PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings 12/03/14

Piglet_Phoenix
12-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Pickford - 5 One or two decent saves but could've done better with the goal, horrible distribution. Needs to badly work on his kicking. We could've signed better on loan.

Pearson - 6, Not a bad right-back on this performance. Fairly solid.

Chantler - 6, Solid if not spectacular.

Brown - 2, Hopelessly out of his depth, some embarrassingly horrible moments, looks a liability. Passing, awful. Mopped up the occasional hopeful Sheffield United punt, but honestly - have we just signed him because he's Wes Brown's brother? Might've actually bothered to defend instead of watching Baxter score.

Chimbonda 6, Would've been a 5 but gains an extra point for some comedy cheating that annoyed the muppets around me on the Kop.

Berrett 0, Back to his invisible best, a waste of a shirt, a waste of a wage and a waste of time. Hopelessly behind the game, awful set pieces. Spent the second half hiding from the ball.

Potts 3, ran about a bit and put some effort in.

Noble 1, I don't think he was inju

dalmationblue
13-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Agreed sir, As stated over 45 players used and still only a point above the drop zone, Nuff said...>:( The managment team could'nt pick there noses let alone a winning team...:D

rorys_guitar
13-03-2014, 09:15 AM
A fairly accurate summary Piglet, though perhaps a bit harsh on Byrne (he did at least look like he was trying and wanted the ball - unlike Miller).

The over-riding impression I was left with was that the whole team was lethargic, anyone might be forgiven for thinking it was our lot who'd got to the F.A. Cup semi-final on Sunday and been out on the lash every night since.

As a side note, am I correct in thinking that the Bramall Lane pitch has been reduced by about three yards down each flank? If so, they'll be in for a big shock at Wembley against a team two divisions higher. Might be worth a punt on a three goal margin for Hull.

Qwertyyoop
13-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Just curious.
Who in 1974 was worse than the present incumbent, which by the way means that if you can reply you have to be 40 plus and as such worthy of an admiration and respect that I have failed to attribute to you in the past.

polopblue
13-03-2014, 10:58 AM
I actually thought that Kav was the man for the job however I have changed my opinion. His judgement is questionable to say the least. His answer to our predicament seems to be,get more inexperienced loan players in and hope. His constant praising of under achieving is wearing thin and I fear he will lead this team into league 2.

Wukkie
13-03-2014, 12:57 PM
This was my first game since Sunderland so hadn't seen a few of the players actually play.

I think some of Tim's ratings are a bit harsh. Anyway my thoughts were that if you could be top of the league by passing the ball sideways and backwards and being toothless then we'd walk it.

Pickford kept us in the game on quite a few occasions and looked decent on this showing.

Berrett has turned into Thirlwell,Sideways Junior so the transformation is now complete.
I thought Byrne was our only consistent threat but was wasted being shoved out on the wing when it was clear Miller needed help in the centre. He can get past players with skill or quickness.

Noble was a poorer player than what I saw a couple of months ago.
Chimbonda still a liability,people just think he's good as he's an ex premier League player.

Reece Brown, where should I start. He unnecessarily put the team under pressure with some strange passes and looked like he hadn't played in a while.

Pearson struggled and that is be

wham123
13-03-2014, 01:23 PM
We played okay but Sheff utd got there goal then just sat back and allowed are centre backs to have the ball and pass it around. From about 70mins onwards Sheff utd were knackered and the game was there for the taking. But we were toothless and never really pushed on to put them under pressure.

I fear this weekend will be a battle against a well organised, strong, typical Westley side and with the amount of young lads in the team, we could be smashed to pieces. First goal will be big!

Think we will pick up just enough points to stay up.

Piglet_Phoenix
13-03-2014, 06:49 PM
Qwerty, since 1974, not in 1974.

The laziest performance by a centre-forward in a blue shirt has to be Danny Graham at Huddersfield when we were fighting relegation under Abbott.

sum_baynton
13-03-2014, 07:56 PM
"The laziest performance by a centre-forward in a blue shirt has to be Danny Graham at Huddersfield when we were fighting relegation under Abbott."

Chris Freestone AWS northern final 2nd leg Stockport away 1997.
You also seem to have forgotten Eric Gates existed.
Lee Miller , most of 2013.

MrBlue
13-03-2014, 08:06 PM
Jake Jervis at MK Dons last season. Poorest display I can remember from someone masquerading as a striker.

my_blue_way
13-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Jermaine Beckford at Gillingham, October 2006. The footballing equivalent of sitting on a sofa in your underpants drinking beer.

walwynlegend
14-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Not the biggest endorsement for Miller but I have to agree with Gates and Beckford being worse and raise the stakes to Richard Offiong.

bruntonpasty
14-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Offiong for me. For his 45 minute display of ineptitude against either Crewe or Macclesfield, I forget which it was. Anyhoo, he was 5hit, no, make that utter 5hit.

dalmationblue
15-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Of the 45 players used this season how many would you want retained for next season, Or brought back to do a job if wonga was'nt an issue...???:D

malboo
15-03-2014, 11:45 AM
What about Kenny Wilson 1972-1974.Only one goal which hit the Goalkeeper,went up in the air,came
down and span in to the net.Apart from that terrible Centre Forward.

Piglet_Phoenix
15-03-2014, 12:32 PM
There's a clear difference between lack of ability and lack of effort.

NewBlueDream
15-03-2014, 06:07 PM
"There's a clear difference between lack of ability and lack of effort."

This is true enough which is why Miller is all the more frustrating, he has ability but doesn't apply himself.