PDA

View Full Version : Crewe v Oldham ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

ChalkDust
12-03-2014, 01:17 PM
This Saturday we take on the Latics who in recent week been slowly drifting towards the relegation zone and are just 2 points ahead of the Alex.

This must be one of 5 games we need to win if we are to avoid the drop so it's the proverbial 6 pointer this Saturday.

I will stick my neck and say a 2-1 win with Andke and Pogs.

Alex_Crew
12-03-2014, 01:26 PM
3-1 to the Reds. Davis peno, Pogba & Chuks.

Gobstopper
12-03-2014, 01:27 PM
This is a must win game or relegation beckons I doubt we will go down without a fight so 3-1 to the Alex.

AlexonTour
12-03-2014, 01:30 PM
We are only 2 pts behind them Chalkdust, so this is a massive incentive to go ahead of them and they (deatiled on 51 pts thread) have some big games coming up themselves.

Has to be a win, no other result will do if we have any chance to survive in this league.

Would love a comfortable 4-1 which would help the goal difference, but a feel a very nervy and tense 1-0 win.

ChalkDust
12-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Sorry must of caught the three by mistake while typing away.

Proggs
12-03-2014, 02:10 PM
...and Oldham see it exactly the same (we forget that) and they'll fight.

Lose 1-2

I think we will drop, and perhaps deserve to based on goals against column?

The irony is we have added an "extra" 9 points to this time in first half of season and now we approach the games where we "did well", draws and wins, will we match those results?

If we do, we stay up.

Crawley, Colchester, Preston, Brizzle - do what we did in first half and we're fine (or similar)

Oldham, Coventry, Shrews (draws).

Notts, Wolves, Gills - bonus points?

Can't bemoan bad luck, can't collapse as we did after the goal either. Have to stand up now and be counted - 5 wins or bust!

PAULCAFC
12-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Pretty much agree with Proggs, Oldham will be fighting too y`know! although I predict a draw, 1-1, and i`m not sure we can get the fif**** or so points we need now out of thirty available, hope so but its getting tougher!!

MikeSB
12-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Oldham are on a poor run and so think we will win..I mean we generally beat teams like that don't we? ;)

2-1

itwasin
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
a Rare 0.0 to much at stake

NEVTHEDEV
12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
3-1 win to the Alex,you know I make sense. :D

alexmick
12-03-2014, 08:08 PM
3-1 win to the Alex,you know I make sense. :D

I hope you are correct, Nev, because by golly we need this one.

alexmick
12-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Sheffied beating Carlisle...1-0 at present. We should not be relying on others, but sadly we are. I see Brayford is not playing tonight...must have run himself into the ground on Sunday.

somersetcrewe
12-03-2014, 09:58 PM
Sheffied beating Carlisle...1-0 at present.

And it stayed that way I'm pleased to say!
No harm in calling favours! :D

Did u know, the Blades have not conceded a single goal in the league since a certain 3-0 drubbing on 1st Feb!!
They are on fire!!!

I fancy a comfortable 3-0 win on Saturday against a team who are "weak and need help".

NEVTHEDEV
13-03-2014, 02:56 AM
Sheffied beating Carlisle...1-0 at present.

And it stayed that way I'm pleased to say!
No harm in calling favours! :D

Did u know, the Blades have not conceded a single goal in the league since a certain 3-0 drubbing on 1st Feb!!
They are on fire!!!

I fancy a comfortable 3-0 win on Saturday against a team who are "weak and need help".[/quote]
Just goes to show how Nigel Clough,was embarrassed getting beaten by the Alex,they are now in 10th position and in contention for a playoff place.
I can remember another team very simalar,just can`t think who it was at the moment.(anyone remind me) ;D :D

KennyLuntsFanClub
13-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Crewe Alexandra 5 Oldham Athletic 2

crewedaft
13-03-2014, 09:58 AM
Crewe Alexandra 5 Oldham Athletic 2

LOL - one day that ticket will come in!

I'm going for a 2-2 draw - even though I feel we HAVE to win this one...

alexmick
13-03-2014, 11:25 AM
I know that some on here still are including Crawley in the relegation mix, but on examining the table last night, I would much prefer to be in their position than ours. Four points ahead of us and 5 games in hand. I reckon they will be fine. Gillingham also are now out of the equation, but Coventry are dangerously close to trouble. Just a thought.

D4zer
13-03-2014, 12:43 PM
A win against Oldham and we're up to 39, out of the bottom 4, and only 11 away from the target 50. I predict a nail-biting 2-1 win, Aneke (who else) scoring before they pull one back.

crewebacca
14-03-2014, 07:32 AM
3-0 win, Chucks hat trick! Onwards and upwards no bout adoubt it!!!... erm, this time.:star:

One_Dean_Ashton
14-03-2014, 08:31 AM
2-0 to the Alex. Chucks and Inman

AstonAlex
14-03-2014, 11:33 AM
By most reports we were keeping the Walsall forwards at bay fairly comfortably on Tuesday evening whilst looking moderately threatening ourselves. We really should be able to do that against a struggling Oldham side (by their own manager's admission). Would like to see Harry fit for tomorrow and help us towards a comfortable 3-0 win; if he is absent bang goes the clean sheet as I can't see Duggy and Ellis not being found out at least once.

Must win game that we will win!

alexmick
14-03-2014, 11:45 AM
By most reports we were keeping the Walsall forwards at bay fairly comfortably on Tuesday evening whilst looking moderately threatening ourselves. We really should be able to do that against a struggling Oldham side (by their own manager's admission). Would like to see Harry fit for tomorrow and help us towards a comfortable 3-0 win; if he is absent bang goes the clean sheet as I can't see Duggy and Ellis not being found out at least once.

Is Davis doubtful then?

alexmick
14-03-2014, 04:02 PM

Is Davis doubtful then?[/quote]

Just read on the OS that he has not trained since the Walsall game, as he suffered a knock on the ankle during that one. However, SD will take a look at him after training today. I bet you that he plays tomorrow.

PAULCAFC
16-03-2014, 08:47 PM
Pretty much agree with Proggs, Oldham will be fighting too y`know! although I predict a draw, 1-1, and i`m not sure we can get the fif**** or so points we need now out of thirty available, hope so but its getting tougher!!

Back of the net!