PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Mr Bojangles

aussieowl
19-03-2014, 05:07 AM
Big Ron was 75 yesterday...great manager for us.

micklyons1hardbstd
19-03-2014, 06:25 AM
ATKINSON'S BARMY ARMY...God bless that man..Happy Birthday, Wednesday legend!

banno
19-03-2014, 06:17 PM
the best football sheffield has seen since at least the 60's.

Katchouro
19-03-2014, 06:53 PM
That Villa team he had was pretty decent. Atkinson, Saunders, Frogatt, Parker, Daley, Yorke, McGrath, Staunton.

Bet he looks back at that as being his best team when he's relaxing listening to some NWA on his iPod.

aussieowl
19-03-2014, 08:31 PM
That Villa team he had was pretty decent. Atkinson, Saunders, Frogatt, Parker, Daley, Yorke, McGrath, Staunton.

Bet he looks back at that as being his best team when he's relaxing listening to some NWA on his iPod.

Not the reply I expected from you Katch..;)

Big Ron had good sides almost everywhere he went, part & parcel of being a great manager...and he was great for us, as banno says, best football at Hillsborough since I can remember.

Katchouro
19-03-2014, 08:38 PM
But weren't you playing like Real Madrid under Laws?

After Jack Charlton and Wilko I can understand the man you would later call 'Judas' being a breath of fresh air.

hirstyboywonder
19-03-2014, 10:06 PM

After Jack Charlton and Wilko I can understand the man you would later call 'Judas' being a breath of fresh air.

At least Laws lasted a while and managed through a difficult period.
The football you started playing under Weir, heralded as the best seen at your place since the 70's lasted how long?

Didn't know you were such a big fan of Dalian Atkinson as mentioned in your Villa post, you do know he once played for us.

aussieowl
20-03-2014, 02:22 AM

Only in dreams have Wednesday ever played like Real Madrid...Laws was/is a great bloke but miles behind Ron when it comes to football style & management skills.

Big Jack turned this club around with his no nonsense approach...Wilko carried on the good work with his own up & at em style which to be honest I thought was very entertaining.

By the way, I've never called Big Ron Judas...so, there we have it, the three best managers we've had in my time mentioned in one post...;)

braggyowl
20-03-2014, 06:11 AM

Couldn't agree more.

aussieowl
21-03-2014, 05:16 AM

Couldn't agree more.[/quote]

What...even better than Bertie Bassett..;)