PDA

View Full Version : I listen...

redgreggie
11-03-2014, 10:32 AM
I listen to 5 live a lot, too much news...every half hour, is this just to keep people employed?????

at the end of the news they give a travel bulletin, traffic jams and such like...

quite often they refer to...'a broken down vehicle'...I keep meaning to ring in one day and ask them if it's a manky brown coloured Austin Maxi, it was the first car I had and it really was a sad little bu gger way back then.

hmm, I wonder.

ray...in Batley.

aussieowl
25-03-2014, 02:43 AM
My first car was a 1968 Cortina Mk II, my second was 69 Mk II & the third was a 1970 Mk II 1600E...I guess I liked Cortinas, the 1600E was a bit special.

I got stopped at least twice a week in it..."Is this your car son"...yes officer, you stopped me two nights ago & asked me the same question...then over the radio it went...Romeo Echo Echo, 9 0 3 Hotel...I'll never forget that number plate.

redgreggie
25-03-2014, 10:46 AM
aussie...I have a brilliant one linked to my, and it's true, I always say that to make things up you need a fantastic imagination, I find it more natural just to say what really happened...often reality is much more amusing...

My surname is Gee...that's highly relevant to this tale...

I use to own a Skoda, in the days before Skodas became a decent car, I was never a car person, it was there to get me around nothing more.

I use to visit my sister in Sheffield, from Batley, my sister being one of these that seemed to think if you bought a new house you was going above yourself, she always seemed a bit jealous if you had something better than her, whereas possessions don't mean a lot to me...anyway I got rid of the Skoda and got a Ford Sierra, much, much better.

I was going down to Sheffield a few weeks later to see my sister, I knew what her thinking would be...

the registration of this car (and I still have the old tax disc in my wallet) was F565 AUG.

So, I turned up at Halfw