PDA

View Full Version : Loovens & OO8

JZ66
16-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Well to be truthful I've been watching the Owls for many years and can remember some really great centre half's. But like our fellow fans on OT are saying,, can you honestly remember a better pairing than Loovens and Onyewu in recent years.
I was gutted when Gardner got injured earlier in the season. But if these two could be signed on permanent deals I'd be well happy.
We talk a lot about strikers but in my opinion these two have been very consistent ! AWAW !

banno
16-03-2014, 10:24 PM
spot on.
got to be the main priority in the summer to sign them on long term deals.

Katchouro
16-03-2014, 10:35 PM
You've had Loovens this season because of circumstance and Dave Jones contacts book - he won't be with you next season, he's a bit too good for another relegation scrap.

Onyewu's international career looks to be over after his dismal display against Ukraine in Cyprus. Klinsmann likes his players to play overseas, without having to worry about this the lure of big money deals to join the MLS will be attractive to him. Besides his wages are far higher than what you are able to pay.

hirstyboywonder
16-03-2014, 11:58 PM
You've had Loovens this season because of circumstance and Dave Jones contacts book - he won't be with you next season, he's a bit too good for another relegation scrap.

Onyewu's international career looks to be over after his dismal display against Ukraine in Cyprus. Klinsmann likes his players to play overseas, without having to worry about this the lure of big money deals to join the MLS will be attractive to him. Besides his wages are far higher than what you are able to pay.

Then we will have to find someone else to play for one of the best supported teams in the Championship.
Will your best player - a loaned full-back - you were oh so critical of us using the loan system but I guess its ok when it suits - be tempted to play 3rd division football again next season?

banno
17-03-2014, 12:39 AM

Yes yes we all read the papers too but you also have to take into account they are already at the club, so we are at worse in with a shout.
These are 2 top drawer players, that we've proven that we can still attract to the club be it loan or otherwise.
Who knows what the summer may bring :-)

Katchouro
17-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Then we will have to find someone else to play for one of the best supported teams in the Championship.

With a budget in the bottom five of the Championship ... thought you'd know that seeing as banno says you all read the papers. ;D Your old Chairman Lee Strafford currently spouting you'll be in administration in two years - any comments about that?

And you're predictably misquoting me. Using the loan system can be a strength, overusing it a definite weakness.

Anything else you lot want to know about your club, just tip me the wink and I'll fill you in.

braggyowl
17-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Katch...Oh fck it...Can't be bothered!

braggyowl
17-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Well to be truthful I've been watching the Owls for many years and can remember some really great centre half's. But like our fellow fans on OT are saying,, can you honestly remember a better pairing than Loovens and Onyewu in recent years.
I was gutted when Gardner got injured earlier in the season. But if these two could be signed on permanent deals I'd be well happy.
We talk a lot about strikers but in my opinion these two have been very consistent ! AWAW !

Brilliant post mate. :star:

banno
17-03-2014, 03:10 PM

With a budget in the bottom five of the Championship ... thought you'd know that seeing as banno says you all read the papers. ;D Your old Chairman Lee Strafford currently spouting you'll be in administration in two years - any comments about that?

And you're predictably misquoting me. Using the loan system can be a strength, overusing it a definite weakness.

Anything else you lot want to know about your club, just tip me the wink and I'll fill you in.[/quote]

I've got one, could you tell us who is the highest placed (and therefore best) and best supported club in Sheffield ?

i'll give you a clue, they're called THE WEDNESDAY

Katchouro
17-03-2014, 10:52 PM
You say that with such pride bannochops - I suppose finishing higher than the more illustrious neighbours is the only achievable aim you have these days.

When it comes to glory though, I think you'll agree that reaching an FA Cup semi final trumps avoiding relegation in the Championship. The 2013/14 season has been all about United.

aussieowl
17-03-2014, 11:40 PM
You say that with such pride bannochops - I suppose finishing higher than the more illustrious neighbours is the only achievable aim you have these days.

When it comes to glory though, I think you'll agree that reaching an FA Cup semi final trumps avoiding relegation in the Championship. The 2013/14 season has been all about United.

"glory"...if it was a choice Katch, would you rather avoid relegation or reach the semi final..I'm pretty sure a semi final would be soon forgotten if relegation followed in May...you can't compare the two, avoiding relegation is the obvious priority every season.

hirstyboywonder
18-03-2014, 09:25 AM

Now we all no for sure to take anything you write with a pinch of salt (as if we didn't already).

So if it had been us that reached the semi-final we would have been happy even if we had ended up back in division 3 with you at the end of the season?
I think not.
Enjoy your 4th successive season in division 3, at least you got to a semi-final, even though in another thread you have stated to Banno that certain league results are more important than winning semi-finals. Make your mind up.

Katchouro
18-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Couple of bizarre responses. Surely any fan would want to achieve in the league AND win through to a semi final. If there was a South Yorkshire season review of the 2013/14 campaign United's cup run would be take precedent over you slumping to safety by drawing at home to Yeovil and beating 9 men Barnsley.

But we've lurched OT. Back to the Dutchmen and the Gooch - I'll be surprised if either of them are with you next season, as such.

braggyowl
19-03-2014, 02:08 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And there goes a reply of a very desperate man.

hirstyboywonder
19-03-2014, 05:08 PM
Couple of bizarre responses. Surely any fan would want to achieve in the league AND win through to a semi final. If there was a South Yorkshire season review of the 2013/14 campaign United's cup run would be take precedent over you slumping to safety by drawing at home to Yeovil and beating 9 men Barnsley.

But we've lurched OT. Back to the Dutchmen and the Gooch - I'll be surprised if either of them are with you next season, as such.

Yes any fan would want to achieve success in both league and cup. Unless you win the cup your league failure ultimately trumps your cup run as barring a m***cle it means you will be playing 3rd division football again next season.

The priority at the start for you was promotion.

Our aim was to improve on last season. This was made very difficult by our start to the season but now looks possible in terms of both points and position.

As for Loovens and Gooch not playing for us next season, who w

banno
19-03-2014, 05:33 PM

b/s, get to the final or forget it like the rest of us will.
i have trouble remembering who won last seasons cup, i certainly don't remember who was in the semi.
WEDNESDAY is where the majority of sheffield watch there football!

Katchouro
19-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Yes any fan would want to achieve success in both league and cup. Unless you win the cup your league failure ultimately trumps your cup run as barring a m***cle it means you will be playing 3rd division football again next season.

Our aim was to improve on last season. This was made very difficult by our start to the season but now looks possible in terms of both points and position.

As for Loovens and Gooch not playing for us next season, who will star man Brayford turn out for?

A third tier team winning through to the last 4 of the greatest cup competition in world domestic football - yep it's a big deal, just your bitterness and resentment is preventing you from recognising it. You're as bitter as braggy.

Some real sensitive and delicate souls on this thread, all I said is Loovens and Onyewu won't be with you next season and you take this as a slight.

As for the B

banno
19-03-2014, 07:30 PM

As for Loovens and Gooch not playing for us next season, who will star man Brayford turn out for?

A third tier team winning through to the last 4 of the greatest cup competition in world domestic football - yep it's a big deal, just your bitterness and resentment is preventing you from recognising it. You're as bitter as braggy.

Some real sensitive and delicate souls on this thread, all I said is Loovens and Onyewu won't be with you next season

hirstyboywonder
19-03-2014, 08:19 PM

Some real sensitive and delicate souls on this thread, all I said is Loovens and Onyewu won't be with you next season

braggyowl
20-03-2014, 06:23 AM
As I said before lads, desperate posting from a desperate man...

Enjoy your game against Hull katch...

We know we will.

sexypistol
26-03-2014, 07:39 AM

Slumping to safety??? Cruising to mid table and beyond more like XD I will enjoy watching South Yorkshires number ONE side next season and you will be watching the worst. Just think, Barnsley, Donny and Rovrum all above you. XD XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
26-03-2014, 09:43 AM
Loovens and Onyewu have been fantastic. I would love both to stay at the club and I think there is a strong possibility they will, despite what fans of rivals clubs claiming they know different ,and that they wouldn't want to be involved in another relegation scrap...despite us being 16 points clear purely because we drew to Yeovil and beat 9 men Barnsley...I must have dreamt that we beat teams like Leicester, Brighton, QPR and Reading

Owler
27-03-2014, 07:37 PM

I think I can safely say we've avoided relegation by a distance, so much so that we're now closer to play offs than relegation, not that I'm saying that we'll reach the play offs but a top 10 finish is very achievable which will mean that we have progressed for the third season running.

Now you tell us the progress your club's made over last 3 seasons? :D

braggyowl
28-03-2014, 11:05 AM
They actually believe they're gonna qualify for Europe...XD XD XD XD XD XD

There's more chance of Katch talking any sense on here...XD XD XD XD XD

Europe...XD XD XD

Rotherhamowl10
28-03-2014, 12:01 PM
They actually believe they're gonna qualify for Europe...XD XD XD XD XD XD

There's more chance of Katch talking any sense on here...XD XD XD XD XD

Europe...XD XD XD

The latest headline in the star was 'Premiership in 5 years' XD XD