PDA

View Full Version : Remove the band petition!

CoD_SW3
18-03-2014, 09:00 PM
I think it is safe to say that many of us agree, the band at Hillsborough have had their day. They deaden the atmosphe by interrupting songs and driving fans away to the north stand, splitting the "singers" and diluting the atmosphere massively. After a lot of talk and not much action, I have set up a petition for the band's removal, unfortunately because of weird character limits on this site I cannot post the link but it is on www.thepetitionsite.com, there is a link to it on owlstalk as well. Fans of other clubs can also get involved, as I think the same sentiments are felt towards them when they are booming and parping away at Wembley, getting them removed at Hillsborough would be a firm signal towards improving the atmosphere at Wembley as well. UTO

hirstyboywonder
18-03-2014, 11:12 PM
[quote="CoD_SW3" and diluting the atmosphere massively. After a lot of talk and not much action, I have set up a petition for the band's removal, unfortunately because of weird character limits on this site I cannot post the link but it is on www.thepetitionsite.com, there is a link to it on owlstalk as well. Fans of other clubs can also get involved, as I think the same sentiments are felt towards them when they are booming and parping away at Wembley, getting them removed at Hillsborough would be a firm signal towards improving the atmosphere at Wembley as well. UTO[/quote]

Despite the fact I am not a fan of the band, posting this petition on here at a time when we were actually playing a home game does seem a little strange. You want the band remove

aussieowl
18-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Wouldn't have thought a petition is the way to go with this, you only get negative views that way...a poll on entering the ground would be a fairer way of doing it...maybe more people like them than not, personally I can't stand the racket they make.

Rotherhamowl10
19-03-2014, 09:04 AM
I am not a fan of the band, but by god they have rescued some awful atmospheres on a cold Tuesday night in years gone by.

Sadly, the Kop now relies on the band for atmosphere due to how many years they have been there. At first it was a good idea and created a great atmosphere, but now I think they have had their time.

If you don't like them, come over to the North stand. A much better view, facilities and atmosphere, I moved about 5 years ago and it's the best stand to watch football at Hillsborough by far.

braggyowl
19-03-2014, 02:06 PM
I've been in the North a few seasons now but must say when I was on the Kop the band never bothered me that much...I certainly wouldn't sign a petition to have them removed.

banno
19-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Nowadays I sit in the south (due to my age and need to moan) but I've lost count the amount of times that the band have rescued the atmosphere over the years.
Keep the band!
After all WAWAW

braggyowl
19-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Exactly Banno...Signing something like that would be like going against your fellow Owls..
I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

W A W A W

hirstyboywonder
19-03-2014, 05:11 PM
I am not a fan of the band, but by god they have rescued some awful atmospheres on a cold Tuesday night in years gone by.

Sadly, the Kop now relies on the band for atmosphere due to how many years they have been there. At first it was a good idea and created a great atmosphere, but now I think they have had their time.

If you don't like them, come over to the North stand. A much better view, facilities and atmosphere, I moved about 5 years ago and it's the best stand to watch football at Hillsborough by far.

Just about the same path that I have followed, reckon I have got one of the best views in the ground now.
In this day and age you would think they could make a better fist of the TV's though. I guess that and a pulled pint is what you pay the extra money for in the South!

aussieowl
19-03-2014, 08:21 PM
I moved about 5 years ago and it's the best stand to watch football at Hillsborough by far.

I was a Kopite for 15 years before moving t'North...North Stand is the best place in Hillsborough to watch the game...I never had the band to contend with during my Kop days but on a recentish trip home I had the misfortune to be seated near them for one game...awful noise at times but they did seem to get some other lads singing.