PDA

View Full Version : Not unexpected, but another step towards escape plan

Lichtie36_0
12-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Firstly, I guess I have to say well done to Rangers for clinching the title with 8 games remaining. Managed to keep their off the pitch problems separate to go unbeaten so far this season.

A good night for us. Airdrie could well have sneaked something with a bit of confidence in them, but thankfully that didn't happen.

Also, 3 goals means their goal difference is now equal to ours. Something that could be ***** come the end of the season.

We are still to play them twice, and 4 points would be a solid haul to take from them.

I still think it'll be East Fife in the most trouble, but hopefully we can pip Airdrie (or even the plummeting Brechin) to 8th place.

C'mon the Lichties!

smokie_bacon_crisps
12-03-2014, 10:52 PM
It really is getting to the crunch and I'd like to think that Airdrie will be tired after tonight's game but they probably will be just as pumped up for Saturday as we will be, but hopefully they may show the nerves that crippled East Fife.

Looking at the 8 games left it's simple we just have to win as many as we can as everyone similar run in, although we are the only team who has to play Rangers although I am sure they promised they were going to blood young players after wrapping up the title. One big game will be Airdrie playing East Fife on the 3rd last weekend.

3 points on Saturday and just take one game at a time.

We Can Do it! Smokies and Wine!

Arbroath v Airdrieonians
East Fife V Ayr

Ayr v Arbroath
Dunfermline v East Fife
Aidrieonians v Forfar

Arbroath v Rangers
Forfar v East Fife
Stranraer v Airdrieonians

Stenhousemuir v Arbroath
East Fife v Stranraer
Airdrieonians v Dunfermline

Arbroath v Stranraer
East Fife v Stenhousemuir
Brechin v Airdrieonians

Forfar v Arbroa

ClashCityRocker
13-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Arbroath have been outstanding in their recent matches with the rout of Brechin , followed by the dismantling of East Fife.

If we can win on Saturday, there is a decent chance we could move to being 7th in the league ( depending on results elsewhere ) .

The players have been working really hard and deserve praise for the recent winning run.

If we can get stick into Airdrie on Saturday , force them to make a few mistakes and don't let them settle we can hopefully get a few goals.

A home win and a clean sheet would be brilliant.

C'mon the 'broath.

maroonie
13-03-2014, 09:10 PM
Need to have the same attitude shown in the last 2 games. Start fast and take the game to Airdrie. Bit concerned that with Keddie suspended the boss hasn't moved to bring in a central defender with the last loan deal. No point getting to the season end with a loan deal outstanding, might as well use it now as we seem well covered around the rest of the team. Whatever 11 selected lets make the support our 12th man on Sat. C'mon lichties.