PDA

View Full Version : Well done Burnley and your next mission is...

test
10-03-2014, 07:51 PM
To win the Premier League and a major cup, oh and don't forget to build a decent ground and appear in Europe. Good luck in your mission.:D

seventwo
10-03-2014, 07:56 PM
[quote="test"]Find a very generous rich benefactor. To win the Premier League and a major cup, oh and don't forget to build a decent ground and appear in Europe. Good luck in your mission.:D[/quote

Fixed it for you

Mature_claret
10-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I think your comment could be included in the Collins English Dictionary under the heading, 'sour grapes.'

test
10-03-2014, 08:10 PM
I think your comment could be included in the Collins English Dictionary under the heading, 'sour grapes.'

Nothing of the sort, I congratulated you in the thread title so no sour grapes from me, I have had to take a lot of stick from you lot so do you expect me to lie own and take it? I am merely pointing out our achievements pre Venky , sour grapes have been your domain for a very long time. Good luck in matching us and enjoy your moment in the sun.:D

turnpikeclaret
10-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Feel sorry for you, obviously very bitter. Do you not have a friend you could talk to. Better to get it off your chest and not let it fester.

Mature_claret
10-03-2014, 08:41 PM
You crack me up :D

Jakubclaret
10-03-2014, 08:45 PM
The board will have to spend & we need fortune it will also help if dyche doesn't jump ship halfway thru to another team like Bolton. The board should insert a clause in the contract to ensure history doesn't repeat itself. As a lifelong BFC supporter I do fear if promotion happens which is looking likely because in my view we are not ready & will have to spend even keeping the nucleus together need Lady Luck. I'm on a budget so nxt season will just do home can't afford prem away prices.

test
10-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Feel sorry for you, obviously very bitter. Do you not have a friend you could talk to. Better to get it off your chest and not let it fester.

Nothing of the sort, I actually watched the match with a Burnley fan, no issues with us. It's only a football match after all so let's not over react.:D

champs95
10-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Just ask these lads why they haven't been on before testy?

One even says the very words 'sour grapes' XD
A claret on his 1st appearance on Roversmad who didn't have the *******s to come on before now.

Didn't see you on here after any of our wins? Funny that...some could even say ...sour grapes? ;D

BlueANwhite
10-03-2014, 10:28 PM
UK Bitterness league table

1 Scotland

2 Burnley

Seriously you lot have been practically praying all season for us to go into administration and be kicked out of the football league

blueandwhitehalves1
10-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Well said Test, they don't like being reminded about the things we've achieved and they never will.

Its all well and good applying the logic of "we don't care about 35 years, we're getting promoted".

But come back with "we don't care about you getting promoted, we've won 2 major domestic trophies in recent years", and suddenly its put your fingers in your ears time and repeat sour grapes until the Rovers fans stop talking.

alfinyalcabo
10-03-2014, 10:52 PM
To win the Premier League and a major cup, oh and don't forget to build a decent ground and appear in Europe. Good luck in your mission.:D

Cheers Test.. XD

test
10-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Predictable Dingle posts and let's face it, they have had not much to crow about for thirty odd years so let them have a brief moment of joy, I can take it because I have had this period of dominance to remember.
However it has to be said that beating Burnley pales into insignificance when compared to our trophy wins and defeats of the top clubs of this nation home and away.
We all know that the Dingles will never match our achievements and their moment of superiority is just that, a moment.
When their is etched on the Premier League Trophy I will eat my liver.

M14VAY
11-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Yes instead of going back 35 years you can now just go back 19 years... how about talking about the present for a change? You are sounding like the liverpool, leeds and forest fans although they have slightly more than a one off lucky win in a decade or 2. You have West Ham and a rich supporter for your acheivmenT.
if you are wanting to live in your past glory.. snigger glory haha go back 4 years or so and relive your last victory over your little club neighbours.

LincolnClaret
11-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Your Premier League title will be the last to be won by a lesser club that's for sure. You were the first club to buy the title so blatantly, and in doing so you started something that can never be reversed and has without doubt changed the face of English football forever.

Now all we can hope for (and I do mean we as in Burnley and Rovers) is lower end Premier League survival, with maybe the odd flirt with mid-table as per Swansea last year.

On the whole though, the top 7 in English football will not change... well not unless another cash rich owner decides to pay silly amounts of money for every single player in their squad.

So well done for your successes of the past, I hope they keep you warm at night. It's such a shame that ironically they set the wheels in motion to see that you'll never have the same kind of success ever again.

Despair
11-03-2014, 09:41 AM
This is not a dig at you personally in any way whatsoever.
But;

Anyone that truly believes that 'little' BRFC changed the entire face of football in England back in '95' is truly tunnel visioned (along the M65 that is).
You honestly believe that BRFC 'influenced' the creation of Sky's Premier League creation???
You honestly believe that BRFC influenced many of the worlds richest people to 'get involved???
You honestly believe that the strategy of producing an elite tier of English football clubs was fashioned courtesy of one local well too do businessman from E Lancs???

If the answer is yes to all of the above then your view of the 'world' must be very small indeed.

:? :? :?

champs95
11-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Burnley are where they are now as they have been blessed with luck ie injuries.
They arent a bad side, and they have found for this one season a game plan that gets them a few points.
If they hadnt been so lucky with injuries, they would be sat where we are.

Let them all get very excited, as I can feel an Owen Coyle coming all day long.

duncandisorderley
11-03-2014, 12:29 PM
as I can feel Owen Coyle coming all day long.

Too much information there Chumps :D

champs95
11-03-2014, 12:49 PM
as I can feel Owen Coyle coming all day long.

Too much information there Chumps :D[/quote]

;D ;D for you shirt lifters that one :D
I knew I was right to keep my Owen Coyle Gimp mask ...oh you banjo strummers are a funny old lot.

Boliclaret
11-03-2014, 01:34 PM
He resembles a horse,
It's starting to make sense now. ;D

champs95
11-03-2014, 01:42 PM
He resembles a horse,
It's starting to make sense now. ;D

He's a fine stallion of a man ;D
Anyway stop horsing around >:(

year_of_the_fox
11-03-2014, 01:46 PM
welcome Rovers to the land of no money!

all the achievements from 95 were based on the money you had to spend from uncy Jack!

We have parted with AŁ750,000 and probably have 5 players earning together what Jordan Rhodes earns per week yet we have proved what a MUCH MUCH better side we are this season.

get over it, and welcome to FFP!!!

oswaldtwistleclaret
11-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Am I missing the point here? But have we not won the top division,won the fa cup and played in Europe fairly sure before u did?

Stan_van_nel
11-03-2014, 08:22 PM
On BRFCs they've gone back to wanting the Venkys out.

On here they've started reminding Burnley fans of their past pots which they've won.

B) - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ChoM2Rh60)

blueandwhitehalves1
11-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Well someone needs to remind you. This boasting about getting promoted from the Championship like its the ultimate achievement of mankind, to be gloried in for eternity and a feat that will mark Burnley as untouchable by all rivals, is getting a bit much.

Are we supposed to be massively jealous or something? In the post-Walker years we've won the League Cup, qualified for Europe 4 times, been one of the top 10 teams in the country 5 times and finished 4 points behind Arsenal and the Champions League one season. And done all that with a money trickle of about A?3m a season from the trust.

So to all who've mentioned it in this thread, we didn't achieve far more than Burnley ever will on a fatcats tens of millions. We achieved far more than Burnley ever will on the type of money that pushed our gates up to about a Norwich/Stoke.

Basically you've got a hell of a way to go before we start turning green and crying into our beer.

BOYSIE31
12-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Its called history and every club even Stanley have it so get over it.
UTC

seventwo
12-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Its called history and every club even Stanley have it so get over it.
UTC

Quite true.

Some of our lot just can't take it.

Burnley have become one of the best run clubs in English football and that's something that is history for us.

Good luck until next time

claret1978
12-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Well said lincon. blackburn was the first team to buy it, many have followed. but have gone now, just like leeds/forrest. we have done it without buying it, lets do it again.

MillHillRover
12-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Well said lincon. blackburn was the first team to buy it, many have followed. but have gone now, just like leeds/forrest. we have done it without buying it, lets do it again.

Im sorry have I missed something here ? "Blackburn were the first to buy it"...buy what the 2nd Div play offs ? we spent nowt in real terms to get out of the old 2nd Div.

When you say "lets do it again" if you honestly think you can win the prem without barrow loads of cash then you are seriously deluded

test
12-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Total tosh chum, many a club tried to buy it and failed, we succeeded so suck on that when your arse gets kicked week in week out next season.:D

evergreen54
13-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Our next mission is to manage our club within it's means, run by responsible, credible people and not sell our history and heritage down the river to the first foreign mercenaries that know nothing about football.

Matching your achievements, don't make me laugh... are you one of those that think footy started when king Kenny took over my god do me a favour ...in recent history we've both a title each and you scabbed a league cup win... shoite return for Jacks millions... oh and you embarrassed the champions league with the two children Le Saux and Batty fighting on the pitch

When we last won the title in 1960 only two of the team cost a fee, not bought like your lot, we reached the 1/4 finals of both the European and fairs cup and the without the backing of a benefactor, while you lot were languishing in the old 2nd and 3 divisions...

We redeveloped two sides of the ground over 40 years ago for the right reasons for the safety of fans as the old wooden stands were a potential tin

AucklandRover
13-03-2014, 12:40 AM
[quote="evergreen54"]Our next mission is to manage our club within it's means, run by responsible, credible people and not sell our history and heritage down the river to the first foreign mercenaries that know nothing about football.

Matching your achievements, don't make me laugh... are you one of those that think footy started when king Kenny took over my god do me a favour ...in recent history we've both a title each and you scabbed a league cup win... shoite return for Jacks millions... oh and you embarrassed the champions league with the two children Le Saux and Batty fighting on the pitch

When we last won the title in 1960 only two of the team cost a fee, not bought like your lot, we reached the 1/4 finals of both the European and fairs cup and the without the backing of a benefactor, while you lot were languishing in the old 2nd and 3 divisions...

We redeveloped two sides of the ground over 40 years ago for the right reasons for the safety of f

robinrover
13-03-2014, 06:48 AM
Well done auks beautifully put
I just hope there is a line drawn under this

congratulations on pretty much seeling promotion and ending the wait to beat us
but raking up the past with jacks riches just shows that you still harbour deep resentment.
What we did and achieved can never be taken away it's what we do know that counts.

butterflyvenom
16-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Please !! just don't.
As rovers fans you might feel entitled to gloat, but that is wrong. Your tawdry club was grubbing around until some benefactor in the guise of a local steel magnate poured in millions and millions of pounds.Until that point, your club was a badly run hovel to say the least.
Latterly, the club has been ran by owners that you supposedly detest, but are seemingly okay when the going looks good. Your finances are in disarray, your fan base is fickle personified.
Local press have jumped on the manager sacking debacle, as have ex players who also remain tight lipped when money grubbers like Rhodes decides it's timely to earn his corn (a pun intended) Any sense of tradition and dignity has long gone. Meanwhile, back at the Turf, we have amassed a phenommenal points tally, leaving you in our wake. We are poised to go back up as you are destined for mediocrity and moaning.
Cling to your 35 years theme, it is as hollow and redundant as your petty minded supporters. Burnle

AucklandRover
16-03-2014, 11:52 PM
[quote="butterflyvenom"]Please !! just don't.
As rovers fans you might feel entitled to gloat, but that is wrong. Your tawdry club was grubbing around until some benefactor in the guise of a local steel magnate poured in millions and millions of pounds.Until that point, your club was a badly run hovel to say the least.
Latterly, the club has been ran by owners that you supposedly detest, but are seemingly okay when the going looks good. Your finances are in disarray, your fan base is fickle personified.
Local press have jumped on the manager sacking debacle, as have ex players who also remain tight lipped when money grubbers like Rhodes decides it's timely to earn his corn (a pun intended) Any sense of tradition and dignity has long gone. Meanwhile, back at the Turf, we have amassed a phenommenal points tally, leaving you in our wake. We are poised to go back up as you are destined for mediocrity and moaning.
Cling to your 35 years theme, it is as hollow a

butterflyvenom
16-03-2014, 11:58 PM
If it 's conker attributes you're looking for, then I would suggest Sean Dyche. You seem to be beaten all ends up Auckland.

champs95
17-03-2014, 09:10 AM
If it 's conker attributes you're looking for, then I would suggest Sean Dyche. You seem to be beaten all ends up Auckland.

I have heard all this before and know how it ends. Owen Coyle. ;D
Which club will Dyche leave to go and manage? Newcastle? Too big?

Then your back after a very brief flirtation of being okay, to being crap.
Please continue to get very excited, as it won't be lasting.

champs95
17-03-2014, 04:35 PM
[quote="butterflyvenom"]Please !! just don't.
Cling to your 35 years theme, it is as hollow a

ColinBlacklabel
17-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Someone above posted that Burnley fans are predictable - that should be the definition in the Oxford English Dictionary for the word 'irony'.

Irony: A Blackburn Rovers fan calling a Burnley fan predictable :D

You as fans are the king of predictability. No other club comes close. In fact, you're Champions League winners!

History is just that - history. What's happened in the past has been and gone. It's all about the direction both clubs are going and I know which one has the brighter future. Sean Dyche may well leave Burnley, but it'll be after he's saved us from Premier League relegation and aided us to become a settled Premier League outfit.

MillHillRover
17-03-2014, 05:26 PM
History is just that - history. What's happened in the past has been and gone. It's all about the direction both clubs are going and I know which one has the brighter future. Sean Dyche may well leave Burnley, but it'll be after he's saved us from Premier League relegation and aided us to become a settled Premier League outfit.

OH WOW!!! what have we here is ColinBlacklabel a time traveller or a soothsayer ? he seems to know a lot about the future, BTW History is taught in our schools and universities so it must have some value to society and for you to just poo poo it like that means by your own definition that your win against us last week is meaningless it's happened so it's history eh...yeh right I bet everybody in Burnley would agree with that.

champs95
17-03-2014, 06:09 PM
Someone above posted that Burnley fans are predictable - that should be the definition in the Oxford English Dictionary for the word 'irony'.

Irony: A Blackburn Rovers fan calling a Burnley fan predictable :D

You as fans are the king of predictability. No other club comes close. In fact, you're Champions League winners!

Owen Coyle - Sean Dyche

we all know how this ends. :D

You have to love this lads Milly. Check this one out -

Joined 2014

The other muppet - joined march 14 XD XD XD XD

They choose their moments this lot don't they?
Funny, this is another lad we have never heard of duri

bfc1983
17-03-2014, 08:14 PM
'Owen Coyle - Sean Dyche

we all know how this ends. :D'

Of course we know how this will end. SD is currently one of the best young managers in the country. Promoted or not he will be very sought after. That's what happens to nearly every club outside the big 6. You could say its the price of success. Do you think blackburn could hold on to Bowyer if he got you auto promotion? I very much doubt it.

'They choose their moments this lot don't they?
Funny, this is another lad we have never heard of during all the defeats, all the success.'

Should we just stay quiet and not say a word after 30 odd years of you lot giving it the big I am? Do we have to have come on here and been gracious in defeat 1st? Its called banter. If we cant give some back after all these years then when can we?

champs95
17-03-2014, 08:30 PM
'Owen Coyle - Sean Dyche

we all know how this ends. :D'

Of course we know how this will end. SD is currently one of the best young managers in the country. Promoted or not he will be very sought after. That's what happens to nearly every club outside the big 6. You could say its the price of success. Do you think blackburn could hold on to Bowyer if he got you auto promotion? I very much doubt it.

'They choose their moments this lot don't they?
Funny, this is another lad we have never heard of during all the defeats, all the success.'

Should we just stay quiet and not say a word after 30 odd years of you lot giving it the big I am? Do we have to have come on here and been gracious in defeat 1st? Its called banter. If we cant give some back after all these years then when can we?

Banter is fine. If you'd posted here more than 15 times in 13 years you would've gotten just that. Banter. We get a lot of regular Clarets on here, a

bfc1983
17-03-2014, 09:07 PM
I bet its quite easy to wish us well after being on top for 35 years. If we stay unbeaten to you for another 20 years then beat you 5-0 on the way to a promotion there wont be many wishing us well then. In the meantime we are gonna win the prem and you will win your last game of the season to stay in the football league.

Even on that day there was gloating from your lot.

All I'm saying is a lot of these lads have never seen us beat you. If they are like me and had stick after stick from blackburn fans with nothing to throw back (until now). Its not surprising some are on here giving a bit back.

I just hope it gets back to a normal derby now. Like we both have with Preston. Its all got a bit serious to be honest. Hopefully now we are playing each other more often and the hoodoo has gone it might happen.

champs95
17-03-2014, 09:42 PM
I bet its quite easy to wish us well after being on top for 35 years. If we stay unbeaten to you for another 20 years then beat you 5-0 on the way to a promotion there wont be many wishing us well then. In the meantime we are gonna win the prem and you will win your last game of the season to stay in the football league.

Even on that day there was gloating from your lot.

All I'm saying is a lot of these lads have never seen us beat you. If they are like me and had stick after stick from blackburn fans with nothing to throw back (until now). Its not surprising some are on here giving a bit back.

I just hope it gets back to a normal derby now. Like we both have with Preston. Its all got a bit serious to be honest. Hopefully now we are playing each other more often and the hoodoo has gone it might happen.

Fair points, well made.
Equally, someone like me (37) hasn't seen a Burnley side beat us in a lifetime. For you to win one game,

bfc1983
17-03-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm not writing off your successes. Winning the prem among those big clubs was some achievement, even with Walkers money. I don't think a town club will ever win it again.

I'm not being naive. I know we would really struggle if we get promoted. Keeping Dyche would be a good start but who knows whats gonna happen there. To be fair we just need the money but lets get promoted 1st.

As for blackburn... suppose it all depends on FFP for you. There's talk of changing the rules now so that could be good news. Also venkys... not gonna get started there.

i do think Bowyer is not the man to take you forward tho. Time to get a experienced man in and stick by him. Maybe take a leaf out of Burnley's book and get a tight small squad together who will play their hearts out for each other.

claret1978
18-03-2014, 07:45 PM
Truth is that you lot boast about 35yrs.champs never seen a loss, i was one. but you seem to forget the years we were not in same div. we have played 11 times and granted that is to many, how many have we drawn?
Now the coin has fliped. swings n roundabouts!

AucklandRover
18-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Truth is that you lot boast about 35yrs.champs never seen a loss, i was one. but you seem to forget the years we were not in same div. we have played 11 times and granted that is to many, how many have we drawn?

Claret1978 - the truth is (and we all know it), there is some validity in both ways of interpreting the 35 years business.
Either way, the whole thing is a pain in the arse for people like me who support Rovers, but don't give a toss for the whole local rivalry thing.
These topics come up time and time again, and then seem to roll on well past their sell-by date.
Any thread involving Burnley runs up a high score in terms of posts, while genuine BRFC topics struggle to get to double figures. That's not YOUR fault, obviously, but it does irritate me.
As for the regular excuse that it's all "good, fun banter"...well, I find it about as amusing as "The Collected Thoughts Of Micha

champs95
19-03-2014, 12:40 AM

I said the games with Burnley where inconsequential, in short I couldn't care less about 35 years. We went in opposite directions for a long time. For many seasons we played in the Prem, fought out league titles, lost one narrowly, won another, played in Europe, more than once. Go to numerous semi finals of FA & league cups. Winning a league cup. Accepting relegation, winning promotion. The odd game, in the odd season out of 10 or 15 against Burnley was a distraction for that week. Then back to trying to cause damage to the best and biggest sides in the country, not turning up for one season, losing 5-0 and fkng off home (although that did happen over the years)

But that's

tonymorleysbaldhead
19-03-2014, 07:58 AM
'Some take their children to derby games, and stand as grown men and sing gleefully about a chairman of a rival club dying on the board room floor'.

I agree, its wrong (I don't personally join in) - but unfortunately it happens at football matches, and everybody gets 'tarred with the same brush'.

A bit like when Bburn fans sang about Ben Lee, the young Burnley player who fell to his death in the nineties.

We have listened constantly over the years to the ridiculous 'ya mams ya dad' chant.
That we are 'interbred' or something.
That we share an intimate relationship with our sisters, etc.
That we have a strange number of digits on each hand.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
But all that's just banter, right ?

At the end of day, there are far more important things in life to worry about.

champs95
19-03-2014, 10:56 AM
'Some take their children to derby games, and stand as grown men and sing gleefully about a chairman of a rival club dying on the board room floor'.

I agree, its wrong (I don't personally join in) - but unfortunately it happens at football matches, and everybody gets 'tarred with the same brush'.

A bit like when Bburn fans sang about Ben Lee, the young Burnley player who fell to his death in the nineties.

We have listened constantly over the years to the ridiculous 'ya mams ya dad' chant.
That we are 'interbred' or something.
That we share an intimate relationship with our sisters, etc.
That we have a strange number of digits on each hand.
I could go on, but you get the idea.
But all that's just banter, right ?

At the end of day, there are far more important things in life to worry about.

All I know is, when I'm called a horse fiddler, I get very vey angry!!! ;D
I think some of the stuff is so stupid, it's funny.

tonymorleysbaldhead
19-03-2014, 12:48 PM
'Young Ben Lee - the youth team player who went up on the roof to fetch the balls and sadly fell to his death. That was awful. As we never played you in the 90's, it most certainly was never sang at home matches at Ewood, when we weren't playing you. No nay never was, a song about young Ben was certainly not. I went to both league games in 2000 home & away, and didn't hear being sand about?'

Champs - we could bat this back and forth, but it was sung - the Lancs Telegraph at the time even highlighted it - I accept not by many maybe, but as I said earlier, we all get tarred with same brush. I dont really see what the difference is whoever passes away ? its all distasteful (Munich chant at United - waving Turkish flags at Leeds, etc).

Unfortunately, morons will always chant these things - if it had been the other way round - and Walker (who I've nowt against, by the way - he did something amazing for his hometown club) had ploughed money into us, and we'd won the league, etc, whilst you

champs95
19-03-2014, 01:45 PM
[quote="tonymorleysbaldhead"]'Young Ben Lee - the youth team player who went up on the roof to fetch the balls and sadly fell to his death. That was awful. As we never played you in the 90's, it most certainly was never sang at home matches at Ewood, when we weren't playing you. No nay never was, a song about young Ben was certainly not. I went to both league games in 2000 home & away, and didn't hear being sand about?'

Champs - we could bat this back and forth, but it was sung - the Lancs Telegraph at the time even highlighted it - I accept not by many maybe, but as I said earlier, we all get tarred with same brush. I dont really see what the difference is whoever passes away ? its all distasteful (Munich chant at United - waving Turkish flags at Leeds, etc).

Unfortunately, morons will always chant these things - if it had been the other way round - and Walker (who I've nowt against, by the way - he did something amazing for his hometown club) had ploughe