PDA

View Full Version : So frustrating

Fargone
16-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Sheerin "we threw everything at Airdrie but just couldn't score, even against 10 men". Story of our season, being unable to grind out a deserved result, allowing near rivals a big advantage. Great effort but not much quality or composure - view external link (www.arbroath-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/so_frustrating_827734/index.shtml)

Brizaldo
16-03-2014, 12:51 PM
I think we are doomed, Yesterday was a must win

ectolichtie
16-03-2014, 01:04 PM
2 threads again on the same game, really

timlichtie
16-03-2014, 02:14 PM
[quote="Fargone". Story of our season, being unable to grind out a deserved result, allowing near rivals a big advantage. Great effort but not much quality or composure[/quote]

Sums it up perfectly for me. There is no doubt that PS knows what he is trying to achieve with this team but has been let down all season by a vulnerability at the back. The real damage was done weeks ago before we got Nicol into midfield. We are now capable of beating the drop if we finish in the playoff place, so all is not lost.

Bellevue
16-03-2014, 07:13 PM
[quote="Fargone". Story of our season, being unable to grind out a deserved result, allowing near rivals a big advantage. Great effort but not much quality or composure[/quote]

Sorry, cannot agree. You get what you deserve and we haven't competed well enough to deserve anything other than what we have.
It's been said before that the league table doesn't lie. The teams who play consistently well will be at or near the top of the league, the teams that don't will be at or near the bottom of the league. We have been piss poor all season, but continue to flatter ourselves that we are better than we are. Time to take off the maroon tinted spectacles and face facts, 7 wins in 29 games is relegation material.
It's a sad state of affairs when hoping to make the relegation play-offs would be considered to be a success. Even if we manage that there is no guarantee that we woul

SassenachSteve10
16-03-2014, 07:39 PM
You hit the nail smack on the head mate

Nonsmokingsmokie
16-03-2014, 08:01 PM
2 threads again on the same game, really

Don't agree. The earlier thread was the fans' immediate reaction, this seems to be the `considered view' of the managers and it's prompted some longer-term observations beynd the single game. I think I prefer it this way. Mustn't get too OCD

Agree with others that we've not been good enough all season. However there has been some bite an purpose in the displays these last few weeks which we could have done with earlier. And it is this as well as the determination shown again yesterday that means I haven't given up yet

I've been wondering whether the more purist football approach espoused by Sheerin and enjoyed by the fans has also, on its more negative reverse side, been the reason we haven't had the players or the toughness to grind out results. Despite all the usual cliches about `the league table never lies', I think our team is no worse than 3-4 others in this league - but th

ectolichtie
16-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Still 2 threads on the same game