PDA

View Full Version : Utd 1st goal

skippy91
17-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Just seen the 1st Dundee Utd goal... what a f@#kin disgrace totally incompetent match officials again three players off-side. A decision that may well have an impact on us come the end of the season.

Wellup4it
17-03-2014, 11:56 PM
Just seen the 1st Dundee Utd goal... what a f@#kin disgrace totally incompetent match officials again three players off-side. A decision that may well have an impact on us come the end of the season.
United have been playing in fits and starts and on their day are a good side. However they have been enjoying more than their fair share of good luck. Apart from the recent St Mirren game they were lucky not to concede a stonewall penalty against us and were lucky to have their 2nd goal stand.

bheron
18-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Just seen the 1st Dundee Utd goal... what a f@#kin disgrace totally incompetent match officials again three players off-side. A decision that may well have an impact on us come the end of the season.I have not seen it, however I don't think that under the rules as they stand, that you can have 3 players offside!. I believe that you are only given offside when you become an active part of play, for example, if some one passes to you. Therefore as far as I understand it, only 1 player can be offside, as the other two would be inactive

wellowell
18-03-2014, 09:46 AM
I have not seen it but heard on radio it was blatantly offside but i am sure you can have 3 offside if they all go for the ball. It used to be you had to touch it but that never lasted long now you just have to go for it so if you stand with hands in air and do nothing your onside but if 3 players standing in offside position and they all go for the same ball their all offside in my opinion may be wrong though as not a ref

mix106
18-03-2014, 11:13 AM
To read some of the views on this you'd think Dundee Utd and Aberdeen are getting tons of luck and we get none, which of course is p1sh.

Decent teams create their own luck. Teams with apparent bad luck create it themselves. How often do you hear folk say if you are bottom of the league you get no breaks and when at the top you get them all. Again utter tosh, all that is happening is those teams that appear to be getting bad breaks are putting themselves in costly positions by allowing the opposition into areas that hurt them and those teams that appear to be getting the breaks are playing well and putting weaker teams into positions where breaks / mistakes lead to goals.

For all the refereeing breaks Aberdeen seem to have got against us the referee wouldn't make those kind of mistakes so often if we didn't spend so much time p1ssing about handing possession to teams to allow them to hurt us.

wellowell
18-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Got to disagree with you their mix we have not been getting the rub of the green against top 6 teams this season. Against dundee utd should have had 3 pens got 1 and their 2nd goal was a foul,had a stone waller pen not given in inverness and the decisions against aberdeen are well documented. You can not tell me we have only deserved 1 penalty all season but as said we have been terrible in games as in st j away twice, dundee utd home and deserved nothing but in others we got nothing due to bad decisions and if the old saying is true we are due a lot of decisions over the last 10 games as they always say it evens out over a season

mix106
18-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Got to disagree with you their mix we have not been getting the rub of the green against top 6 teams this season. Against dundee utd should have had 3 pens got 1 and their 2nd goal was a foul,had a stone waller pen not given in inverness and the decisions against aberdeen are well documented. You can not tell me we have only deserved 1 penalty all season but as said we have been terrible in games as in st j away twice, dundee utd home and deserved nothing but in others we got nothing due to bad decisions and if the old saying is true we are due a lot of decisions over the last 10 games as they always say it evens out over a season

...and we've not had the rub of the green against the bottom six? or have we just been terrific against them? The bottom line is Aberdeen, Dundee Utd have exploited our weaknesses and consequently put themselves in the dominant position to get the breaks. Aberdeen would not have scored a last minute equ

Wellup4it
18-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Decent teams create their own luck. Teams with apparent bad luck create it themselves. How often do you hear folk say if you are bottom of the league you get no breaks and when at the top you get them all. Again utter tosh, all that is happening is those teams that appear to be getting bad breaks are putting themselves in costly positions by allowing the opposition into areas that hurt them and those teams that appear to be getting the breaks are playing well and putting weaker teams into positions where breaks / mistakes lead to goals.

Some truth in what you say but I don't entirely agree. By way of an example - at Tannadice our lad is chasing the ball deep in the United box when Gavin Gunning takes him out off the ball. In now way was that our fault. United have ridden their luck somewhat.

Dorset_Steelman
18-03-2014, 09:23 PM
I am no expert but law 11 in itself is quite simple. I have copied and pasted from the Fifa website the whole of law 11(It all makes me sound a bit sad), but really the media men make it all smoke and mirrors. If you look at the actual offence, then it is quite straight forward and basically the opinion of the referee plays a major part in this particular law.

Offside position
It is not an offence in itself to be in an offside position.
A player is in an offside position if he is nearer to his opponents goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent

A player is not in an offside position if
he is in his own half of the field of play or
he is level with the second-last opponent or
he is level with the last two opponents

Offence
A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball
touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee,
involved in active play by interfering with play or
interfering with an opponent or
gaining a

mix106
18-03-2014, 10:24 PM

Some truth in what you say but I don't entirely agree. By way of an example - at Tannadice our lad is chasing the ball deep in the United box when Gavin Gunning takes him out off the ball. In now way was that our fault. United have ridden their luck somewhat.[/quote]

At Firhill Partick Thistle are tearing us a new @rsehole in the first 10/15 mins th

JOHHNYG
18-03-2014, 11:04 PM
5-1 actually.