PDA

View Full Version : Bolton v Derby match thread

leebwfc
11-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Thought Id kick us off for the evening.

2 changes to the side for tonight?

My thoughts are that if DF has seen something in Derby and made a plan with this line up then its good, shows he is thinking and we have a proper plan by bringing in Moritz and Hutton...

Or he is fkin about dropping Mason like he did with Beckford when he was firing and has no clear plan and has just basically bottled it by not going again with 2 up and taking the game to the oppo.

Suppose we will know which in an hour or 2

leebwfc
11-03-2014, 07:49 PM
And we're underway!

Looks like I've started a killer of a thread here aint I? ;D

JimmyJazz64
11-03-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm on it lee!!!

Massively jet-lagged and thought my mind was playin tricks on me when I saw the team.

Yep, agree with you - he's either seen something about Derby or he's completely fked up!!

leebwfc
11-03-2014, 08:04 PM
Sounds like we have been under the cosh so far!

Be good if we could hold on for half time, then hopefully press more in the second half, wear them out and grab a winner

JimmyJazz64
11-03-2014, 08:21 PM
They've got too much possession for my liking

Easy to say sat at home but are we just sitting back and hoping to hit them on the break? Dangerous game if so

leebwfc
11-03-2014, 08:28 PM
yep not good, sounds like we have had a t******g so far, holding out though.

Just waiting for the usual form of let one in and then collapse quicker than Englands batting lineup. Hope Im wrong, come on you white men!!

JimmyJazz64
11-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Sounds like he needs to change to 4-4-2 pretty quickly

leebwfc
11-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Looks like the Moritz plan didnt work out, least he has the balls to change it, trotter on for the trotters!!!

JimmyJazz64
11-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Sounds like an injury.

Don't quite get bringing Chungy on for Davies. Why not Mason?

Sounds like Knight's having a good game as is the defence so why not go for it?

leebwfc
11-03-2014, 09:41 PM
well suppose in the grand scheme of things, not a bad point

And another clean sheet, not bad at all against Derby

JimmyJazz64
11-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Well I'll take it as a positive that we've drawn away at one of the top teams and kept a clean sheet.

Might have won if we'd gone 4-4-2 but might also have been overrun in midfield and been turned over horribly.

On a decent run so we need to win on saturday to keep the momentum going

donboy
12-03-2014, 12:32 AM
Sorry but this isn't a positive for me. I'm ****ing sick of Duggie's attitude.The bloke has no football soul. After being on such a run and looking so good he reverts to type and parks the bus. We aren't going to go down,we've been playing good,attractive positive football and reaping the benefits with some fabulous results. What's the ****ing point of tonight? Why not carry it on and have a go at Derby. The bloke's a complete tinkering and tactical meglomaniac who's completely up his own arse. I've had a few sherberts and on the face of it a 0-0 draw at Derby is a fair result but I'm just sick of Duggie's over cautios and negative approach to things. Really can't see me shelling out for a season ticket next season to watch Duggie's self indulgent experiments. - view external link (he)

bwfcforever
12-03-2014, 12:55 AM
well , i am happy to take a point :-)

lord_hooray
12-03-2014, 01:33 PM
I agree with Don,we had 30 per cent possession, he will think this is a good result, I don't, we should be looking to win these kind of games,Derby are completely out of sorts, Millwall beat them on Saturday, very disappointing , he sucked the life out of this game before it started

leebwfc
12-03-2014, 04:11 PM
I agree to a point that it was not very adventurous but we would have been battered in that game a month or 2 back so I can see the positives of at the minute being able to go and get a point at Derby after winning 3 on the spin.

I would however agree that at the minute we are not in dire need of points so we might as well go and have a go at everybody and at least try to get a play off place even if thats highly unlikely.

Ill give him the benefit of the doubt IF some of that was planning tactically for next season for the matches away at better sides when a point would be good and using more attacking style against the teams we expect to beat.

After the **** we have watched so far this year I defo feel a bit better this last month the way we are getting results.

nvent
12-03-2014, 06:41 PM
I agree with most that a point at derby is not to be sniffed at. What bothers me is that after the great results achieved by playing on the front foot, he once again reverts to type. He is likely to do the same at the weekend and we will end up with 90 mins of dross.

campo21
12-03-2014, 07:57 PM
I suppose it doesn't matter how Freedman sets the team up now we are stuck with him until his contract expires!

JimmyJazz64
13-03-2014, 07:24 PM
At last campo, you understand the situation that we are in ;D

campo21
13-03-2014, 07:36 PM
At last campo, you understand the situation that we are in ;D

I've always known the situation jimmy.;D

JimmyJazz64
14-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Now looks like the 4-5-1 was forced on him with Mason unwell and Beckford injured