PDA

View Full Version : Road Kill

yubbywelch
15-03-2014, 05:28 AM
Here in Oz on the major coastal towns you only get your domestic animals.

But 1/2 an hour out of town we have roos,wild boars, birds, echidnas, snakes, possums.

NuclearDevice
15-03-2014, 07:16 AM
Squirrels, foxes and badgers over here. And the occasional partridge that jumps out at you, flaps its wings, gets a little airborne, and then gets swiped by your car and damages your wing mirror that costs loads to repair.

Not that I'm bitter ;D ;D

Didn't even get to roast it afterwards :P

bongosdad
15-03-2014, 09:20 AM
We get quite a few wild horses. Someone from work ran one over and wrote off her car. Your lucky yubs you have sasquatch in your country.

MissWinnie
16-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Also bunny rabbits :blue:, pheasants (Nuc, I have vague early recollections of my dad bringing home one he hit, with intentions of serving it up for Sunday lunch, and my mum going mad at him), and occasionally deer.

dazzyo-villa
16-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Loads of rabbits round my way, also quite a few of birds, especially these really stupid pigeon type of things, had a few get in the way on the way to work coming out my village :( cause a right mess.

birminghamborn
16-03-2014, 09:20 PM
See 100's of pheasants, plenty of monkjacks and a few badgers and foxes lately.

Arran007
22-03-2014, 01:24 AM
I was coming back up from London a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night where the M40 joins the M42, as I came around the bend there was a monkjack standing in the middle of the carriageway, I had to swerve to try and miss him, I just clipped him, I looked in my mirror and he bounded away.