PDA

View Full Version : Albion Rovers, robbed?

Bellevue
09-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Just watched the Rangers v Albion Rovers quarter final match and feel that the Rovers deserve a big well done for how well they stood up and stuck to a game plan in a match they were supposed to lose. They could, and possibly should, have won the game but for a goal that could well have been disallowed by a different referee.
They did the lower leagues in Scotland a big favour by showing what team spirit and commitment can achieve against all the odds.
For them to have been in the draw for the semi final of the Scottish cup, albeit still having a replay to play, sums up the romance of cup football and I'd like to wish them all the best in the replay.
I hope our players and management watched the game and feel they can do as well, if not better than the Rovers at the end of the month.
A big well done again to all at Cliftonhill, best wishes for the replay.

maroonie
09-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Haven't seen the game yet but was at Ibrox when we were cheated by the softest penalty awarded by a ref who was on Rangers books as a youth. Only real surprise is that the huns didn't get their standard penalty. All the best to the wee rovers in the replay.

timlichtie
09-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Just seen the Rangers goal on the news. An absolutely clear foul. Maybe given as a goal in the 60s but not nowadays.

davedinburgh
10-03-2014, 09:49 PM
It was a clear goal What rule book do you lot play to

The law clearly states in the Blue Book
that the keeper clearly impeded the attacking player who is allowed to have his arms raised and his forward momentum contributed to knocking the keeper into the net along with the ball
This is only allowed to take place at the end at which the home team are attacking and on no account can take place in the other goal mouth if this situation occurs at the other end the goal is disallowed

and a pen will be awarded which will be taken at the goal being defended by the away team

We will just make the laws up as we go along WHY NOT Ref had a job to do and time was running out

gruppenfuhrer
10-03-2014, 10:05 PM
goalkeepers get a lot of protection theses days , it was a foul the sevco player even looked up to the ref to see if it was awarded, but cast back to when smeltic were at gayfield and we got a goal disallowed for far less contact.

m4d_lichties
11-03-2014, 02:14 PM
My thoughts as well. Minimal contact on Forster - result foul - goal disallowed - Celtic out of jail
Fast forward- contact on Rovers keeper - no foul - goal allowed - The Rangers out of jail
Common denominator?
Result in favour of old firm - AMAZING - never saw that coming.

I'm not bitter