PDA

View Full Version : Gobsmacked

Les_bradds_lad
18-03-2014, 10:00 PM
a cawnt speyke shocking defending :blue:

WhoRYa
18-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Couldn't make the game tonight but I've just seen all the goals on SSN.
He may have played a blinder for the rest of the game but Ramis's defending for all 3 Yeovil goals was rank amateur at best. Dire. He was also at fault for Ipswich's goal at the weekend
Hopefully Rosler will have a word!!!

Les_bradds_lad
18-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I thought he couldn't play two games in a week obviously he can't with that display first goal was started by JB faffing about then getting tackled resulting in him being out of place similer to the second Boycee received a suicide pass resulting in him being tackled and out of position the third was just so last season I'm afraid

WhoRYa
18-03-2014, 10:21 PM
For their first when the ball is played over the top Ramis is neither looking at the ball or looking round for any forward. You can then see him react when he finally looks up & sees the Yeovil guy with the ball
For the second he completely misjudges the flight of the ball & then stands off Miller allowing him to get the shot away
For the third he winds up ball watching & loses his man. For a defender to wind up defending a corner in his own 6 yard area about a foot from & facing the goal is shocking

Watch Ipswich's goal on Saturday - he gets the initial header away which isn't the best & then gets caught in 2 minds about what to do next. He ends up dong nothing & let's his man drift away from him who is then able to get a free shot away.

He needs to start pulling his finger out - view external link (A)

twofootedchallenge
18-03-2014, 11:32 PM
on form we should have battered them but from the penalty save it was down hill.

After the break I thought Uwe would have got stuck into them and we came out looked more lively. but after the goal we got caught messing about at the back like last year instead of going for the kill like in previous games under Uwe.

but hardly a defending masterclass from either side. hopefully we have gotten our blip out of our system and he'll get stuck into them before Watford game.

we all took it for granted I guess

btw I not keen on Powell, hardly featured under Uwe all be it injured but I think hes too soft for this league and I thought Yeovil were fairly dirty. this ref is not good enough for the Prem hes certainly not good enough to ref tonight at a windy tuesday he was so easily fooled. and had a shocker in my opinion, giving us soft yellows and ignoring some filth from them. >:(

any news on ref for semi ...please not Dowd please please...

mightytics
19-03-2014, 09:29 AM
They were the worst side to visit the DW yet score 3 goals.
Why leave McLean on the bench when he is playing as well as he ever has
I agree Powell does nothing for me nor does Maynard
We did so well to get back to 3-2 then how the ball dropped there from a corner is ridicules.
Were was Al Habsi ? he should not be letting a ball drop 2 yards off the line .
Frustrating to say the least
Anyway a point is better than non bring on Watford and get QPR out of the top six LMAO:D

SwinleyLatic
19-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Yeovil are the worst side in this division by far and have not scored 3 goals away from home since they played Drakes Bottom's under 9 dwarfs in the Heinz Treacle Sponge Pudding league in 1972.
That's how badly we defended.

All four at the back were to blame, particularly Ramis who has the uncanny ability to go from pure class to garbage in the blink of an eye.

And I wouldn't blame that Sunday league idiot ref for our defensive shambles.

Does anyone agree with me that with Powell back we look like we've gone back into Coyle mode? As much as he's been brilliant earlier this season we've played better without him.

Still, you could say, a point's a point and if we win on Saturday last night's debacle will all be forgotten.

WhoRYa
19-03-2014, 10:42 AM
As I wasn't there last night I can only go off what mates have told me & it seemed like the type of performance that is always a risk when you make so many changes from the previous game (5) especially when some of those you bring in (McEachran & Powell) have barely played in months. When you then had to bring in another player after 20 odd minutes who hasn't played since before Xmas it was only going to add to that disjointed performance.
In Rosler's defence it has worked mostly so far (although the Sheff Wed game last week was hardky pretty), at least one of the changes was enforced as Barnett was injured, and if you don't try & keep players fresh then with Latics schedule you have the risk of fatigue

Personally I just think that even with the risk of fatigue, you can make too many changes & I think 5 (which then became 6) was too many

Captain_Methven
19-03-2014, 10:49 AM
We have one blip and people go into meltdown mode forgetting the wins on the bounce we have had, bigs wins away against Ipswich, Forest and Sheff Wed also not forgetting wins against Crystal Palace, Cardiff City and Man City all premier league teams.

Unless the wheels really fall off we'll be in the play offs, it would have been a push to get into the top two the way Leicester and Burnley are playing and of the five other teams Derby, QPR, Forest, Reading and Brighton who will fill the other play off slots I'd give us a more than fair chance of beating any of them. I'd go as far as to say we can beat any of those home and away, so one blip against a team figthing for their lives is nothing to worry about.

Captain_Methven
19-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Just adding, who would you rather be? Derby who haven't even scored in their last 5 games let alone won. QPR who got hammered last night against Sheff wed and who are hit and miss at best of late and leaking goals in left, right and center. Forest who haven't won in their last 6 league games. Reading who have only won one in their last five. Brighton who are on good form but amongst that good form is a loss to us or would you rather be us? I know which I'd go for.

WhoRYa
19-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I agree but that still shouldn;t stop people being able to discuss where they think it went wrogn last night.
No-one's panicking, no-one's berating players on the pitch - its a discussion between fans about their own club & I think all of us would be prepared to say its a minor blip on what has mostly been an excellent turnaround under Rosler

"Just adding, who would you rather be?" - No-one. Even if the roles you stated were reversed. I couldn't care less about the fortunes or otherwise of any other club other than mine.
Personally i think that despite the turnaround, there are still things Rosler could improve on. No doubt he knows that too. There's no harm in discussing that between ourselves

jocklatic
19-03-2014, 11:54 AM
I agree but that still shouldn;t stop people being able to discuss where they think it went wrogn last night.
No-one's panicking, no-one's berating players on the pitch - its a discussion between fans about their own club & I think all of us would be prepared to say its a minor blip on what has mostly been an excellent turnaround under Rosler

"Just adding, who would you rather be?" - No-one. Even if the roles you stated were reversed. I couldn't care less about the fortunes or otherwise of any other club other than mine.
Personally i think that despite the turnaround, there are still things Rosler could improve on. No doubt he knows that too. There's no harm in discussing that between ourselves

Whoray
Def agree with you there- as u say no one is berating players etc or going into meltdown, just mere discussion on last nights 2 points dropped. As someone else mentioned, why not play McClean last night, he's on form, just

twofootedchallenge
19-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Yeovil are the worst side in this division by far and have not scored 3 goals away from home since they played Drakes Bottom's under 9 dwarfs in the Heinz Treacle Sponge Pudding league in 1972.
That's how badly we defended.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

defending was shambolic at best from us but we still scored 2 >:)

mightytics
19-03-2014, 01:05 PM
goals - view external link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX11FLDbaRc)

Captain_Methven
19-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Did I say people shouldn't discuss? No, Did I say people were berating players? No. Although Ramis did come in for some stick, probably the same people wanting him in the team when he was fit, what does surprise me although it shouldn't is probably more posts have been made after we draw against Yeovil than were made after we beat Man City.

What people forget is we need to change the team, our lot have been pretty much playing twice a week for the whole season, no idea how many we've played unless I look but mustn't be many teams who've played more than us so far this season. I also doubt come seasons end with luck have it a run in the play offs that many if any teams will have played as many as us, also players have to get some game time under their belts just in case we need them. Yes you'd think we should beat Yeovil but in the end they need the points/point more than us, yes you'd expect our lads to play better but after the run they've been on I'll forgive them for a draw, not li