PDA

View Full Version : Wendy boost flagging attendances

lansdowneoldskool
15-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Paul Aldridge has admitted counting season ticket holders who are not in attendance as part of the "attendance" figure.

Of the tickets given FREE to under 8's, 25% have never used them. The vast majority of them have attended between 1-3 games yet all of these FREEBIES are included in the official "attendance" figure for every game.

Fans who wonder why Wendy don't have a pot to urinate in are a least a little wiser.

Even with including people who are not there, and some of them have never been, Wendy's crowds are still 11% down.

aussieowl
15-03-2014, 08:14 PM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

braggyowl
15-03-2014, 08:27 PM
FFS This pig really is desperate for attention is he not...UP THE OWLS...YORKSHIRE'S NUMBER ONE CLUB.

Owler
15-03-2014, 08:30 PM
All clubs do this, on average 2% of season ticket holders don't turn up for games.

Have you seen the debt league table for the Championship??

Wednesday are in 5th place for least amount of debt, (Barnsley are second)

Compared to clubs like Bolton, Ipswich, Blackburn and biggest majority of others we're doing ok.

Thanks for the concern but you've failed.

Try again next year. :)

Ps. 9 wins on bounce and 15,000 didn't turn up from previous game at lane Wednesday night against Carlisle.

braggyowl
15-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Oh he'll have skipped passed that Owler and pretended not to have seen it...
Don't know why we actually reply to him anyway...Every time he posts it's a load of sh!t

Rotherhamowl10
15-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I try educating this fool, but once again he comes bottom of the class.

Lets try again...

Every club in the football league has to count season ticket holders who are not in attendance as part of the "attendance" figure...yes, even your own club.

Your own club also offered the free under 8's season tickets - you may still do, I am not obsessed enough to find out - and the point of them is to encourage the young fans around the area to attend local football, and develop the next generation of supporters. I haven't seen these figures anywhere, so cant comment further on them, but these are to stop next season and be replaced by a fee of AŁ50.

The biggest 'blades myth' of them all is the 'free tickets' myth. You've got/had cheaper tickets than us for years, you've had a deal this season where season ticket holders could bring a friend for free. If you believe you don't have as many (if not more) ticket offers than us, then you're deluded.

Anyway, must try harder next time...graded F

Owler
15-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Isn't it free under 12s for each adult season ticket holder at lane??

I wonder how many of these didn't turn up earlier in season when it was tough going under Weir.

braggyowl
15-03-2014, 09:20 PM
[quote="Rotherhamowl10"]I try educating this fool, but once again he comes bottom of the class.

Lets try again...

Every club in the football league has to count season ticket holders who are not in attendance as part of the "attendance" figure...yes, even your own club.

Your own club also offered the free under 8's season tickets - you may still do, I am not obsessed enough to find out - and the point of them is to encourage the young fans around the area to attend local football, and develop the next generation of supporters. I haven't seen these figures anywhere, so cant comment further on them, but these are to stop next season and be replaced by a fee of Ai50.

The biggest 'blades myth' of them all is the 'free tickets' myth. You've got/had cheaper tickets than us for years, you've had a deal this season where season ticket holders could bring a friend for free. If you believe you don't have as many (if not more) ticket offers than us, then you're del

braggyowl
15-03-2014, 09:22 PM
[quote="Owler"]Isn't it free under 12s for each adult season ticket holder at lane??

I wonder how many of these didn't turn up earlier in season when it was tough going under Weir.[/qu

Yeah, just out of interest Landsdown, any chance of answering this question...

Nar, thought not!

lansdowneoldskool
15-03-2014, 09:57 PM
All clubs do this, on average 2% of season ticket holders don't turn up for games.

Have you evidence to back this up?

I am astonished that a club can add people to attendances who have never been to the ground in their lives. Surely for health and safety reasons the correct attendance should be given.

Owler
15-03-2014, 10:02 PM

I am astonished that a club can add people to attendances who have never been to the ground in their lives. Surely for health and safety reasons the correct attendance should be given.[/quote]

Doesn't say 2% on this article but I did hear it mentioned on 606 phone a few years ago. - view external link (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9480361/Football-fans-lose-out-on-64m-of-tickets-due-to-absent-season-ticket-holders.html)

aussieowl
15-03-2014, 10:26 PM
I try educating this fool, but once again he comes bottom of the class.

It's impossible to enter any sort of genuine discussion with lansdowne...worst poster on the footymad network.

lansdowneoldskool
16-03-2014, 08:38 AM

I am astonished that a club can add people to attendances who have never been to the ground in their lives. Surely for health and safety reasons the correct attendance should be given.[/quote]

Doesn't say 2% on this article but I did hear it mentioned on 606 phone a few years ago.[/quote]

Thanks Owler, but that is only evidence of fans not turning up. Apart from Wednesday, is there any evidence of clubs giving away free tickets and then claiming them as part of their match-day attendance when some of them have never been to the ground in their lives?

awayowl
16-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Of all there is to talk about in football, is this seriously the best you can manage time and time again, change the friggin record its getting boring. :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

braggyowl
16-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Wish they'd hurry up and fix this bleedin like it button!!!

lansdowneoldskool
17-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Don't know why we actually reply to him anyway...Every time he posts it's a load of sh!t

I've replied to Owler. Please educate me on why your club is claiming that people who have never been to the ground are present at every game.

SallyKate
17-03-2014, 08:44 AM
A bless another attempt by a childish blunt to spread a little scandal where none exists. It's standard league practice deary. Read and be educated;if that's possible on both counts.(The second paragraph is the clue hun). Dear oh dear how some just don't know their rules; how silly they are.

This article was taken form the Daily Mail. Not my usual choice of reading but it comers in useful.

"On January 30, Man United published the official attendance for the home game against Southampton as 75,600, but police data said the figure was only 59,666.

Under FA rules, United, as the host club, must publish the a??official attendancea??, which includes everyone who bought or had a ticket for the game whether they went to the game or not.

In December, the Premier League leaders reported crowds of over 75,000 for the games against Sunderland, Newcastle and West Brom, while the police figures were 64,294, 64,996 and 66,847 respectively.

The disparity was even greater for cup games.
It was

mahatmafoot
17-03-2014, 12:07 PM
To Owlpig the pitiful. Just over 15k turned up against Carlisle, 3 home games in a week affects peoples pockets. Why don't you mention the meagre 17k pigs that turned up for your game against Leicester, top of the table, and less than 20k against Leeds, Forest, Middlesborough etc.
Poor for such a MASSIVE club with 39000 + seats and in the next tier down from the Premier League. Then you complain about how much money you have when you only get 2/3000 paying customers and still give cheapo and freebie tickets away.

braggyowl
17-03-2014, 02:03 PM

I've replied to Owler. Please educate me on why your club is claiming that people who have never been to the ground are present at every game.[/quote]

Impossible...Everyone knows you can't educate pork...
Don't slam the door on the way out will you.

braggyowl
17-03-2014, 02:11 PM
To Owlpig the pitiful. Just over 15k turned up against Carlisle, 3 home games in a week affects peoples pockets. Why don't you mention the meagre 17k pigs that turned up for your game against Leicester, top of the table, and less than 20k against Leeds, Forest, Middlesborough etc.
Poor for such a MASSIVE club with 39000 + seats and in the next tier down from the Premier League. Then you complain about how much money you have when you only get 2/3000 paying customers and still give cheapo and freebie tickets away.

Aren't you fed up of talking attendances every day of your life?

WTF is wrong with you Mahat?

All you ever do on pigsmad is start thread after thread about us, day in, day out..
Get a life mate FFS...

We know it must hurt you, and always has, living in our shadow but friggin hell Mahat surely after all these years of us being bigger and better than you it's got easier to live with...Surely!

Chill out mate..And the

banno
17-03-2014, 03:13 PM

yet we still average more than you, Wembley bound and Arab owners included :)
best supported club in south Yorkshire?
THE WEDNESDAY of course

mahatmafoot
17-03-2014, 03:35 PM
It's only to get back at totally deluded pigs like you. I can see you squealing and your little trotters hitting the ground. The most delusiinal fans in football.

banno
17-03-2014, 03:41 PM
It's only to get back at totally deluded pigs like you. I can see you squealing and your little trotters hitting the ground. The most delusiinal fans in football.

irony :)

braggyowl
17-03-2014, 03:46 PM

You need help pal.

braggyowl
17-03-2014, 03:52 PM
What time you setting off for Preston then Mahat...Or did you forget you were playing tonight..

braggyowl
17-03-2014, 04:28 PM
There you go lads n lasses..If you wanna get rid of a pig just mention going to a match, especially away, they freeze up and are lost for words then log straight off..XD

Enjoy watching the game on the tele in the pub mahat...;)

hirstyboywonder
17-03-2014, 07:28 PM
What time you setting off for Preston then Mahat...Or did you forget you were playing tonight..

You reminded him too soon. Had you not mentioned it he would still be posting about his favourite subject now. As it is he can now disappear in time to claim he was at the game.

Maybe as they have now won no less than 10 in a row, more than the combined 700 the watched them at Colchester and Gillingham recently will turn up...

mahatmafoot
18-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Set off for Deepdale at 4.15 got there at 6.15. As for crowds at Colchester and Gillingham, pales into insignificance to the MASSIVE 800 you took 30 miles up the road to Leeds.

SallyKate
18-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Set off for Deepdale at 4.15 got there at 6.15. As for crowds at Colchester and Gillingham, pales into insignificance to the MASSIVE 800 you took 30 miles up the road to Leeds.

Ah bless yet again avoiding the subject you raised. So I will say it again. Season tickets and tickets sold are counted in crowds under league regulations.

Sounds an amazing alleged trip to PNE 'set off 4.15 got there 6.15' - how precise - almost sci fi fantasy tardis like in accuracy. . I bet you went - honest lol. Of course you can claim you saw the game because it was in tele. How convenient.

hirstyboywonder
18-03-2014, 10:00 AM

Told you braggy!

mahatmafoot
18-03-2014, 10:23 AM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

braggyowl
18-03-2014, 10:50 AM

Told you braggy![/quote]

XD XD XD

Yep, he forgot they were even playing..XD

Did you see how many they took..XD XD XD

Played off the park and very very lucky to come away with a point...Preston's forwards couldn't finish their dinners or it would have ended about 4-0...
That goaly they keep harping on about couldn't even catch the ball...XD XD XD

And that away support was disgusting...Come on Mahat, you're always on about our attendances..What went wrong last night when only about 500 oinkers turned up..

btw...do us a favour and read what row and seat you were in last night off your ticket stub..;)

braggyowl
18-03-2014, 11:04 AM
And off he logs!!!!!

Owler
19-03-2014, 06:56 PM

Get your facts right before posting drivel, we took over 1,000 at A?36 a ticket, still double what you took to Preston.

I can understand why your away support is so poor after watching that rubbish Monday night.

mahatmafoot
20-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Records show just over 800, even 1000 is pathetic. As for our away support, there's only so much money to go around and as it was on TV that made some difference.
ps from Glossop to Preston is hardly a 2 hour journey in my Lamboghini Jazz.
Having said that even with the run you're on to get less than 18000 fans against one of the top Championship sides is totally embarrassing. Still if you don't give freebie tickets away then that's all you can expect.

helmut_rooster
20-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Records show just over 800, even 1000 is pathetic. As for our away support, there's only so much money to go around and as it was on TV that made some difference.
Having said that even with the run you're on to get less than 18000 fans against one of the top Championship sides is totally embarrassing. Still if you don't give freebie tickets away then that's all you can expect.

18,029 pig, that over "less than 18000" XD

Rotherhamowl10
20-03-2014, 09:23 AM

18K is still better than 15K, no matter how much you try and dress it up.

oh and these 'free tickets', you must direct me to these deals...save me a small fortune.

hirstyboywonder
20-03-2014, 06:05 PM

Only so much money to go around.

Even if we allow you the TV excuse, what about the combined 700 for your previous 2 away matches?

Owler
20-03-2014, 09:26 PM

Our game at Leeds was on tv and with tickets costing 36 pounds I reckon this might have been reason we didn't take as many as we usually do.

So reason your away support is poor every game is because your fans can't afford it.

18,000 for a midweek game is not half as embarrassing as getting 15,000 for a play off semi final and this was with reduced ticket prices.

Just think, we're taking well over 4,000 to Doncaster, this might be more than what you've taken away in all your l