PDA

View Full Version : Love how these adverts jump around

one_a_day
15-03-2014, 10:39 AM
You get to visit all kinds of websites that you wouldn't normally visit. Just won AŁ1m with Sky Vegas though our lass will probably divorce me and take half when she views the browsing history and sees the scantily dressed women site.

ExeterMiller
15-03-2014, 08:09 PM
2 words

******* Plus

crashbang
15-03-2014, 08:34 PM
2 words

******* Plus

Exactly.
Never seen an ad

djsld
16-03-2014, 03:46 PM
You get to visit all kinds of websites that you wouldn't normally visit. Just won Ai1m with Sky Vegas though our lass will probably divorce me and take half when she views the browsing history and sees the scantily dressed women site.

Have to agree pal. It's a proper pain in the backside.

I've tried the *******er plus app and it does sod all.
That sky bet ad that pops up at the bottom drives me mental.
The ads on here really are ruining the site, no wonder people are staying away lately.
:blue: :blue:

millmoormagic
16-03-2014, 03:51 PM
2 words

******* Plus

Exactly.
Never seen an ad[/quote]

Double exactly, takes 12 ads off this site...no brainer

millmoorlane
16-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Almost unusable on my mobile. The usual adds and then another banner which jumps up from the bottom whenever you move down the screen.

Painful to even bother reading posts these days. Shame.

ExeterMiller
16-03-2014, 06:04 PM
On Android you can use the App 'AdAway' - works just as well, for phones or tablets.

I think though you have to download the app from their website as these things can't be put on the PlayStore. You need to tick the 'install from unknown sources' in Settings > Security. You also need your phone rooted.

Can't speak for crappy Apple though

BradfordFozzie
16-03-2014, 06:32 PM
You lost me after "on" Exeter? XD XD

Staying in Collumpton tomorrow and Tuesday. :)

gorky
16-03-2014, 09:45 PM
On Android you can use the App 'AdAway'

I downloaded 'AdAway' but I just got a 90s pop/dance mp3. What have I done wrong?

ExeterMiller
16-03-2014, 10:50 PM
AdAway is apparently now part of 'F-Secure' link to download is below.

The download is to install directly onto Android phones or tablets that are ROOTED as it will not work otherwise.

As stated in above post, it is a download from a non Google source so will be viewed as 'untrusted', you will therefore need to go into your menu > Settings > Security and tick the 'uknown sources' box. - view external link (https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway)

ExeterMiller
16-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Here are screen shots on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Phone. Yes you get the static crap top and bottom, but nothing that pops out, moves with the page etc. & the pages take less time to load as the ads discovered are downloaded to a bogus IP address so should decrease your data allowance use.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2wmgv40.png

http://i57.tinypic.com/23mkhsm.png

Rothbiz
19-03-2014, 11:06 AM

I downloaded 'AdAway' but I just got a 90s pop/dance mp3. What have I done wrong?[/quote]

"Rock My Heart?"

deano_83
19-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Site is fine for me on the S4 with the tools installed like Exeter. No issues at work either.

Chris, talking of F-Secure do you know much about it? Have it protecting the desktop at home having replaced the old Virgin Media security software in December but having some right trouble installing it onto a new laptop.

It's supposed to be able to protect up to 4 devices - following Virgin Media website guide on how to transfer it to another piece of kit is useless.

Brin
19-03-2014, 11:44 AM
2 words

******* Plus

Having read this lot...

'******* Plus for Safari Beta

******* Plus for Safari is finished, but still in beta. Feel free to use it, but there are some known issues:

Known issues with the beta

Pop-ups aren't blocked.
The number of ads blocked for the current page will sometimes not be reset when navigating to a new page (Safari 7.0 only).
Icon pop-up contents will sometimes not update when loading a page into a new tab (Safari 7.0 only).
Known issues caused by limitations in Safari

Requests issued by third-party plugins like Flash arena€™t blocked. Ads on YouTube are still blocked in most cases though.
XHR requests aren't blocked'...

I don't think I'll bother...

muzzymiller
19-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I use Firefox as my browser and use ******* Add-ons and another useful one called Web Of Trust, which shows you a green amber and red rating based on user ratings of sites.

Never have an ad on any site, least of all here.
One small note, if watching anything on ITV player, they detect it and make you disable it while watching their shows so you still have to see ad-breaks.

So I don't watch ITV player.
:D

ExeterMiller
19-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Site is fine for me on the S4 with the tools installed like Exeter. No issues at work either.

Chris, talking of F-Secure do you know much about it? Have it protecting the desktop at home having replaced the old Virgin Media security software in December but having some right trouble installing it onto a new laptop.

It's supposed to be able to protect up to 4 devices - following Virgin Media website guide on how to transfer it to another piece of kit is useless.

F-Secure have been around a long time and know their stuff. Re: laptop - you need to make proper sure you've removed all remnants of your old AV before you install, try the free download 'AppRemover' if you're unsure. Then make sure you have enough licenses, go to your Virgin account and de-associate any devices on there are not installed on any machines. You say new laptop? so I'm guessing Windows 8? - when you run the installer make sure you right click it and select

gorky
19-03-2014, 01:27 PM

I downloaded 'AdAway' but I just got a 90s pop/dance mp3. What have I done wrong?[/quote]

"Rock My Heart?"[/quote]

Too obscure for me, I can only remember 'What is Love?' but you're a lot older than me so more likely to recall his other big hits.

ExeterMiller
19-03-2014, 03:04 PM

"Rock My Heart?"[/quote]

Haddaway - Who Are They? B) :D

Too obscure for me, I can only remember 'What is Love?' but you're a lot older than me so more likely to recall his other big hits.[/quote]