PDA

View Full Version : First ever Scottish Boiler Room at the Subbie..

mr_plugg
13-03-2014, 03:42 PM
..from about a month ago. Who says Scotland isn't ready to go it alone as a country?!

Those Optimo fellers are flippin heroes of mine.

Any of you hep cats into these BR sets?? Any recommendations?? There's haunners of em.. - view external link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXphA_kIng8)

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 05:59 PM
..from about a month ago. Who says Scotland isn't ready to go it alone as a country?!

Any of you hep cats into these BR sets?? Any recommendations?? There's haunners of em..

I thought it was a bit embarrassing the way it was just like thugs with their tops off... Normally Boiler Room has the cool, chic crowd.

Move D does a great one and I really like the one Maya Jane Coles did. I'll see if I can find them and post them up.

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Move D Boiler Room DJ Set at Dimensions Festival

Stick with it, takes a few minutes to get, eh, chugging. ;) - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWoJTn9YY90)

sword_of_truth
13-03-2014, 06:04 PM
There's loads and most are good, just type in Boiler room on Youtube.

:star: :star:

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Maya Jane Coles Boiler Room DJ Set

***y wee minx. :heart: :heart: :heart: - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB_rlsF83u4)

CB_1874
13-03-2014, 06:46 PM

Act yer age ya auld pryck. :D

BertrandRussell
13-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Can anyone translate this thread for me?

mr_plugg
13-03-2014, 06:48 PM

Any of you hep cats into these BR sets?? Any recommendations?? There's haunners of em..

I thought it was a bit embarrassing the way it was just like thugs with their tops off... Normally Boiler Room has the cool, chic crowd.

Move D does a great one and I really like the one Maya Jane Coles did. I'll see if I can find them and post them up.[/quote]

Aye, mibbee a bit cringey at points. The 'taps aff' was lead by Numbers and Boiler Room stalwart/f.annybaws Jackmaster and his pals and I think they were just having a laugh...ach, it made a change from Berlin scenesters shuffling about a bit.

I'm a bit addicted to Boiler Rooms at the moment. Some absolutely brilliant sets...and it can be quite funny to sit at home with a cup of tea and fag and half watc

CB_1874
13-03-2014, 06:50 PM

I was going to ask the same thing. I think it's a thread for middle aged men who still think they're 21.

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 06:51 PM

Yes, ckdjcbwhc ;;eclkewwofu [[[[poekwperfkwnjef nelkmnefl hnjkmjfoen jkoo;lwefm mmmfmf;r;'fwfm mlf'fwjmefk l;;;;;;;./;//enwkl

BertrandRussell
13-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Ah, middle-aged ravers?

:D

CB_1874
13-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Ah, middle-aged ravers?

Sadly, yes. :blue:

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Ah, middle-aged ravers?

Sadly, yes. :blue:[/quote]

What are the rules here then? :O

You have to stop listening to music when you're middle aged if electronic dance music was your thing but if it's guitar bands you liked then continue listening regardless of your age??

Think the problem here is that dance music is a relatively recent phenomenon. The pioneers themselves are only hitting middle age, where as half of the guitar band stuff you still "rock out" to are OAP's!! XD

mr_plugg
13-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Ach, I'm only 29 guv. As far as being a middle-aged raver goes, I'm only just applying for membership.

*queues up Optimo mix and fears for the future*

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 07:16 PM

I always wondered how it worked. Thanks.

Any idea how you get **** on the internet?

mr_plugg
13-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Dance music reached middle age years ago...'Dad House' etc.

When Radio 2 has a Saturday night show dedicated to dance music hosted by 'Dangerous' Dave Pearce, and the Prime Minister's missus nips off to raves in Ibiza...it's fair to say that it's a genre that's been firmly established in the mainstream for a long time. Anyone labelling it all as 'yoof music' at this stage will sound faintly ridiculous...but it doesnt surprise me that this site is still populated with daft rockist types :)

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Dance music reached middle age years ago...'Dad House' etc.

When Radio 2 has a Saturday night show dedicated to dance music hosted by 'Dangerous' Dave Pearce, and the Prime Minister's missus nips off to raves in Ibiza...it's fair to say that it's a genre that's been firmly established in the mainstream for a long time. Anyone labelling it all as 'yoof music' at this stage will sound faintly ridiculous...but it doesnt surprise me that this site is still populated with daft rockist types :)

Exactly mate, some people are just so narrow minded. :blue:

DannyBhoy
13-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Is Dave Pearce still going about?

'Roll another fat one, Dave!'

B)

BertrandRussell
13-03-2014, 07:33 PM
I liked it when I was a ****ager but they're been rehashing the same stuff for 20 years now.

Plus dancing is for weirdos.

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 07:35 PM
they're been rehashing the same stuff for 20 years now.

Funnily enough dance music is the one music genre that your statement least applies to.

BertrandRussell
13-03-2014, 07:40 PM
If you say so. Every time I hear club music it sounds no different to the stuff coming out in the early 90s.

You can't express yourself with a computer like you can with musical instruments.

WangOneIn
13-03-2014, 07:49 PM
If you say so. Every time I hear club music it sounds no different to the stuff coming out in the early 90s.

You can't express yourself with a computer like you can with musical instruments.

...I don't understand your stance. You are unlimited on the computer/keyboard.

JimmyHaze
13-03-2014, 07:53 PM
I would say its hard to find good house or dance music nowadays but some of those boiler room sets are quite good and new sounding and are at least trying something different

A lot of dance music is very bland nowadays otherwise

CB_1874
14-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Ah, middle-aged ravers?

You have to stop listening to music when you're middle aged if electronic dance music was your thing but if it's guitar bands you liked then continue listening regardless of your age??

Think the problem here is that dance music is a relatively recent phenomenon. The pioneers themselves are only hitting middle age, where as half of the guitar band stuff you still "rock out" to are OAP's!! XD[/quote]

Yes. There should be some kind of age cut off point for listening to dance music, I'd say about 30. After that you're getting in to dangerous territory where the youngsters you're standing next to in clubs see you as a sad auld basturt.

Sorry, that's my view.

WangOneIn
14-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Ah, middle-aged ravers?

Think the problem here is that dance music is a relatively recent phenomenon. The pioneers themselves are only hitting middle age, where as half of the guitar band stuff you still "rock out" to are OAP's!! XD[/quote]

Yes. There should be some kind of age cut off point for listening to dance music, I'd say about 30. After that you're getting in to dangerous territory where the youngsters you're standing next to in clubs see you as a sad auld basturt.

Sorry, that's my view.[/quote]

Ok, I see you're point...to an ex

Mook1
14-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Ah, middle-aged ravers?

Sorry, that's my view.[/quote]

What if you're listening to it in

CB_1874
14-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Ah, middle-aged ravers?

Sorry, that's my view.[