PDA

View Full Version : Time to be positive

One_Dean_Ashton
12-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Ok, before I start, I will acknowledge a few facts:

1. Last night was disappointing - especially with how close we were to a ***** 3 points
2. It's been a really disappointing season. Made more disappointing by the fact that (before Cornwall), no one saw it coming
3. We were particularly poor in the first half of the season... One of the worst few months we have endured as Crewe fans
4. The results since the Port Vale game have been disappointing.
5. Steve has made some errors this year, particularly with his pre-season signings

However, even acknowledging all of the above, some of the negative views on here are over the top at very best. Interestingly, when our form went on an upward turn, the frequent negative posters went noticeably quiet. Now that we haven't won for a few games (3 out of 4 games against teams in and around play-off positions), said posters seem to have taken great pleasure in airing 'I told you so type views'.

The next 2 months are *****. There is still nearly a

AlexLeicester
12-03-2014, 09:05 AM
You obviously weren't with us last night ODA. The positive vibe among the Alex fans was electric - as well as being a little too noisy and sometimes vehement for my tender ears X-D. OK, there were some grumbles and negatives, but these were confined to conversations.
Yet again, the Alex fans stayed behind to applaud SD and the team. If we do go down it will not be the fault of the 'Travelling Alex'. From what I have seen this season they have, by and large, been true ambassadors for the club.

And if you want positives out on the pitch just read out thes of the individuals who were on that surprisingly green and healthy turf.

I do, however, agree with you. :-D

One_Dean_Ashton
12-03-2014, 09:25 AM
No I couldn't get there last night as I am away working in Durham. However, I believe the supporters were there in numbers and it sounded great on the radio. Well done to all those that went.

More in reference to what gets posted on here. All for opinions (you and I have disagreed in the past AL), but I am led to believe that this board gets read by players and management. They need to know that we are behind them.

AlexonTour
12-03-2014, 01:06 PM
When you consider that we got beat comprehensively at home by Walsall, , although very disappointing to concede in inury time, our performances, team spirit have certainly improved from those inept and gutless performance which plagued the early season.

That has to give us all hope.

Alex_Crew
12-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Good post ODA. Oldham & Notts are definitely winnable, Gills seem to have turned a corner, but Coventry aren't anything to be scared of.

Keep the faith B)

alexmick
12-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Under the circumstances I reckon the majority of us on here are being pretty positive with just 10 games remaining. My concern right now is our reliance on one player to score the majority of the goals (in fact, he is scoring nearly all of them at present). I just hope that Chucks does not get an injury or a 3 match ban, because he is the reason why we are not down and out right now. We need others to step up to the plate in our quest for goals.

TwiceInABlueMoon
12-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Second what ODA has to say about the support. Sounded fantastic over the radio last night. Yet another reason to bunch together at away games (unlike Stevenage for example); always creates a better atmosphere!

Keep the faith, ladies and gents. The lads need us more then ever at the minute!

NEVTHEDEV
12-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Now is the time to be counted,everyone on Saturday should be more vocal,main stand as well.
Win or lose on Saturday,dont leave the ground early,give the lads a great round of applause,you know I make sense. :D :D

alexmick
12-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Now is the time to be counted,everyone on Saturday should be more vocal,main stand as well.
Win or lose on Saturday,dont leave the ground early,give the lads a great round of applause,you know I make sense. :D :D

I would say that since Xmas, the atmosphere has been excellent in the main stand (apart from the silence for the Brentford game, when we had nothing at all to shout about, they were too good for us). There has been much encouragement shouted out from the stands, spurring the players on, even when the opposition have netted. When the players give their all (which they have in the main since the turn of the year), then the fans reciprocate.

PAULCAFC
12-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Everyone has been saying all this as we run out of games,SD said we had 13 cup finals which is now 10, we've only won 1 of the last 6 games and a continuation of this won't be enough, time for everyone else apart from Chucks to get their fingers out esp the defenders!

somersetcrewe
12-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Everyone has been saying all this as we run out of games

Time to be positive!

grestyraider7
12-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Agree with O.D.A. Walsall last night was my 7th away game this season and apart from the Vale game, the best atmosphere I've experienced with Alex away fans this season-a really loud roar for Chuks goal, and great to see the boys celebrate the goal with us. All Alex fans need to make the effort now to go home and away..15,000 and 10,000 from Wembley shouldn't just turn into 300+ like last night! Dario once said a supporters job is to support.. COYR!!

NEVTHEDEV
13-03-2014, 02:41 AM
Agree with O.D.A. Walsall last night was my 7th away game this season and apart from the Vale game, the best atmosphere I've experienced with Alex away fans this season-a really loud roar for Chuks goal, and great to see the boys celebrate the goal with us. All Alex fans need to make the effort now to go home and away..15,000 and 10,000 from Wembley shouldn't just turn into 300+ like last night! Dario once said a supporters job is to support.. COYR!!
Trouble is Raider,we all hav`nt got Dario`s money.

D4zer
13-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Win on Saturday and positivity floods back in, but we need to sustain it if we're going to get out. Too many times this season we've had a good result and a good performance followed by a loss that saps all positive energy away again.

Adester
13-03-2014, 04:15 PM
[quote="One_Dean_Ashton"]Ok, before I start, I will acknowledge a few facts:

1. We have 3 out of 4 home games against opposition who are down there with us

We still manage to loose at home to really bad teams!

2. We are level on points with a team outside of the relegation zone

But due to our appalling defending we let more goals than any other team! in all leagues!!

3. We are only 5 points away from 14th position!!!

But as we cant seem to stop leaking goals it may as well be 500 points!

4. Chucks is scoring for fun

And we are letting them in for fun, and if they cant score against us, we've now decided to do it for them!

5. Injured players (brad, Evans, Pogba) are fit again

Joy

6. If you transferred our form since the decision was made by police not to charge ANY of our players, across the season, we would not be in the bottom 4.

That's not much use as we are at the wrong end of the season and what counts is where we are now, not where we woul

PAULCAFC
13-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Our pathetic goals against column is worth another point to teams around us.

grestyraider7
13-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Fair point Nev. Attend games where funds allow is what I should have said. How about the Club funding transport for fans to get to One of the remaining away games as a mark of appreciation for their support? mmm... what was that I just saw flying past the window?

One_Dean_Ashton
14-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Our pathetic goals against column is worth another point to teams around us.

Tell you what... You carry on being negative then. You obviously enjoy that more

itwasin
14-03-2014, 11:41 AM
He is not being Negative he is being Realistic,its a FACT what he says

One_Dean_Ashton
14-03-2014, 12:32 PM

If you read my first post, I acknowledge that very fact. The poor goal difference if a result of our woeful first half of the season. I just don't see the point in droaning on about it!

Our goal difference since and including the first Port Vale game is -3. That shows a huge improvement from the first 17/18 games. Where we had a goal difference of -24. Where an improvement like that is shown, I really don't see the point in continuing to point out a problem that EVERYONE acknowledges!

In other words... Change the record!

AlexLeicester
14-03-2014, 01:18 PM
What will make the ultimate difference is mental attitude and based on Stevenage (when we were unlucky), Swindon (when we were fortunate, but nearly won it), and Walsall (where we would have had 3pts but for twist of fate), we have got the right attitude.

It's a trite truism, but survival is down to: 1. the guys on the pitch; 2. SD and his team; and 3. us. Can't control or influence 1 or 2, but as fans we can play our role ... and we will.

COYRs

somersetcrewe
14-03-2014, 01:54 PM
In other words... Change the record!

Now where's that "like it" button again? ;D

There really are some "marriages made in heaven" on this board, one very close to this post!

PAULCAFC
14-03-2014, 03:52 PM

That is correct, it`s a fact esp in football, other teams can count our woeful defensive record as an extra point and will be proven if we finish level on points with anyone!

One_Dean_Ashton
14-03-2014, 09:02 PM

That is correct, it`s a fact esp in football, other teams can count our woeful defensive record as an extra point and will be proven if we finish level on points with anyone![/quote]

:zzz: zzzzzzzz

itwasin
15-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Keep Dreaming!

somersetcrewe
01-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Think it's about time to re-ignite this thread.
If some of you carry on any longer, we'll start to have stewards at the toilet doors dishing out knives!!

All that said, I do realise we are fast approaching crunch point. The phrase "must-win-game" is banded about too often. I never saw the Oldham game that way, nor Notts County or Coventry - BUT if the Vale do the bizz tonight, then Creepy will definitely qualify for the tag "in freefall". And I for one will see Saturday as a GREAT opportunity to get back on track. I may even go so far as to say this one is a "must win"!! ;D

Wouldn't it be great if we could pack the away end for the biggest game yet? Ain't gonna happen but what a Wolves-like lift it would give the lads. Crawley will hardly be there in numbers!

alexmick
01-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Think it's about time to re-ignite this thread.
If some of you carry on any longer, we'll start to have stewards at the toilet doors dishing out knives!!

All that said, I do realise we are fast approaching crunch point. The phrase "must-win-game" is banded about too often. I never saw the Oldham game that way, nor Notts County or Coventry - BUT if the Vale do the bizz tonight, then Creepy will definitely qualify for the tag "in freefall". And I for one will see Saturday as a GREAT opportunity to get back on track. I may even go so far as to say this one is a "must win"!! ;D

Wouldn't it be great if we could pack the away end for the biggest game yet? Ain't gonna happen but what a Wolves-like lift it would give the lads. Crawley will hardly be there in numbers!

You are correct about Crawley. They are having a bad spell of form at present and looking at their run in, they have some tough matches coming up. However, I still re

DGFG
01-04-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm still (cautiously) optimistic - partly because I can't directly influence the results and it must be a miserable experience if you're relentlessly negative.

Agree about the 'must win' games, felt the players got a bit caught up in that on Saturday (what was it Dario used to say: 'great attitude, poor judgement'?) - a little less gung ho after we equalized and we might have had to settle for a draw but we would have ended the day in the same place in the league table as we started.

Easy with hindsight of course - and it's arguably a petty criticism of a great team effort.

somersetcrewe
01-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I don't think everyone is sticking the knife in ...

Sorry, perhaps I was too cryptic!
"dishing out knives" for those who want to slit their wrists!! ;D

One_Dean_Ashton
01-04-2014, 07:09 PM
I'm still (cautiously) optimistic - partly because I can't directly influence the results and it must be a miserable experience if you're relentlessly negative.

Agree about the 'must win' games, felt the players got a bit caught up in that on Saturday (what was it Dario used to say: 'great attitude, poor judgement'?) - a little less gung ho after we equalized and we might have had to settle for a draw but we would have ended the day in the same place in the league table as we started.

Easy with hindsight of course - and it's arguably a petty criticism of a great team effort.

hope the management team aren't labling games 'must win'. It's a tough task picking people up after losing something that you've called a must win game!

I'm still positive, and I don't see the point in harping on about things that we're all fully aware of such as poor signings and goals against. It looks like 4 teams from 6 to me. The two teams out of those six

somersetcrewe
01-04-2014, 09:42 PM
Crawley lost tonight, that's 4 on the bounce!!
They are in freefall. It looks like 4 teams from SEVEN myself! ;D

Saturday may not be a 'must win' but it sure is a biggie!

EDIT: Hang on a minute - make that 4 teams from 9 - Oldham and especially Colchester are far from safe!

alexmick
03-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Thursday night and I am back in positive mode. Once again spirits raised ahead of the Crawley encounter. Whatever happens come what May, there is no way I will be doing any wrist slitting. After all, it is only a game of football and life goes on irrespective of what league we find ourselves in next season.

somersetcrewe
02-05-2014, 09:00 AM
It's time to echo ODA's sentiments once more on the eve of the biggest game of our season.
Yes, I make NO apologies for being on my crusade again.

Another positive - Crewe rarely lose when I visit GR, (I choose my games carefully! ;D).
Ok, avoiding defeat may not be enough - but I think it will.

AlexLeicester
02-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Good and timely bump, Somerset.

Car load from the East Midlands will be vociferous and encouraging as usual.

There is a downside ... the barren spell before the start of next season's campaign. :-D

One_Dean_Ashton
02-05-2014, 09:52 AM
I have a slightly different view on positivity than you Somerset.

At the time of writing, I was getting a bored to death at reading the same posts, by the same posters about things like our goal difference. Our goal difference is a result of our woeful first half of the season - we all know that, but we can't do anything about it! It's gone!

Our goal difference may well be the thing that gets us relegated on Saturday. But win or lose, Saturday evening/Sunday morning (or probably even later when we can be a little less emotive) is the time to do the post mortem. Our goal difference since November is around -4/-5 (maybe not even that bad?), and we have conceeded 1 goal in the last 3 games. We've seen a massive improvement in that area... which is why I didn't see any point in going over it time and time again. It almost presented the feeling that people wanted us to go down so that they could be proved right!

I also don't see people being honest and saying that we will struggle to get

somersetcrewe
02-05-2014, 03:57 PM
I have a slightly different view on positivity than you Somerset.

At the time of writing, I was getting a bored to death at reading the same posts, by the same posters ...

Oh I don't know!
Sounds like our views are identical ;D

somersetcrewe
04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
At the time of writing, I was getting a bored to death at reading the same posts, by the same posters ...

I think we may get a decent break from all that for a few weeks now.
Sack the board? Sack the lot of them? - nonsense!
It would be great, even magnanimous, if some of these came on and admitted they were wrong!

MikeSB
04-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Can anyone suggest had we played like we did yesterday in the last 3 months at home, we would have been in the bottom 5?

We did seem to raise our game against good teams and then seem not be able to against teams around us, Shrews excepted. Nobody can explain why we outplayed Preston yesterday and we were struggling to survive.

Of course its brilliant we stay up and SD can be congratulated for getting the tactics spot on..

But we should not forget why we needed to win our last game though..The problems all just don't disappear in one game and ironic really that as it turned out we didn't actually need to win the game. ;)

AlexLeicester
04-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Let's put yesterday's game in a positive context.
Factors off the field last summer were a hammer blow to the confidence of the whole club, and especially a squad of young players who had been together for a long time, augmented by imports who would struggle to understand that fully. The turnaround was patchy and we were starting from a very lowly position.
Yesterday's victory was not the best football I have seen at Gresty Road this season - some other teams have given us a footballing lesson, but it was exciting. It was a victory that seemed to sum up the support and dedication that fans have shown Steve Davis and the management team unstintingly.

This week our U21 Development Squad ended the season with silverware and a loud and clear message to Academies the length and breadth of England and Wales: We're better than You!

The U18s just missed out, on penalties, against a Championship club; so that message is the same: We're not just good enough; we can be the best!

Is there anoth

MikeSB
04-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Just to add that I was very positive about yesterday's result as one of only three posters that forecast the correct score...Most were negative! ;)

NEVTHEDEV
05-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Just to add that I was very positive about yesterday's result as one of only three posters that forecast the correct score...Most were negative! ;)
Told you I made sense. ;D :D B)