PDA

View Full Version : Ukraine

bongosdad
18-03-2014, 07:37 AM
Anyone worried?

I don't watch the news much as its full of propaganda and generally depressing.

I've not been following the Ukraine/Russia business but i saw a bit the other day and it looks quite a dangerous situation. With the US being very trigger happy these days its not good.

ozfan
18-03-2014, 11:09 AM
So what is your point? What are you trying to say? You don't watch the news and you're not following the Ukraine/Russia business but it looks dangerous?

bongosdad
18-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Just a little point that it might lead to a nuclear war oz.

av4ever
18-03-2014, 12:00 PM
America trigger happy don't make me laff.

America today with that weak leader Obama is the weakest I have ever known it well since Jimmy Carter was president.

It's not America that's the problem it's all the other rogue nations taking advantage of America's weakness Russia, China, North Korea and Iran they are loving this president.

You only get peace in this would through strength there is no other way.

bongosdad
19-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Obama doesnt pull the strings. Hes a puppet along with the other presidents.

We will only get peice when everyone wakes up and realises war is wrong and stand up to them saying enough is enough.

NuclearDevice
19-03-2014, 09:11 PM
And how do you propose standing up to the Russkies ? Threaten them with a tactical nuclear war ?

Forgive me but isn't this how the 2nd World War started, with the annexation of countries with a strong German population.

Can't wait for Cameron or Milliband or the great warmonger / peace campaigner / appeaser Blair to come back from Moscow waving a bit of paper. :( :( :s :s :/ :/

It does worry me what happens next, and where it could lead to.

But how do you stop a bully - there's no teachers in the playground (*), and the bully has got a few dodgy mates (**) who're willing to pitch in.

(* - UN is useless, and ** Iraq / Iran / North Korea / and other rogue states would happily bloody the West's nose with a few well aimed missiles if push came to shove).

bongosdad
20-03-2014, 01:24 PM
War should be banned!

ozfan
20-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Now there's a novel idea. Any idea what the first steps to that should be? Make a sign? Expose those fueling conflicts to sell arms?

Optimistically there will be more huffing and puffing from both sides and then back to a distrusting peace. If they want to be Russian. Fine. Let them be.