PDA

View Full Version : T**f S**t, we were better.

chordal
09-03-2014, 04:48 PM
If Rhodes had not hit the post, you would have gone on and won today. It was a massive turning point, and a wake up call to us.
Even the stanchest B*****d fan's have to admit that we were better today, and worthy of putting the devil to bed.
WHY ?? take Dunn off in a derby game, ? he would have done something to hurt us in a full 90 mins.
Feeney should have had a straight red with his first touch.
Hope we don't play you next season, but we all love derby days.
You need to get young Mr Clough @ 'Deadwood'.
Up the Clarets.

DanRrr
09-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Can't argue with any of that. Good post, (aside from Clough, but he would be a step up).

chordal
09-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks Danrrr, we all just footy fans at the end of the day.

Burnleyfc4ever
10-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Its like me saying if Vokes was an inch on side the game would have changed from the start, cant dwell on hitting the post and thinking you'd have won it if it went in.

yorkyclaret
10-03-2014, 03:27 PM
If Jones hadn't played the worst ball he has played for us it would never have happened, thought it was a poor shot rather than bad luck anyway, our luck was the winner, Barnes didn't intend to pass to Ings, Ings shot looked like it would be cleared by the player on the line, until the keeper got a tiny touch to deflect it past him. All such fine margins in football. At least most have taken their defeat graciously unlike Derby fans last week.

champs95
10-03-2014, 04:18 PM
If Jones hadn't played the worst ball he has played for us it would never have happened, thought it was a poor shot rather than bad luck anyway, our luck was the winner, Barnes didn't intend to pass to Ings, Ings shot looked like it would be cleared by the player on the line, until the keeper got a tiny touch to deflect it past him. All such fine margins in football. At least most have taken their defeat graciously unlike Derby fans last week.

At least most have taken their defeat graciously unlike Derby fans last week

and also unlike the vast majority of Clarets who also never gave us any credit for beating you in all those years.
The 5-0 wasnt - 'well done you played well your just better than us'
it was all that 'ferraris and mini's' *******s.

Being gracious during mupiple defeats over many years isn't something I can associate with the majority of Dings.
The odd one who posts here sometimes say the odd decent thing.

blueandwhitehalves1
10-03-2014, 10:24 PM
If Rhodes had not hit the post, you would have gone on and won today. It was a massive turning point, and a wake up call to us.
Even the stanchest B*****d fan's have to admit that we were better today, and worthy of putting the devil to bed.
WHY ?? take Dunn off in a derby game, ? he would have done something to hurt us in a full 90 mins.
Feeney should have had a straight red with his first touch.
Hope we don't play you next season, but we all love derby days.
You need to get young Mr Clough @ 'Deadwood'.
Up the Clarets.

Whats that first word? A bit more reading and a bit less sister/daughter/sheep sh@gging and you might learn how to spell tricky 5-letter words like tough.

Straight red for Feeney? Christ thats funny. You lot should have finished the game with about 5 men then in the 2000 battle of Turd Moor.

You can have young Mr Clough when Dyche sods you off for a mediocre outfit like Wigan or Swansea, and you can all have a se

Bobcrompton1896
11-03-2014, 07:16 AM
I got a mountain of abuse at my workplace in Manchester from any number of Burnley fans who appeared to crawl out of the woodwork. The animosity and resentment showered at Rovers smacked of desperation at times...still I have to agree taking Dunn off(unfit or not)smacked of psychological defeat and also not putting on Lee Williamson,who single-handedly rescued a point for us at Turf Moor made no sense whatsoever...:? >:(

bigmoon
11-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Its like me saying if Vokes was an inch on side the game would have changed from the start, cant dwell on hitting the post and thinking you'd have won it if it went in.

Wow, considering the Claret faithful have dwelt on Olsson's dive and Dunn being offside this is very gracious of you...

blackburnturfite
15-03-2014, 11:17 AM
If Lee Williamson wouldn't have dragged Danny Ings down at the turf earlier in the season, before being Red Carded!we would have had 6 points off you this season!!!