PDA

View Full Version : Will Burnley win promotion?

Quattro
10-03-2014, 07:18 PM
As Blackburn fans, do you believe that Burnley will win promotion from the Championship into the Premier League this season?

Please, honest answers only, don't let your heart rule your head!

I know I've spoken to dozens of fans from many different teams, and all bar one believe that Burnley will.

DanRrr
10-03-2014, 07:27 PM
If you contine to get results like you have had all season, then yes. It's yours to take or blow.

needle
10-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Yes !

gardsPNE
12-03-2014, 02:00 PM
They have avoided major Injuries, suspensions and as long as the squad doesn't take a major hit in the coming weeks then there is only one result for me, Dingles in the Prem and to be honest totally deserved.

BenBRFC
12-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Yep !

blue_bruce
13-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Yes I do. Automatically too, not playoffs. This season from them has astonished me, although I do feel they've rode their luck. Especially concerning injuries, which have decimated us for instance.

I've been expecting the wheels to fall of (and not just because you're our rivals, but genuinely expecting it) for most of the season, but it just hasn't happened. It's beginning to look like it won't.

However, I don't think you will stay up there. Back down in your first season is my guess, but you might scrape out a second season. You just don't have the infrastructure to maintain long-term status.

Bobcrompton1896
13-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes Burnley probably deserve promotion. Dyche deserves great credit for his fitness regime where players DONT seem to get injured:? their superior effort & hard work to our squad :? all on a threadbare budget of zero pence. This would take some doing by any manager,I guess. B)

MillHillRover
13-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Nowt na surer, and although it slightly pains me to say so "they thoroughly deserve it" well done.

seventwo
13-03-2014, 04:17 PM
[quote="MillHillRover" well done.[/quote]

Agreed, a tremendous achievement and, I think, more chance of this team staying up for a year or two.

Despair
13-03-2014, 04:32 PM
I wonder if it is sinking in yet how magnanimous their closest, selfish, spoilt, rivals are ???

Oh yea, it's a yes from me also. :)
Well done fellow NW/EL club.

Just like the vast majority of the BFC support, I am quite frankly amazed at their run and have been proven wrong at putting them top 8 or 9 at best.

yorkyclaret
13-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks Despair, think when Austin was sold we all expected a relegation battle this season, funny thing is I truly believe the Championship is a better league for us, at least last time I got the sweetener of a free season ticket, but not this time. Only good thing is the money coming into club, don't get me wrong I will celebrate if/when it becomes definite, but I will still be a little disappointed if we arn't in the Championship next season.

blue_bruce
13-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Why, Yorky?

Juninho
13-03-2014, 11:27 PM
its for them to mess it up.

Despair
14-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Re; bluebrucies query

Probably the same reason why I quite like the more level competitiveness of this 'lesser league'.
The powers that be want only an elitist top tier, where the cash cow is king. My view is let them have it, and let me get on with observing honest endeavour (our current situ. excused obviously) ;D

yorkyclaret
14-03-2014, 03:01 PM
That's certainly a part of it Despair, the league just isn't competitive, especially for clubs like Burnley, the top 5 next season will be United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in some order, everyone else really trying to avoid relegation. Then there are too many professional cheats, whingers and divers, Refs that make sure the big boys are looked after and finally, I like my football at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, not the time that suits Skys armchair fans. Oh, I forgot, going to away games, ticket prices, driving into big citys, nowhere to park, huge grounds where you are too far from the action, give me a trip to Yeovil anyday.

Despair
14-03-2014, 04:36 PM
That's certainly a part of it Despair, the league just isn't competitive, especially for clubs like Burnley, the top 5 next season will be United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in some order, everyone else really trying to avoid relegation. Then there are too many professional cheats, whingers and divers, Refs that make sure the big boys are looked after and finally, I like my football at 3 o'clock on a Saturday afternoon, not the time that suits Skys armchair fans. Oh, I forgot, going to away games, ticket prices, driving into big citys, nowhere to park, huge grounds where you are too far from the action, give me a trip to Yeovil anyday.

That pretty much says it all really, and I couldn't agree more.

Yes, I don't deny that JW stepping up and giving us the ride of our life was not immensely pleasurable, but the gravy train just keeps on growing more and more grotesque by the year. It's something that I pretty much detes

blueandwhitehalves1
14-03-2014, 05:53 PM
Yep. The 3 games prior to Birmingham sealed it in my eyes. After your phenomenal charge to the top before christmas, you had a period where you drew quite a few games and that was the point I intially thought you'd fail. But Dyche has guided you through it. It'd be a spectacular cock-up if you messed it up now and I just can't see it with the guy you have in charge.

champs95
14-03-2014, 06:20 PM
I think they will go up. If they continue to have no injuries, they will see it through. And good luck to them aswell.

That will be 2 promotions without being bankrolled. A big achievement. Without being handed a mountain of cash we flirted with the play-offs a few times, but never made it up. So our rivals are actually showing us how it should be done.

Any Clarets familiar with a footy mag called Backpass? It's a mag that looks back at old football, and features the 70's etc. there's a nice article in the current mag about old Burnley kits throughout the years. Worth a look.

seventwo
14-03-2014, 06:55 PM
... Backpass? It's a mag that looks back at old football, and features the 70's etc. there's a nice article in the current mag about old Burnley kits throughout the years. Worth a look.

I have the full set! :heart:

DanRrr
14-03-2014, 08:10 PM
... Backpass? It's a mag that looks back at old football, and features the 70's etc. there's a nice article in the current mag about old Burnley kits throughout the years. Worth a look.

I have the full set! :heart:[/quote]

Shame you can't say the same about your teeth XD

champs95
14-03-2014, 08:15 PM

I have the full set! :heart:[/quote]

I only discovered it last year Sven. It's a really good read, by far he best footy mag for me. It's had some lovely articles on Bury, and the non league features etc are very well put together. I send them to my Dad after I've finished with them, and he likes it too.

Howie5o
14-03-2014, 08:19 PM
yeah ..i think they will get promoted ..not in that position for no reason at this stage of the season ..as for their stay away fans who ve cited price cost as their reason for staying away this season ...i take it they wont be going next season in the Premiership ..?...12000 wont look very good at all ...but hats off to the faithful ..;D

ps ..beats some of the excuses so called Rovers fans have thrown up when virtually given a season ticket on a plate ...

Juninho
14-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Their have Danny Ings Injured :D :D

kozzi1990
15-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Sorry juninho to spoil your joy...but Ing's is 100% fit and avaliable for selection against Leeds this afternoon...UTC

ralphpom
17-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Backpass is great ... couple of mistakes on the kit feature mind ... Proud to say I got my in there last year and I got a shock reading the latest book from the Got Not Got chaps ... I've actually got a quote in that one wonders will never cease ...

Quickenthetempo
17-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Yes Burnley will get promoted and will benefit from some help from Rovers.

The Huddersfield win and Rhodes bagging three was very good news for Burnley as it kept your season alive with you to play Leicester and QPR at home. Might even get as far as Wigan on the last day for one almighty favour from our blue and white friends.:D

champs95
17-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Backpass is great ... couple of mistakes on the kit feature mind ... Proud to say I got my in there last year and I got a shock reading the latest book from the Got Not Got chaps ... I've actually got a quote in that one wonders will never cease ...

What mistakes Ralph? I like stuff like this. I quite like that old school V top. You should bring that back out if you go up, for next season.

And how did you get your in again pal?

ralphpom
17-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Couple of slight mistakes that probably only the well versed anorak would spot ;) ... The chap talks about us wearing the plain Claret shirt in the 4-1 win at Leeds in 1974 we actually wore the Blue change strip or third strip as he calls it . .. he gets the years wrong on that one (should be 73-6) ... and he also gets the years wrong on the Yellow umbro kit (should be 76-81) .. he talks about us having the town crest on the Yellow kit when that crest was specifically chosen to be different to the town crest so the club could slap a copywright on it ... nice graphics mind if you look at the historical kits website you will see my all over it on various clubs I'm well into the old club history/grounds/kits thing

champs95
17-03-2014, 07:46 PM
Couple of slight mistakes that probably only the well versed anorak would spot ;) ... The chap talks about us wearing the plain Claret shirt in the 4-1 win at Leeds in 1974 we actually wore the Blue change strip or third strip as he calls it . .. he gets the years wrong on that one (should be 73-6) ... and he also gets the years wrong on the Yellow umbro kit (should be 76-81) .. he talks about us having the town crest on the Yellow kit when that crest was specifically chosen to be different to the town crest so the club could slap a copywright on it ... nice graphics mind if you look at the historical kits website you will see my all over it on various clubs I'm well into the old club history/grounds/kits thing

When it comes to stuff like this Ralph, I'm quite an anorak. :D
But I don't confess to knowing which kits you had & when. I do now recall one of my child hood heroes (Martin Dobson) wearing the all blue kit for Burnl

Davhor
17-03-2014, 09:04 PM
[no body]

GrimsbyClaret
20-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks Rovers Fans. You have been very sporting in your answers. Its refreshing to read your honest views, minus any hate mails. Hope you do well next season and the Venkies clear off.

SteakPuddChipsNGravy
22-03-2014, 06:08 PM
I second the thanks for the mature honest answers on this thread. It is refreshing to read, rather than some of the hate filled bile that gets spouted on both of our teams forums.

spignific
23-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Burnley are nearly up.Two wins in 9 games will do it.Come 12 months time they could be 100 million pounds richer above us.
What should matter to Rovers fans though is just how we do from now on and progress.
Given Burnleys near promotion at Charlton today,was an 1800 following really has amazing as the internet clarets fans are saying ?
I reckon we will have 1,000 going to charlton on the last away game even with us having f / all to play for..light the blue touch paper ;D

spignific
23-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Rovers and burnley fans on here ,be happy
with rare 32 year old recording of new order blackpool 1982 - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kirLcLozEjg)

spignific
23-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Sod that,hacienda 1985 video is better

XD - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVP0qpJNH-0)

BeneBoyBFCN58
23-03-2014, 03:42 AM
Some excellent comments from you Rovers fans (particularly my old mate champs95 (:D :-D ;D ;-D) concerning our potential promotion chances. A lot better than you would have got from the majority of brain deads who inhabit the CM site!!

There is an awful long way to go as yet but, would love to see us go up as one of the top two and Rovers to go up via the play-off's then we could renew our rivalry next season.

Good luck you Rovers and thanks for doing them Foxes for two points yesterday!!

DanRrr
23-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Sod that,hacienda 1985 video is better

XD

It sure is - nice post ;)

Font_of_knowledge
24-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Given Burnleys near promotion at Charlton today,was an 1800 following really has amazing as the internet clarets fans are saying ?
I reckon we will have 1,000 going to charlton on the last away game even with us having f / all to play for..light the blue touch paper ;D

To be fair, Burnley had around 1,000 there last season when we had nothing to play for. It's not the easiest place to get to, even on the train there's a little messing about, and it's a few hours away so if you have 1,000 there then fair play - last away games usually get a few more anyway.

Almost 2,000 is a good crowd down there for us, and it was one of the best away atmospheres I've been in from a 'supporting your own club' point of view. No pish taking of Charlton's predicament and barely a mention of Rovers either. A few mates wanted to go but didn't have the finance until this week, like a lot of others I'm sure. I bet your support is affected by salary pa

M14VAY
26-03-2014, 08:05 AM
The subject may need changing or a new one starting asking can burnley win the league?

In fact il ask it.