PDA

View Full Version : Seriously...

GrestyLion
10-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Our biggest problem all season has been the number of goals we concede. Yet we haven't loaned a single defender in that time?!

All our defenders have had a turn, and with the exception of 1 maybe 2 all have looked not up to the task at times.

Therefore does anyone else find it odd that despite us having masses of loan players this season we haven't addressed our defence??

My view is that Kelvin has gone backwards from the last 2 seasons and with him out of contract end of the season can see him heading for pastures new along with Ellis.

We sorely need an experienced head at the heart of the defence, an organiser, a leader.

Also i still say it but we haven't had a decent left back since Shaun Smith left!!

itwasin
10-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Not had a Decent Goalkeeper since Dario let INCE go the list could go on!

PAULCAFC
10-03-2014, 05:56 PM
SD has failed big time this season IMO, failed to stem the defensive woes, 67 goals conceded in 35 games, prob be 80+ by the end of the season, bought poor signings in, most who are now on loan elsewhere, had two big time signings causing probs off the pitch, over reliant on loanees, at least two who are injury prone!and only one has delivered,its too late now for me and we are going down into L2, the pre season scandal is just a smokescreen, he and the players he manages have failed almost completely, I love my home town club but this season has been a total disaster!!!

itwasin
10-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Yes but at least SD did try he brought more players in than Dario did in the past 5 years,He just sat on his backside and said"There is no one out there better than we have" before Davies arrived,and rescued us from NONE LEAGUE.
The players have let SD down,the Supporters and Club.

somersetcrewe
11-03-2014, 07:51 AM
Not had a Decent Goalkeeper since Dario let INCE go the list could go on!

Whilst I have to agree we let Ince go too soon, (Walsall fans will probably vouch for that), I disagree with the main sentiment.

Steve Phillips has been more than decent and but for that ridiculous Rhys Taylor loan, (just look where he is now!), we would have had an extra season out of him to prove it, (if proof were needed).

Alex_Crew
11-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Our biggest problem all season has been the number of goals we concede. Yet we haven't loaned a single defender in that time?!

All our defenders have had a turn, and with the exception of 1 maybe 2 all have looked not up to the task at times.

Therefore does anyone else find it odd that despite us having masses of loan players this season we haven't addressed our defence??

My view is that Kelvin has gone backwards from the last 2 seasons and with him out of contract end of the season can see him heading for pastures new along with Ellis.

We sorely need an experienced head at the heart of the defence, an organiser, a leader.

Also i still say it but we haven't had a decent left back since Shaun Smith left!!

Have to agree with all of these sentiments, gresty. The goals against column is enough proof to suggest we needed a shake up in defence.

We've missed an Artell character...experienced, (mostly) dependable and a leader.

Th