PDA

View Full Version : astroturf at the theatre! sacrilege, best pitch in scotland!

tanbo
16-03-2014, 12:32 AM
KILMARNOCK boss Allan Johnston hopes the grass will be greener for his side if the club press ahead with plans for a plastic pitch at Rugby Park.

Reports on Friday suggested the Ayrshire side were considering installing an AstroTurf surface.

The club have already announced a deal that will see investor Billy Bowie help wipe out the clubs A?9.4million debt owed to the Bank of Scotland.

The move will also see chairman Michael Johnston step down from his position at the end of the season - although still retaining a place on the board - and the Park Hotel sold to Bowie in order to pay off some of the debt.

And boss Johnston believes the pitch plan is another positive step.

The Killie manager, whose side were beaten 3-0 by Celtic on Friday night, said: There have been a few different ideas spoken about. But putting down AstroTurf makes sense.
It would allow the club to train in the town again rather than having to do it up in Glasgow. That would be a good idea. It would allow us to ge

KillieKingdom
20-03-2014, 12:27 AM
[color=blue]Good point there Tanbo, we do have one of the best drainage systems in the SPFL - so why the need for astroturf is beyond me. :?

speedy100
22-03-2014, 09:36 AM
SEEMS LIKE A WASTE OF MONEY.WHY REPLACE A GOOD PLAYING SURFACE WITH SOMETHING ARTIFIAL:? :? :?

LondonKillieIII
07-11-2014, 01:46 PM
While football fans across the country are looking to see how their club will fare this season, at Kilmarnock FC the biggest change has been at pitch level. Gone is the previous grass turf and in its place, a brand new 3G pitch which is transforming the club for the better.

Paul Di Giacomo, Kilmarnock FC Community Engagement Manager said, “I first heard about the plans before Christmas last year and all the staff agreed this was a great idea. From that point until the announcement in June there was lots of consultation, from the Chairman and all the way down to the staff.”

Rugby Park is now a facility that can be used seven days a week and the benefits are clear, even in the short few weeks it has been available for use. Paul said, “Previously the first team had trained in Glasgow and it’s not great to be an Ayrshire based club that has to train outwith the local area. It was also hard sometimes to get the players to engage locally as they’d have to travel from Glasgow to Kilmarnock

tanbo
08-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Definitely has been for the betterment of the club, i was there today 11am to pick up the new barcode season ticket and from what i could see there was at least 16 mini kickers games going on. Even spotted ex killie and now county manager Jim McIntyre going for a peek.