PDA

View Full Version : Cowdenbeef

JRSLEFTPEG
18-03-2014, 12:21 PM
Can't see us slipping up here . Cowdenbeath were really unfortunate not to beat us last time here but we were struggling and this will be a different game .If it wasn't for the unlucky 10 man defeat against Dundee and daylight robbery versus Falkirk then our record over four months or so would be outstanding . We haven't leathered anyone this season and it could be a difficult afternoon for the Fifers . We should win and continue our fine form . The catalyst of our improving form has been getting Zander Clark in goal on loan . He has been outstanding and a real rock at the back ably assisted by our back four . It would be marvellous to get him in permanent but don't think this will happen .. I can see his game time at Palmerston being the springboard for him to be a SPL regular like Robbie Neilson and Jaime McDonald before .These two also really benefited from their spells here . Queens seem to have got better as the season goes on and still stick by my prediction that we will be at h

fatfan
18-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I agree that this is a game that we should be winning as long as complacency doesn't set in. You just have to look at rangers and albion rovers. As long as the players approach this game as if we were playing Dundee or Hamilton then we should take the three points, however i don't think we will be hammering them as they will be fighting for every point they can get now. With the way the league is every game is going to be like a cup final, with queens desperate on the win to maintain there push for play off/promotion and the blue Brazil desperate to avoid relegation/play off.

ALBERTZ_11
21-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Craig Charleston is the referee tomorrow. He reffed the game at Palmerston earlier this season when we won against St Mirren.

qosdreamer
21-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Cowden seem to have a decent attack but we have looked so solid at the back lately.Chris Mitchells deadball delivery will be as important as ever where again we have a real threat.We must take advantage of our home games.

palmylad
21-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Cowden seem to have a decent attack but we have looked so solid at the back lately.Chris Mitchells deadball delivery will be as important as ever where again we have a real threat.We must take advantage of our home games.

Just read that Kane Hemmings is still injured & will miss tomorrow's game

Palmyman
21-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Despite getting hammered last week the Blue Brazil have had a few excellent results recently beating Dundee, Hamilton and Raith which won boss Jimmy Nicoll the Championship manager of the month award for February. Good news if Hemmings is still out injured as he has 19 goals in all games this season.

palmylad
22-03-2014, 05:19 PM
The score line may suggest a close game but the reality is Queens should of & could of scored 5 or 6 with the amount of chances created today .

Gave away a goal in injury time but it was too late for Cowdenbeath to try & snatch an undeserved draw

MCMXIX
22-03-2014, 06:28 PM
The score line may suggest a close game but the reality is Queens should of & could of scored 5 or 6 with the amount of chances created today .

Gave away a goal in injury time but it was too late for Cowdenbeath to try & snatch an undeserved draw

Queens were by far the better side and should really have buried Cowdenbeath but missed too many opportunities . The scrabbled consolation goal by Cowdenbeath at the end kind of spoiled our easy victory . It's always nice no win with a clean sheet but it's another three points on the board and we're now only two behind Falkirk in 3rd

JRSLEFTPEG
22-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Not much chat yet. Easy win and could/should have been more with countless chances missed. Zander so nearly got another clean sheet and he will be dissapointed he didn't. We have undoubtedly got more solid as the season has went on but are only spectacular in short spells . This seems enough to beat most in this league at the moment though. These play offs are getting closer and we should all be looking forward to them as one thing we have is momentum. Higgins was solid today and a player of Durnans quality was hardly missed . I do understand that the opposition was not that tough today though . Again , well done McIntyre . Your team are giving you everything no doubt . Our back line and goalkeeper are excellent and the solid foundation our good results are built on. Bring on the Bairns on May 6/7 th.

rjc_1988
22-03-2014, 07:42 PM
As others have said we missed a lot of great chances and it was disappointing to lose a late goal from a punt that Zander should have been coming for.

Cowdenbeath were decent enough and if Hemmings had played I suspect that they would have carried more threat.

Still feel that the inclusion of Russell wide left is a bit baffling as he hasn't really played well since his sending off at Morton and his valuable early goals have dried up. Still don't know why he isn't seen as a contender for a striking role.

Hopefully Paton will be fit enough to start against Dundee and it would be good to have Durnan back.

We haven't beaten any of the top 3 away from home and Tuesday would be a great time to start!

deek5trans
22-03-2014, 08:46 PM
Never mind 4th spot, 3rd is a real possibility.

As said, the scoreline didn't reflect the game. Could have easily finished 6 or 7 - 1

I would bench Russell for a few games. Nothing seems to be working for him just now and his confidence looks low. Agree he should be playing up front but this is never going to happen. Danny deserves a run out IMO.

qosdreamer
22-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Probably the most comfortable League game of the season.We should really have hit 5 or 6.Gavin,Russell and McHugh should have added to our tally and ump**** dead balls flashed by Higgins,Dowie and Holty.We seemed to shoot when the pass was on and pass when the shot was on.We can't complain though as we are looking strong if not always spectacular at the right time.
Greg Stewart looked capable for Cowden and the left back had something about him but the two centre halfs and the keeper were exposed to pace.
Iain Russell looked low on confidence.Holty was poor with his passing early on its the part of his game holding him back.Kerr is either very assured or gives the ball away.
Best for us were Dowie,Burns,Mitchell and Reilly.Great clearance from Higgins from Zanders parry and unlucky not to score a second.Mitchells dead ball delivery was again excellent.
We should give Dundee plenty of problems.

Auld_Chippy
23-03-2014, 12:58 AM
Like last weeks game at Alloa this was not a classic but another three points on board is the main thing. Third spot is now well within our sights and if we can maintain this form then our match V Falkirk on the 12th of April could be even more crucial.

Lefty3
23-03-2014, 09:45 AM
I thought Queens midfield was poor the 1st half yesterday. They were not creating anything for the strikers, and not retaining possession.Big difference the 2nd half half with the introduction of Paton and Lyle, and Queens could have scored another four or five.The defence looked pretty solid again, and our centre backs are a goal threat at set pieces.Russell and Mc hugh were pretty in-effective again, and i think it's time they were warming the bench.Queens have nothing to fear against Dundee, and Gav will cause havoc to their defence.Up the Queens!

QOS_MAD_ADMIN
23-03-2014, 11:39 AM
As others have said we missed a lot of great chances and it was disappointing to lose a late goal from a punt that Zander should have been coming for.

Cowdenbeath were decent enough and if Hemmings had played I suspect that they would have carried more threat.

[color=blue]Still feel that the inclusion of Russell wide left is a bit baffling as he hasn't really played well since his sending off at Morton and his valuable early goals have dried up. Still don't know why he isn't seen as a contender for a striking role.[/color=blue]

Hopefully Paton will be fit enough to start against Dundee and it would be good to have Durnan back.

We haven't beaten any of the top 3 away from home and Tuesday would be a great time to start!

Russell has gone right of the boil of late,missing chances and losing possession in dangerous areas. In my humble opinion our best option up front is the tenacious Reilly and the crafty Lyle ...