PDA

View Full Version : Goalkeeper

jwess
13-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Now that Craig Gordon is free from injuries and is training at Ibrox surely this would be a good time to try and have him on loan.

dasdeid
13-03-2014, 05:52 PM
This was raised before and met with a positive forum response .. think the perfect solution.
Perhaps money a problem to attract but surely better than benefits assume he's currently receiving ;D

sieb1886
13-03-2014, 09:13 PM
He could do worse than try to resurrect his career at FP. It'd be a 'sales' job to convince him, but if the gaffer threw in the progression of John Ruddy and Darren Randolph then who knows?
Besides, he won't be short of a few quid these days will he?

dazlhigh
13-03-2014, 10:25 PM
As with many 'Well fans, I don't know enough about our younger 'keeper to judge whether or not this would be the time, top six being done and dusted, to play him regularly. That said, and even if he's not quite the goalie he once was, I'd have CG tomorrow. The money to pay him would be a massive issue. But there isn't long to go in the season. Is there potential in a 'pay per play' arrangement?

dasdeid
14-03-2014, 08:36 AM
Do you think Gordon awash with offers ?
The fact AWOL since Sunderland days would appear not.
Can never understand .. an offer to PLAY and paid must be attractive regardless of your past and current situation .. sat home watching Homes Under the Hammer ... Wanted Down Under a huge disappointment but on before watershed XD

As Seib states above a chance to put self in shop window in SPL

firparkloony
14-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Do you think Gordon awash with offers ?
The fact AWOL since Sunderland days would appear not.
Can never understand .. an offer to PLAY and paid must be attractive regardless of your past and current situation .. sat home watching Homes Under the Hammer ... Wanted Down Under a huge disappointment but on before watershed XD

As Seib states above a chance to put self in shop window in SPL

Normally I don't get drawn into ifs and buts, however I am intrigued in this instance, has this chap discovered a miracle cure, my understanding is his playing days are over due to medical reasons or have I got it wrong...?

jwess
14-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Craig Gordon was paraded in front of TV cameras the other night claiming that he was now fully fit.
Let's hope his cure is permanent for his sake.

skippy91
14-03-2014, 06:53 PM
He maybe fully fit and he was an exceptional goalkeeper no doubt about that. Even a half fit CG would be an improvement on what we currently have, but until the legal financies are sorted out with the insurance company CG will have to be contented with shouting advice from the touchline.

meister1991
14-03-2014, 07:28 PM
a mannequin of Craig Gordon would do a better job.

skippy91
14-03-2014, 08:27 PM
...or Craig's wee sister!!!

sieb1886
14-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Was he paraded by Marvellous Marvin Andrews (legendary Greyskull faith healer), by any chance!?

Davie1972
17-03-2014, 08:19 PM
These are the worst two keepers we have ever had on our books at the same time

Maybe we have been blessed over recent years with some crackers Randolph, Ruddy, Goram, Woods (ok scrap the last one)

Whatever we do close season, it has to be a priority.