PDA

View Full Version : Leeds in crisis

Rotherhamowl10
12-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Massimo Cellino has told Leeds he won't bankroll them any more after putting in AŁ10 million. He's wanting ownership and the football league are still to approve the sale.

What a difference a few weeks makes for them, wasn't so long ago they were smugly informing us of how they had snatched Wickham from us...good luck paying his wages!

redgreggie
12-03-2014, 01:06 PM
whilst I have no sympathy at all with the position that their club are in you have to feel for their supporters.

something has to be done about the ownership of clubs, the fear is that the F.A. might be tempted to rubber stamp this bloke's offer so as to give the club some stability, and that is worrying.

remember we're up for sale, just who might we attract!

what with all the corruption you hear about, agents, illegal betting and dodgy owners, you'd think that there's people out there just trying by all methods to phuck the game up, how's this all been allowed to happen...

sport, hmmm, don't make me laugh.

glad I'm 65, at least I grew up in an era where crooked goings on, at least, seemed very, very minor.

ray...in Batley.

Rev72
15-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Are we f**k in crisis.

GFH owns us..if the cellino deal falls through they will carry on bankrolling us until they find a suitable buyer.

As for Connor Wickham he couldn't resist the lure of Leeds United (his own words)and as for the good luck paying his wages comment..at least we could afford to pay him unlike some other clubs..not really done much for his career tho has it..playing for 2 very average championship sides who are going nowhere.

I think I would be more concerned about your own club rotherhamowl before you start making smug comments about Leeds.

PeteWaller
09-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Are we f**k in crisis.

GFH owns us..if the cellino deal falls through they will carry on bankrolling us until they find a suitable buyer.

As for Connor Wickham he couldn't resist the lure of Leeds United (his own words)and as for the good luck paying his wages comment..at least we could afford to pay him unlike some other clubs..not really done much for his career tho has it..playing for 2 very average championship sides who are going nowhere.

I think I would be more concerned about your own club rotherhamowl before you start making smug comments about Leeds.

Agree totally, he's just a Scab

Rotherhamowl10
10-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Are we f**k in crisis.

Where are the smug comments Rev?

I was simply pointing out that Leeds were in financial crisis - like everybody in the media was. GFH didn't look like they could bankroll the club when the players were only getting paid half their wages.

The only smugness was from fans of your club giving it the big'un about how he choose you over us, yet that was never the case. He's not go

Rev72
14-04-2014, 10:32 AM
Well if you weren't been smug then you were definitely gloating...or maybe you were just trying to wind the Rev up :O :O :O

Just to put you straight RO CW went back to Sunderland because they had injuries and needed cover for the league cup final.The loan agreement was till the end of season with no recall option,our manager decided to let him go back :? the fact he may not have been paid might have had a bit to do with it anall :O XD XD

Must be great to have a well run club like yours..sticking to what you can afford and managing the finances properly..cant understand why your chairman wants to sell you.

Hopefully our new multi millionaire owner will stick to what he can afford..and of course manage the finances properly..he only earns 200 million a year (after tax :O) so we got to be careful. ;)

hirstyboywonder
14-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Well if you weren't been smug then you were definitely gloating...or maybe you were just trying to wind the Rev up :O :O :O

Just to put you straight RO CW went back to Sunderland because they had injuries and needed cover for the league cup final.The loan agreement was till the end of season with no recall option,our manager decided to let him go back :? the fact he may not have been paid might have had a bit to do with it anall :O XD XD

Must be great to have a well run club like yours..sticking to what you can afford and managing the finances properly..cant understand why your chairman wants to sell you.

Hopefully our new multi millionaire owner will stick to what he can afford..and of course manage the finances properly..he only earns 200 million a year (after tax :O) so we got to be careful. ;)

Hope for you sake he doesn't blow it all on an expensive fish tank for the office!

Rotherhamowl10
14-04-2014, 10:53 AM

Rev, I was simply responding to the amount of Leeds fans who had been gloating about the Wickham deal only a few weeks before.

I've ne

Rev72
14-04-2014, 02:42 PM

Rev, I was simply responding to the amount of Leeds fans who had been gloating abou

Rev72
14-04-2014, 03:10 PM

Hope for you sake he doesn't blow it all on an expensive fish tank for the office!

braggyowl
14-04-2014, 03:36 PM
I wonder just how many of those poor goldfish in the plastic bags with about three inches of water actually made it home from the fair in those days..Mine did, poor bleeder didn't last long after that tho' :(

Always came home with a coconut after that! XD

Rev72
14-04-2014, 07:14 PM
I wonder just how many of those poor goldfish in the plastic bags with about three inches of water actually made it home from the fair in those days..Mine did, poor bleeder didn't last long after that tho' :(

Always came home with a coconut after that! XD

XD XD XD

The 2 tone white & gold ones always has a slightly longer shelf life braggy..the gold ones usually snuffed it before I got home XD XD XD

Hope all is well mate :)

braggyowl
15-04-2014, 05:17 AM
XD XD XD Nice one Rev.

Yeah getting there mate slow but sure..Takes some getting over but time's a bit of a healer pal.

Hope you and yours are ok. :)