PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Benfica

meatismurder
13-03-2014, 06:49 AM
Early team news.

"Danny Rose is back in the frame alongside Christian Eriksen for our Europa League Round of 16, first leg against Benfica at the Lane on Thursday night.
The full-back has returned to training after suffering a knee injury at Norwich City on February 23.
"Danny has trained for two or three days now," said Head Coach, Tim Sherwood. "We`ve got him back quickly after he went off against Norwich and he`s not lost that much training."
We reported yesterday that Christian was training again ahead of Thursday night's huge tie.
"It's good to have Christian back, we`ve all seen how he can affect football matches, so we hope he can do the same again, if selected," added Tim.
And the news is positive on Michael Dawson, who was forced off at Chelsea with a hamstring injury on Saturday. "We`re confident he`ll be back in the fold in a couple of weeks," said Tim.
Mousa Dembele remains a doubt after missing the Chelsea match with a hamstring problem. "There is improvement in Mousa but

pnethor
13-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Tonight will be a good night for Spurs.

You will limit Benfica to just the 4 or 5 goals.

meatismurder
13-03-2014, 07:18 PM
Our team tonight:
Lloris;
Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton;
Lennon, Paulinho, Sandro, Eriksen;
Adebayor, Kane.

And our subs:
Friedel, Fryers, Rose, Bentaleb, Chadli, Townsend, Soldado.

COYS

meatismurder
13-03-2014, 08:35 PM
1-0 Benfica, Naughton at fault?

COYS

danegee
13-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Play a f-ucking left footed left back at left back for f-uck sake.
Your giving Kane a chance so just what has Fryers done wrong when playing that has cost him from getting picked as the natural left back when first choice is not available?

Paulinho needs to get his finger out. May as well be playing with one in midfield.
What's up with him? Is he unfit as in the last few times I've seen him he seems a yard of the pace physically and mentally?

Our central midfield is pants. There is no creativity there at all. Been like it for a while. Why play Eriksen -arguably the most creative on the pitch - on the left as he tends to drift inside, clog things up and leaves the left side open to counter attack?
Play a left sided midfielder there and play Eriksen where he can do damage, in the middle.

Fs these puzzling team selections are doing my head in

danegee
13-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Can't see us scoring tbh. They will now shut it up and try and nick a second on the counter.
Post match Sherwood said Kane was there to beef up the midfield????
Why not use a midfielder to do that?
Who else will score if Adebayor don't?

Bring on Chadli down the left, bring on Fryers, Take of Kane bring Eriksen in behind Adebayor play Paulino and Sandro behind and put Fryers at LB.

You can see Benfica's plan what's ours? Boot it up to kane or Ade's head and hope for the best by passing the midfeild as Paulinho is not the most creative midfielder and we have no one to control the game from the middle.

The last 3 or 4 games I have not worked out our game plan. I have come to the conclusion there isn't any and that Tim is just tinkering and hoping for the best.

We will need a miracle to turn this around.

meatismurder
13-03-2014, 09:20 PM
2-0 :blue:

meatismurder
13-03-2014, 09:24 PM
1-2 Eriksen

COYS

danegee
13-03-2014, 09:34 PM
There you go. Old Harry Kane brought in to beef up the midfield comes to the 18 yard box to pick up the ball and f-uck about thinking he's 'Rooneyesque' - Tims word's XD - and mucks it up. Then the first corner they get Adebayor decides not to jump for this one. When the corner was taken He was standing where it got headed from ffs.
Soft.
Who the f-uck does the set piece training as we haven't a clue how to take corners or free kicks or defend from them.
How may corners have we had?

Too late now Tim, Kane should have gone off half time.

Season over.

danegee
13-03-2014, 09:41 PM
1-2 Eriksen

COYS

2 away goals meat.
No way back now mate unless we win 4-2 or better as they will be scoring at theirs and probably not conceding. They have a 100% home record.

meatismurder
13-03-2014, 09:45 PM
1-3 :blue:

danegee
13-03-2014, 09:53 PM
At least AVB did not just blame the players.
The sight of sherwood shrugging his shoulders as if to say 'ffs you lot" is annoying.
Sort out the basics in training, like defending set pieces, taking them and basic pass and move football.
Organise the team and be tactically aware and play people in their natural positions. Do not face a good European team with long ball tactics.
It's ****ing embarrassing to watch.
Harry Kane 'rooneyesque' for fu-ck sake.

We are terrible.

connelljj
13-03-2014, 10:00 PM
spurs are now my favorite team.as i had 100euro's win on benfica @ 2/1,to go with the 400 euro's i won today cheltenham.B) B) B) never mind arsenal is next XD XD XD

soon2bagrandad
13-03-2014, 10:14 PM
spurs are now my favorite team.as i had 100euro's win on benfica @ 2/1,to go with the 400 euro's i won today cheltenham.B) B) B) never mind arsenal is next XD XD XD

Never won money mate but to see the spuds get beat that easy was like winning money

I cant wait to hear them bleeting at work tomorrow :D

hammerwell06
13-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Unlucky tonight XD XD XD . But let me guess , Your players still need time to 'Gel ', but this time in European football. ;D

Also good to see it's so busy on here during & after a Match . B)

danegee
13-03-2014, 11:38 PM
It's busier on your board during home games as many of you never go.

I would have tonight but unfortunately I have spent all my money on a ticket to my cousins gaff in Nerja for a week Monday afternoon, hiring a car for the 12 hr round drive to Benfica and a ticket .

YEs we are **** but how sad it must be to be a wet spam fan.
Never have anything to shout about except when Spurs lose or you get promoted.
We have lost 8 matches in the EPL
1 in the LC
and one in the FA cup
and this was our 2nd defeat in the EL
so that's 10 losses in 4 competitions.

Compare that to Spams 16 losses in one less competition.

So, let's talk about losers.

We are ****, but you are factually sh-itter.

So what's Spam's excuse for no European football for 8 seasons?
What's your excuse for being eliminated after 2 games the last time?

What's your excuse for being a spam supporting c-unt and an armchair spam supporting c-unt like connellj and the geezer who has been waiting for over 9 months to be a grand

hammerwell06
14-03-2014, 12:41 PM
Wow,, nothing like a sore loser is there Dangee ?

First off , I don't see where I called your team sh!t :? Nor did I compare us to the squirts.

Maybe if you lot faced reality and stopped bigging yourselves up to be the best team around at the mo , you might just find it easier when u do lose.

Did you get in trouble from mummy & daddy for messing up your room and throwing your keyboard around your room. ?

Or is it the fact that your family have wasted all the rent money on hiring a car for you away trip which is pointless in going to now.

Still I guess you will be able to go to school & tell your mate that you were there that night , I'm sure he will think your a true fan ...XD XD

But to be fair I don't think either of us have anything to shout about over the last few years do you ? I mean its not like either team has won anything is it...

But having said that , if it makes you feel better that your teams better than ours over the season , then I can only agree with yo

connelljj
14-03-2014, 07:20 PM
[quote="danegee"]It's busier on your board during home games as many of you never go.

I would have tonight but unfortunately I have spent all my money on a ticket to my cousins gaff in Nerja for a week Monday afternoon, hiring a car for the 12 hr round drive to Benfica and a ticket .

YEs we are **** but how sad it must be to be a wet spam fan.
Never have anything to shout about except when Spurs lose or you get promoted.
We have lost 8 matches in the EPL
1 in the LC
and one in the FA cup
and this was our 2nd defeat in the EL
so that's 10 losses in 4 competitions.

Compare that to Spams 16 losses in one less competition.

So, let's talk about losers.

We are ****, but you are factually sh-itter.

So what's Spam's excuse for no European football for 8 seasons?
What's your excuse for being eliminated after 2 games the last time?

What's your excuse for being a spam supporting c-unt and an armchair spam supporting c-unt like connellj and the geezer who has

DEVONSPUR
14-03-2014, 09:50 PM
No not me, I'm not a multi user like most of you mugs!!

Why don't you have a look at your boards offerings during Jan if you like bitter twisted fans?

All of you were virtually suicidal screaming after BFS's head and now he's manager of the month and you're all happy all of a sudden!!

I thought the Toon fans were fickle (and still do) but you lot take some beating!!

XD XD XD

The thing is that BD, Mammerwell & Hammerhead come on here. have a go but you can still have banter but you, Grandad and that other twa.t Sir Terence are complete and utter morons as ive said before!!!

But ive had a good Cheltenham this week with Tiger roll and lord Windermere rounding things off nicely!!

Just under A?10k and lovely when the bookie asks, "Will a cheque suffice?"

Real money of course, not Euros or do you still have punts, bogtrotter?
Your winnings shd buy you plenty of donkey jackets for the site!!
XD XD XD

connelljj
15-03-2014, 02:57 PM
from reading most of your posts,i can say you would'nt know the difference between a horse and a greyhound.anyways the board will fill up if you beat arsenal tomorrow.

glad to see you had a bet on two irish horses,which no doubt were trained in the bog.O:)