PDA

View Full Version : Should Hibs "do an Aberdeen"?

Godflesh
16-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Im not suggesting we bleat on (see what I did there?) about casuals and footwear and have a strange attraction to sheep. But last summer, Aberdeen recognised the fact that Rangers and Hearts were out of the equation and invested significantly. Significantly and wisely. Hibs didn't. Today Aberdeen have a cup final, possibly another to come and are likely to qualify for the Champions League competition. Hibs don't.

Im not the sort of fan who thinks that tossing money at the club is the answer to all problems. But if there was EVER a time to take a slight risk it was last summer. Instead, we continued on our path of safety and prudence. But lets be honest, they aren't things that attract people to a club.

Im not suggesting we spunk our money up against a wall like Hearts - resulting in teetering on the brink, the ripping off of fans and the employment of registered *** offenders cos no one with a shred of integrity will touch us with a barge pole. But had we followed the path

theoldman
16-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Totaly agree God feel a lot of the fans felt the same, the ironic thing was that a few of the players that went to aberdeen were also linked to Hibs in the tabloids.
Flood
Robson
Rooney
Haynes etc
All good quality players but turned down the chance to come to ER under Fenlon and went to Aberdeen. Fenlon found it difficult to attract quality players. Butcher didn't have a budget to attract Ronney to ER and then we were punted oot the scottish cup by Raith >:(
This Hibs team are gasping for decent quality pros and characters in the dressin room.
With finishing in the bottom six this will leave Butcher a pittence to try and attract players.
As I said I totaly agree and need to push the boat out slightly to get.

Good Right Back
Good Central Defender
Good Wide players
A goal Scorer

And thats just to get us into the top six thats if we manage to miss the paly off >:(
Don't lose the faith completly God lets hope Butcher can change things around.

OFFLEYHIBEE
19-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Yes-they should have

I,ve been saying this for ages

we had a real chance with the Huns and Hertz out of it-still do but not next season if Rod Paltry remains in charge

I travelled 600 mile round trip to see the Dundee Utd Friday match-not again for a long time

by the way the Hibs " fans" in the East Stand hurling abuse at all of our young players is not what I expected or remember -!

maybe we,re all getting fed up-I,m with you

1875STEVE
20-03-2014, 11:24 PM
Aberdeen's budget is, from what I heard, SLIGHTLY bigger than ours, but ours has been bigger the previous 4 or 5 years.

Put in to context Hibs spent 250k on a striker and 75k on a centre half in the summer, and I can't see there been much, if any, difference in the budgets.

What Aberdeen HAVE done that has, at this moment, left us behind, is appoint a cracking manager.

IMO, THAT'S the difference.

Hibs went from Calderwood, who shipped out Hughes' team, to Fenlon, who shipped out Calderwood's team.

Now Butcher, (who IMO will prove to be a superb appointment, hopefully on the same level as McInnes is proving to be), has to deal with dross Fenlon has left.

As I predicted the last 3 appointments, it's a vicious circle we need to get out of, or it's going to keep happening.

What Aberdeen are finding out is that if you put a good side on the park, the crowds come back.

I believe the are averaging nearly 12k, and took 40,000 to a cup final.

Look not to far back in our history.

Durin

afc_1983
21-03-2014, 11:47 PM
[quote="1875STEVE"]Aberdeen's budget is, from what I heard, SLIGHTLY bigger than ours, but ours has been bigger the previous 4 or 5 years.

Put in to context Hibs spent 250k on a striker and 75k on a centre half in the summer, and I can't see there been much, if any, difference in the budgets.

What Aberdeen HAVE done that has, at this moment, left us behind, is appoint a cracking manager.

Hibs went from Calderwood, who shipped out Hughes' team, to Fenlon, who shipped out Calderwood's team.

Now Butcher, (who IMO will prove to be a superb appointment, hopefully on the same level as McInnes is proving to be), has to deal with dross Fenlon has left.

As I predicted the last 3 appointments, it's a vicious circle we need to get out of, or it's going to keep happening.

What Aberdeen are finding out is that if you put a good side on the park, the crowds come back.

I believe the are averaging nearly 12k, and took 40,000 to a cup fina

1875STEVE
23-03-2014, 07:32 PM
[quote="afc_1983"]Aberdeen's budget is, from what I heard, SLIGHTLY bigger than ours, but ours has been bigger the previous 4 or 5 years.

I believe the are avera