PDA

View Full Version : Chucks cannot do it all on his own

alexmick
13-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Chucks Aneke now has 15 goals to his and is our leading scorer by a mile. In fact, so rich is Aneke's vein of form at present, that he has now scored 8 goals in his last 10 appearances.

My concern right now is our reliance on one player to score the majority of the goals (in fact, he is scoring nearly all of them at present). I just hope that Chucks does not get an injury or is suspended, because he is the reason why we are not down and out right now. We need others to step up to the plate in our quest for goals.

I just wonder who we can now look towards to help this young man out? Perhaps Brad Inman can start to find his goal scoring touch (something he did quite well last season). Or will Uche be allowed the occasional appearance to show his undoubted ability? It would be nice if the midfield pairing of Grant and Evans could start hitting the back of the net from time to time.

We certainly need others to start performing where it matters, because we cannot keep relying

PAULCAFC
13-03-2014, 05:42 PM
IMO we`d be almost down without him, whatever the end of season outcome we should give him a massive wave off a the last game v Preston, he deserves everything and a massive THANK YOU from the supporters, shame our other strikers have`nt performed all season!!

AstonAlex
14-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Absolutely agree with Paul, the fella should get a great send off. For me, he would get such a send off with only half his goals as he is always a pleasure to watch, no matter the frustration of his lack of mobility. He is a one off with a great eye for a pass, the ability to play the pass and two great feet. Too good for L1, not yet good enough for Prem, although having watched Yaya Sanogo up front for the Gunners. . . . . .

itwasin
14-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Agree as he returns to Arsenal the likes of B Moore probably get a send off to Accrington,can not see anyone rushing to sign him up.

AlexLeicester
14-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Chuks will not be going back to Arsenal. Right now he is the best he has been all season, but lets not forget how they were all performing from August to November.
I believe he's too good for Div 1, but would need time to prove himself with a Champ club.

Apart from that, or maybe with it, I fully agree with Alexmick on this. Whoever signs him will discover a diamond.

alexmick
14-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Doesn't even sound like we can recall Jordan Johnson back into the fold from neighbours Leek Town. The striker has netted 30 goals this season, although he is presently going through a lean spell and has not scored since January. In fact, he had the chance to rectify his miserable spell against Brigg Town last Saturday, when his side were awarded a penalty. Johnson missed the spot kick. One can only hope that he will be firing on all cylinders when he joins us for real, in time for the pre-season matches in the summer.

bonehead
15-03-2014, 04:47 AM
brings me back to my normal post - why didnt we sign Sam Winnall - said himself in interview , was free to anyone who wanted him after bein on trial - only scunny wanted him

maybe if we played 4-3-3 and gave oliver a game in the 3 we might score more goals

garrett

tootle davis ellis guthrie

grant evans inman

anike

oliver pogba

alexmick
17-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Point proved...Saturday said it all...Chucks cannot do it all on his own. If Pogba is not up to the job, then Davis has to bring in someone else who can take the weight off Chucks. That someone might well be Uche. We cannot keep relying on the Arsenal man to get our goals.

In response to the point concerning our failure to sign Sam Winnall during the summer (and we could have done as much), then I too agree that this man could have been a good acquisition for the Alex. However, it is easy to make this assumption after the event, and perhaps he would not have faired so well in this very tough league. Problem is now, we will never know. What we do know is this. Winnall leads the L2 scoring charts with high flying S****horpe.

alexmick
15-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Now Chucks really cannot do it all on his own. With his 3 game ban, someone else now has to step up to the plate. We need the goals coming from all areas of the pitch, especially those misfiring midfielders.

WildlyCrewe
22-04-2014, 11:52 AM
He didn't do it on his own. He is a receiver - not a play maker. It was the other guys doing the running, chasing, positioning, defending, passing and hard work.

alexmick
22-04-2014, 04:54 PM
He didn't do it on his own. He is a receiver - not a play maker. It was the other guys doing the running, chasing, positioning, defending, passing and hard work.

He scored the majority of the goals (17) and did make the telling passes, before his form dipped leading to that red card.