PDA

View Full Version : McCann out for season

mightytics
11-03-2014, 02:23 PM
This is a big loss to us he`s been on top form.. :( - view external link (http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/14-03-11-chris-mccann-injury-confirmed-1413006.aspx)

SwinleyLatic
11-03-2014, 04:23 PM
During the Coyle reign I thought McCann was complete garbage and I said so on here but over the past 2/3 months he's redeemed himself and been one of our most consistent performers. Perhaps it was a fitness thing, I don't know.

He was superb in the first half against City and we're really going to miss him.

As both Tunnicliffe and Waghorn are cup-tied it might be an opportunity for Roger to step up to the plate at Wembley.

Webbs21
11-03-2014, 10:09 PM
It's definitely bad news for us and the lad, but there still seems to be plenty of cover in our squad. The first choice three would be: McArthur, McEacheran, and Gomez, at least as far as the FA Cup is concerned. Plus we have the likes of Roger, Powell, and fingers crossed we will see something of Maloney in not too long.

mightytics
12-03-2014, 08:48 AM
I read an article and was surprised to read UR saying we were short in centre midfield .. we have more than enough quality to cope in this league..
Get Jordi signed up he is another that is blossoming under UR .

SwinleyLatic
12-03-2014, 11:14 AM
I read an article and was surprised to read UR saying we were short in centre midfield .. we have more than enough quality to cope in this league..
Get Jordi signed up he is another that is blossoming under UR .

I agree, Jordi's been immense too.
It's got to have been a lack of fitness for them all. They're now running around like 2 year olds chasing the ball.

camltoe
16-03-2014, 12:29 AM
During the Coyle reign I thought McCann was complete garbage and I said so on here but over the past 2/3 months he's redeemed himself and been one of our most consistent performers. Perhaps it was a fitness thing, I don't know.

Same here. I slated him and a few others under Coyles tenure, only for them to show me up as a clueless ****** once Rosler had got them upto full fitness and given them acual roles to play on the pitch. Ended up in what I would call my starting 11 until his injury. Not 100%, but think he had a bad injury in his Burnley career too.

claret1978
16-03-2014, 07:31 PM
wish we could have him & eagles back!