PDA

View Full Version : Wee Rovers ... Big Gesture !!

sieb1886
13-03-2014, 09:20 PM
Hat's off to Albion's board of Directors. Donating 10K of their Scottish Cup windfall to underprivilidged children is quite astonishing in this day and age. The irony can't be lost on the team they almost beat last Saturday (and would've beaten, had it not been for an atrocious refereeing decision).
Well done for restoring this supporter's faith to a great extent.

Gowboy
14-03-2014, 11:06 AM
It's a great thing to do - a very significant donation, particularly from a club that can probably use every penny it gets.

skippy91
14-03-2014, 08:37 PM
That makes our cup defeat a bit more palatable... naw wait a minute does it f@#k...every cloud has a silver lining!!!!! What a wonderful gesture from the Wee Rovers though, they should be applauded. But has this deal been sanctioned by Stevie Kirk?? ... If so it's all the more remarkable...cause I've never heard a Fifer give away 10k before!! :D

sieb1886
14-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Aye, yer right Skippy, never gave the Fifer thing a thought tbh. But, now that you mention it ... I've never seen one of them buy even a round !

bheron
14-03-2014, 10:04 PM
No matter what the result is in the replay, Rovers have shown themselves to be a class act.

As Motherwell fans, we have realistic thoughts of sometime in the future,winning trophies and playing in Europe.

Rovers Players and fans support their team solely out of the love of football. They know they will never win cups, but it is "Their team". So I say enjoy every minute, you deserve it.

JOHHNYG
15-03-2014, 12:02 AM
Hear hear. Well done the Wee Rovers!

everwell
15-03-2014, 01:07 PM
By doing this they will gain a lot of friends and respect. It makes me even more glad that we applauded them of the field at New Douglas Park.

bheron
17-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Just want to wish Rovers all the best tonight.