PDA

View Full Version : Freeny and Varney

DanRrr
15-03-2014, 01:18 AM
can you think of anyone worse than either of these to have put on the shirt in the last 3 decades? I can't.

Genuine question

accyrover
15-03-2014, 01:37 AM
Both failed to impress as of yet. The decision to bring Dunn off for Feeney against Burnley was CRIMINAL.

Pooch
15-03-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm no expert...but it's clear to me why nobody else wants these two sacks of sh%t

USELESS

Despair
15-03-2014, 07:24 AM
For quite some time now i.e. since the 'removal' of John Williams, there have been a succession of managers that have been buying/loaning players on what appears to me to be a quite haphazard and random basis.
This at an alarming quota rate.
I would welcome some stato out there to inform us just how many players (in this time period) have been signed onto BRFC's books, outright or loan?
Is it any wonder that under that criteria we have failed for some 3 years now to develop a regular 'core squad' and in doing so made the task of determining such almost impossible.

The issue for me though, yet again is;
for us to opinion on: Stick with GB, or replace is fine, but I am surely not the only one who has very little faith in the 'powers that be' at BRFC in making an 'expert/knowledgeable' choice upon any replacement !!!
As I have opinioned, for me its a case of;
I would gladly give GB yet another season to show if he really can progress, this in the position of being reasonably happy with C

DanRrr
15-03-2014, 10:47 AM
I drunkenly asked about Varney on the Leed forum last night. So far no one has jumped to his defence.

blackburnturfite
15-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Freeny in my opinion could have been Red Carded against mighty Burnley,and he hadn't touched the ball.

Howie5o
15-03-2014, 11:16 AM
...Henri Goulon ...WTF !!! XD

DanRrr
15-03-2014, 11:25 AM
...Henri Goulon ...WTF !!! XD

HArd to say if he's as bas as the 2 I refer to Howie, but a good shout!

champs95
15-03-2014, 12:23 PM
can you think of anyone worse than either of these to have put on the shirt in the last 3 decades? I can't.

Genuine question

Cicco Grabbi the fact we paid A?7.5m on him for 1 goal!!!!
Kevin Davies - Absolutely shockingly poor.

Lorenzo Amorouso - Awful - truly awful. paid alot of money for him.

Dwight Yorke - the fact he was a good player- his time with us he was beyond awful. A?4.5m we spunked on him...

Darren Peakcock- Shocking

Marco Ritgers - truly shocking, and we paid money for him...A?2.5m - money well spent.

Vince Grella - awful - and always injured.

Andrews - booed out of the club

...thats without even thinking - gimme 10 mins I will add to that list.

At least this lad cost nowt, we havent half spent some real money on absolute dross under much better managers than GB.

DanRrr
15-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Champs, it looks like you're going by price tag here. But I'll say Davis, Yorke, Grella and definately Andrews, were better than the 2 above.

Grabbi and Peacock were poor, but I'm not sure if they were as awful as Varney or Freeney. In fact I'm pretty sure they weren't. They just cost more.

champs95
15-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Champs, it looks like you're going by price tag here. But I'll say Davis, Yorke, Grella and definately Andrews, were better than the 2 above.

Grabbi and Peacock were poor, but I'm not sure if they were as awful as Varney or Freeney. In fact I'm pretty sure they weren't. They just cost more.

Go on then Dan, how highly did you rate Marco Ritgers? I only mentioned the (radiculous) high transfer fees we paid for all that rubbish above - because the fact we paid such high fees for such awful players.

This didnt start this season pal, its been going on for donkeys years, and I would say we hve had plenty that could challenge this guy. That said, I guess your basing this on 2 performances? 2 very poor ones from the team, and manger alike. I'd say its a little harsh to judge rite now? I don't think he will be a world beater, but he isn't on 35 k a week.

Which brings me to my final point on this...is he any worse than Danny murphy? who w

DanRrr
15-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Poor as Ritgers and Davis were, they looked poor due to what was around them. I would take either over Varney and Feeney. Crap as they were, they were not not as crap as these two useless lumps.

champs95
15-03-2014, 04:53 PM
Poor as Ritgers and Davis were, they looked poor due to what was around them. I would take either over Varney and Feeney. Crap as they were, they were not not as crap as these two useless lumps.

2 players that are simply squad players Dan,that we would not have required had we not suffered some terrible injuries this season. I think your over-reacting after a bad few days for Rovers.
We have just won and it was a good result. No need to get carried away, its just a win. Equally we didnt become awful just because of the last weeks results.
And as more Marco Ritgers, your simply choosing to remember the 2 lads now (whom you will've only seen once or twice) as its now.

DanRrr
15-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Champs, it really has nothing to do with recent results. It's to do with recent performances. I've watched football long enough to spot a donkey when I see one. And I've seen 2 recently. Yes, there is an outside chance they become footballers, but they don't seem rated from where they have come from, and they look p1ss poor here.

But time will judge them properly. I hope to be proved very wrong.

champs95
15-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Champs, it really has nothing to do with recent results. It's to do with recent performances. I've watched football long enough to spot a donkey when I see one. And I've seen 2 recently. Yes, there is an outside chance they become footballers, but they don't seem rated from where they have come from, and they look p1ss poor here.

But time will judge them properly. I hope to be proved very wrong.

I just think the time to judge a player can't really be 2 games, I've seen enough footy in my time to know that. And I don't these 2 will be key at any stage for us, just fillers for a very bad run of injuries. When Marshall is fit do you see Feeney getting even a place on the bench, after Taylor, Conway, King ...I don't. Same with Varney. Just a filler. We have enough up front with Rhodes & Gestede. We just need to think about back up in the summer. I really don't see what the big deal is with these 2 at all. They will barley feature IMO.

DanRrr
15-03-2014, 08:13 PM
I really don't see what the big deal is with these 2 at all. They will barley feature IMO.

Hope so, both dogsh1t IMO XD

Bobcrompton1896
16-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Jordan Slew who cost Ai1 million from Sheffield.United worse striker than Varney. I think Alex Marrow is worse too,and what about Dickson Etuhu,who costs a fortune in wages,never ever plays and the one match he did concedes a penalty. At least these two lads have the nouse NOT to concede a penalty or put through their own goal(so far >;) >;) ).

kennyK
17-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Haven't seen enough of them to judge really, but I thought Varney looks like a handful, and is able to win balls that aren't his to win. Unlike some of the other wet lettuces we have in.

Worst player to wear a Rovers shirt: Jason Lowe, second worst Keith Andrews.

Rvblue
18-03-2014, 11:21 AM
I presume that Joe Craig was before your time then.

I think even Ashley Ward was worse than those two as well.

champs95
18-03-2014, 11:58 AM
I presume that Joe Craig was before your time then.

I think even Ashley Ward was worse than those two as well.

I just asked my dad about Joe Criag, he laughed and said he was awful.

Ward was awful.Nathan Blake was he really any better than Varney?

I keep saying this one... Marco Ritgers. we paid A?2.5m for him!!!

other than Nuno Gomes, take your pick from the portugese lads.
Nobody can tell me that Edinson is a far better player than Varney.

All this was based on 2 games of football anyway, during a bad week for Rovers. completely OTT.

DanRrr
18-03-2014, 10:43 PM
All this was based on 2 games of football anyway, during a bad week for Rovers. completely OTT.

Oi Champs, if I fancy a bloody good rant, I'll have one :P

Good shout with Nathen Blake.

But I stand by what I see with my own eye's. Those two are donkeys.

champs95
19-03-2014, 12:22 AM

Oi Champs, if I fancy a bloody good rant, I'll have one :P

Good shout with Nathen Blake.

But I stand by what I see with my own eye's. Those two are donkeys.[/quote]

I know you are mate. ;D tell me to fk off!!!
They aren't great, let's leave it at that.
Francis Jeffers ...give it a second to sink in ...yes he graced us with his presence for a while. That's another we try to etch from our memory.

DanRrr
19-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Jeffers, I had blanked him out completely.

It's beein interesting looking at opinions. Andrews, (who was not great) IMHO is 3 times the player of either of those and some see him as worse. It's all about perspective.

Despair
19-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Jeffers, I had blanked him out completely.

It's beein interesting looking at opinions. Andrews, (who was not great) IMHO is 3 times the player of either of those and some see him as worse. It's all about perspective.

Good to see this end in amicable conciliation ;D

We all I think have players who have 'irritated' us currently, and over the years (e.g. DE ! for me what a complete waste of space. Whereas Dan is happy to give him a shot (second?). :/
In comparison I think Andrews was not nearly as bad as many paint him as, this probably due to him being a trier and just getting on with the job he was handed. It just seems that some of the support needed to lambast someone and he came up top of the list (in a very bleak time for BRFC).
J Lowe is the conundrum in all of this :?
Very few rate him, yet he has been a mainstay of our team for longer than anyone and is rated (by who, and why?) at 2.6ml !!!
I see him akin to Andrews, wher

Bobcrompton1896
19-03-2014, 11:56 AM
No problem with a VERY NEGATIVE player like Jason Lowe. A "pressure soaker" for me.

Dickson Etuhu & Vicenzo Grella the biggest wastes of money ever at our club IMHO.

DanRrr
21-03-2014, 07:44 AM
(e.g. DE ! for me what a complete waste of space. Whereas Dan is happy to give him a shot (second?). :/

Oi, I said he'd have a clean slate in my eyes this season and see if he could or would do anything, given the circus from last season. Didn't you say the same way back at the start of the season? May have been someone else, (my memory is weak on such matters). Anyway, given his injury? we'll never know, so yes, he's been a big drain on resources and given nowt.

Agree on Lowe, can drive you batty, but does soak up pressure. He's alright, but definately not brilliant.

Despair
22-03-2014, 07:26 AM
(e.g. DE ! for me what a complete waste of space. Whereas Dan is happy to give him a shot (second?). :/

Oi, I said he'd have a clean slate in my eyes this season and see if he could or would do anything, given the circus from last season. Didn't you say the same way back at the start of the season? May have been someone else, (my memory is weak on such matters). Anyway, given his injury? we'll never know, so yes, he's been a big drain on resources and given nowt.

Agree on Lowe, can drive you batty, but does soak up pressure. He's alright, but definately not brilliant.[/quote]

Sorry, but not so Dan (its your failing memory ;D )
My opinion of DE (from the very little I [and all others] saw of him) indicated to me that this was a guy just jumping on the 'gravy train' for a last big pay cheque.
I do reckon that his 'injury' was induced by 'shock' with regard to the outrageous ridiculous d

DanRrr
22-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Sorry, but not so Dan (its your failing memory ;D )

Now I come to think of it, it was someone good looking that was of the same mindset as me. :P XD

It was just a hopeful, 'he might do a job for us this season, let's see if he does' approach. But hindsight rocks on these matters, and he didn't, he hasn't and he won't. After his last cameo, it's probably for the best.

unclepunkle
05-04-2014, 11:07 AM
jeez, if you need a debate whether varney is the worst, you must have had some sh1te playing for you over the years...from the players listed i see potential (jeffers) and proven form (yorke), but for some reason these transfers never worked out. the one thing i can say about varney is that he is consistant. consistantly sh1te. hes been bombed out of every club hes ever played at. whoever recomended and sanctioned this transfer should be put in stocks outside your ground and pelted with excrement. ps thanks for taking him off our hands

champs95
05-04-2014, 12:01 PM
And thankyou for being Leeds Utd.
As bad as things get, as bad as our owners are, as much as our fall from grace was tough...things could be alot worse, we could be Leeds.

For the record, Franny Jeffers your reffered to. He joined us rite at the end of his career, if you can call it that? He had no potential. Other than to be god awful.
Remembet Thomas Brolin for Leeds? Terrible. Jeffers was than that. Just not as bad as Dwight Yorke. Who if bothered, could have been decent. He jst chose to not bother.

DanRrr
05-04-2014, 12:11 PM
jeez, if you need a debate whether varney is the worst, you must have had some sh1te playing for you over the years...from the players listed i see potential (jeffers) and proven form (yorke), but for some reason these transfers never worked out. the one thing i can say about varney is that he is consistant. consistantly sh1te. hes been bombed out of every club hes ever played at. whoever recomended and sanctioned this transfer should be put in stocks outside your ground and pelted with excrement. ps thanks for taking him off our hands

I thought as much, you've seen more of the clown than I have. If you say he's ****e I'll take as a sign that my eyes work XD

And Champs, why are you relentlessly spoiling for an online scrap these days? That time of the month or something?

champs95
05-04-2014, 12:47 PM

I thought as much, you've seen more of the clown than I have. If you say he's ****e I'll take as a sign that my eyes work XD

And Champs, why are you relentlessly spoiling for an online scrap these days? That time of the month or something?[/quote]

Time of the month. ;D
I like it ...

Dan are you still driving that birds car?

DanRrr
05-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Time of the month. ;D
I like it ...

Glad you took it in the spirt it was meant in Champs :)

Varney came on today for a bit. Did nothing to change my opinion of his footballing talents, but he does seem quite good at winding up the opposition, which was needed at the time to distract them.

Also, if you are referring to my pretty fast black Alfa, (I killed the cheap one). Then yes, I rairly, if ever get overtaken and it hasn't exploded yet either. Win win situation ;)

seventwo
05-04-2014, 05:47 PM

Champs that's why I don't go to Ewood anymore, Dan and I car share and I couldn't be seen in a tarts car. It does suit Dan though! :D

champs95
05-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Time of the month. ;D
I like it ...

Glad you took it in the spirt it was meant in Champs :)

Varney came on today for a bit. Did nothing to change my opinion of his footballing talents, but he does seem quite good at winding up the opposition, which was needed at the time to distract them.

Also, if you are referring to my pretty fast black Alfa, (I killed the cheap one). Then yes, I rairly, if ever get overtaken and it hasn't exploded yet either. Win win situation ;)[/quote]

Haha ...and that's to Sven aswell!! ;D
I know you where pulling my leg mate, I expect you to tell me if I'm being a c0ck ...I ain't always going to agree, but I do listen to you.

You see the lads much more than me, and I actually rely on yours and Howies input, as it's about the only views I get, other than media reports.

Varney is ****e, I kinda always thought we wo

AucklandRover
05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
On the whole, I think GB has done pretty well in the transfer market, but these two will forever remain a mystery.
Feeney? OK, we had a few injury-worries and perhaps he had good games AGAINST Rovers that GB witnessed, but his position is where we have Conway, King, Taylor, Olsson and even Morris. Admittedly, Conway might be needed on the right in Marshall's absence, but even so...! If ever someone was acquired redundantly, it's him.
As for Varney, well it is true that we are short of cover for Rhodes and Gestede, but is Varney any better than Goodwillie? In any case, we have Dunn, Cairney, Mahoney and King who can all play behind a single striker if necessary.
These two signings - especially Feeney - will always leave me puzzled.
An extra defender was surely a higher priority.

unclepunkle
05-04-2014, 11:27 PM
according to my mate big dave, wegner bought jeffers for A?7,000,000 and you got him on a freebie 5 years later at the age of 25. you then sold him for over 1/2 a million a year later.

my point was that at least players like him had the potential to succeed, whereas varney was dire, is dire and will always be dire.

i do agree about brolin

Despair
06-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Very out of character (for GB), but they would appear to be panic buys/loans, aided by them being simply 'available'. Akin to my wife out on one of her 'shopping trips'. ;D

DanRrr
06-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Champs that's why I don't go to Ewood anymore, Dan and I car share and I couldn't be seen in a tarts car. It does suit Dan though! :D[/quote]

It's just woolf whistles when I get out of the car are a good ego boost. You should try it sven ;D