PDA

View Full Version : Played well tonight.

aussieowl
12-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Thought we played well against an in form team away from home, deserved at least a point...not going to get into the ref's performance as I don't want to get banned from footymad...tough game out of the way as far as I'm concerned & with other results going our way no damage done.

PS...the live streaming I've used where possible this season is a bit shaky at times but I just can't listen to radio commentary, does my head in.

boyceeeunderrated
12-03-2014, 10:51 PM
I thought you were very unlucky tonight you played well we were shocking and your fans were superb probably the best i have heard at the dw so far this season. good luck for rest of season.

Rotherhamowl10
13-03-2014, 09:59 AM
We played very well and more than matched a team full of premiership quality. I think their keeper should have seen red for the penalty, he is passed him and I don't think any of the Wigan defenders would have got back to stop Helan tapping it into an empty net.

The referee had a shocker all night, he seemed to give us everything up until after the pen, the home crowed started getting on his back and he gave them everything - including a very dubious penalty at the end.

A good team performance, Best needs to work much harder though. He spent most of the game shaking his head and looking at the ground, yet when he put the effort in he caused problems. Another modern day footballer who believes he shouldn't be playing upfront on his own, maybe he's right, but you owe it to the fans to put the effort in.

As for the fans, a fantastic turnout considering the traffic over the woodhead and M62 - took us three and a half hours to get there. I think just under 2,000 made the trip, which is i

WhoRYa
13-03-2014, 12:02 PM
I was very impressed with Wednesday last night.

True Latics looked shocking at times & whilst some of that can be put down to coming off the back off such a great performance & result on Sunday I think alot of credit needs to go to how Wednesday approached the game.
The defence & midfield hastled & harried all night & never let Latics settle into the game & led to all the rushed & misplaced passes. The 2 guys attacking down Wednesday's left hand side looked impressive going forward too.

Where they fell down was up front coz despite all the above the BBC website stats show just 1 effort on target all night & I'm assuming that was the penalty.

On the subject fo your penalty, having seen it again I have no idea how the ref can justify not sendi Al habsi off. True your guy has knocked it a little bit wider than ideally he would have hoped but had he been able to stay on his feet, then within 1-2 steps he'd have been at the ball & able to knock it (at an angle) into an empty net. No Lati

braggyowl
13-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks for your honesty mate.

Really makes me sick how nothing can be said when a ref has no idea...He was pathetic last night..And when he looks back at the video I hope he's ashamed of what he sees...

It's idiots like this than can cost a club relegation, losing hundreds of thousands of pounds and it's about time something was done about it...

P1ss poor refereeing from a p!ss poor ref, simple as that really..And if you're reading this pal, which I very much doubt, then you ought to take a good look at yourself..You are rubbish at your job and the FA should sack you as my employer would if I performed like that at work! >:(

WhoRYa
13-03-2014, 01:41 PM

Really makes me sick how nothing can be said when a ref has no idea...He was pathetic last night..And when he looks back at the video I hope he's ashamed of what he sees...

It's idiots like this than can cost a club relegation, losing hundreds of thousands of pounds and it's about time something was done about it...

P1ss poor refereeing from a p!ss poor ref, simple as that really..And if you're reading this pal, which I very much doubt, then you ought to take a good look at yourself..You are rubbish at your job and the FA should sack you as my employer would if I performed like that at work! >:(

As a ref myself I have a fiar idea how the system works.
He'll have got assessed last night & I think at that level a DVD of the game is scrutinised afterwards (it definitely is in the top flight) where marks are docked for each incorrect decision made (at my level they don't have a DVD but if you fail to s

Rotherhamowl10
14-03-2014, 09:56 AM

As a ref myself I have a fiar idea how the system works.
He'll have got assessed last night & I think at that level a DVD of the game is scrutinised afterwards (it definitely is in the top flight) where marks are docked for each incorrect decision made (at my leve

WhoRYa
14-03-2014, 01:46 PM
[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]A great summary of the game WhoRYa, and a good insight into the referee system. A mate of mine is a referee, he is currently at county senior level and trying his best to work his way up. He was there Wednesday night and couldn't believe he didn't send the keeper off, but acknowledged his linesman should have done more to help him make that decision.

I met a brother of the ref who refereed the Sheff wed V Leeds game the other year when we drew 1-1 (game with all the trouble) and he told me how little he earned as a championship referee. He was working as a delivery driver to try and earn a bit more money, but I suggested that he is more likely to make mistakes if he has to work all day, and then go and ref a game of that standard.

I don't know if this is the same for all referee's, but the FA need to look at their pay structure. They are just as important as the players, they can sometimes play a big role in the outcome of a match.[

braggyowl
15-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Well that ref today must have been on drugs!

Why the hell he disallowed a perfectly good (well, brilliant) goal from Nuhiu is a total mystery..Yet another very poor decision from the ref!

hirstyboywonder
15-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Well that ref today must have been on drugs!

Why the hell he disallowed a perfectly good (well, brilliant) goal from Nuhiu is a total mystery..Yet another very poor decision from the ref!

Unbelievable decision that one. Only one Brum player made a half hearted appeal for a foul, the rest were trying to pick their chins up off the turf having been played off the park.
It would be nice to hear that he had admitted to the error but he will probably stand by his decision, stating the Nuhiu had fouled the defender. You get more contact in basketball than that.

braggyowl
15-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Disgusting decision...Simple as that really.

Owler
15-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Great performance from Wednesday boys today, Helan, Loovens and Lavery were outstanding.

Great to see Lee and Buxton back in team.

Birmingham were poor and the bottom three still have a chance on that performance.

braggyowl
15-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Agreed mate.

Another few wins and we've cracked it. :)