luck with injuries plays a massive part, and to go through a season without any major or long term ones (Wallace aside) certainly helps! What i would say is that when players play week-in, week-out dont you think they build up a fitness level which if then monitored/managed between games via rest/massage/physio,conditioning,diet,etc helps the players perform to their best on a regular basis! It doesnt make them immune from injury of course, but when players are rested/rotated and so on then their bodies never really get fully 'tuned-up' and injury maybe more likely!
On top of this when results are going well players want to play and be part of the success - if the team is struggling maybe its easier to hide and look for excuses not to play!
It cant be coincidence that this season and in 2008/09 we used the fewest players in the league, the best eleven more or less picked itself, and results spoke for themselves!
Maybe

keith1879
10-03-2014, 07:04 PM
He didn't have bad luck in the Premiership ... he made bad decisions. Not enough emphasis on midfield etc.

Jakubclaret
10-03-2014, 07:48 PM
People say the prem league is the best place to play football ok then but I'd rather prefer the cushy confines of the championship than the prem oh I forgot the bit about visiting grounds like anfield old Trafford Emirates ect it's a good day out watching Suarez van Persie blitzing you & other quality players & paying thru the nose for that pleasure. Nah I want the championship any day of the week than paying money to watch them tosspots.

Despair
11-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Its very, very unfortunate (but for me inevitable) that GB is and will be brought into question.
I have nothing but respect for what he took on, but the situation, as I see it, is that he just does not seem to be climbing that learning curve.
For some time now the general view is/has been that; He is in charge of 'someone else's squad'.
He has Venkys interfering. He is new to the job.

But it has been some time now that any of that has been of real relevance.

I am with Dan on this where I just cannot see him commanding a concerted challenge for a top two place, as I don't think he is showing the attributes to put together a really decent run of results.
Even the BFC support are bewildered and critical of many of his 'tactics'.
Yes injuries are a big influence and as said that is where real managers show their mettle. But he has had a very generous chequebook to play with (relatively) and has brought in a very large number of players of his choosing.
I have also to question (with rega

Jakubclaret
12-03-2014, 12:04 AM
I didn't come on to gloat or rub the salt in we've won 1 in 35 yrs whoopee it was a good game any side could have nicked it. There's no animosity as far as I'm concerned & certainly no sour grapes. Good luck sincerely meant for the remainder of the season. you've had your fair share of problems post WT which I recognise. I honestly wish we would have had earlier successes wasn't to be so can't deny your history which we are unlikely to replicate I can't see anybody like JW taking a interest in us we can only hope.

ColinBlacklabel
12-03-2014, 10:31 AM
People keep mentioning about how we've got 'lucky' without any serious injuries, but have you seen the size of our squad?

Most teams can afford a few injuries as their squad will cover it - so you could say teams with larger squads have been lucky, due to having the finances from richer chairmen to cover them.

We aren't lucky for not getting injuries - we're unlucky for not having gazillions of money to make a more indepth squad that can cover for them, like every other team has.

AucklandRover
12-03-2014, 10:37 PM
People keep mentioning about how we've got 'lucky' without any serious injuries, but have you seen the size of our squad?

Most teams can afford a few injuries as their squad will cover it - so you could say teams with larger squads have been lucky, due to having the finances from richer chairmen to cover them.

We aren't lucky for not getting injuries - we're unlucky for not having gazillions of money to make a more indepth squad that can cover for them, like every other team has.

Pardon? Are you saying you get fewer injuries BECAUSE you have a smaller squad? Can you explain how that works?