PDA

View Full Version : That penalty sending off.

aussieowl
19-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Thought Best dived but can understand why the ref gave it from the angle he had...sending off a bit harsh even if it was a pen...do I care?, not really, next week it'll probably happen to us...again.

Owler
19-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Looked a stone wall penalty to me, clipped his heels.

hirstyboywonder
19-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Thought Best dived but can understand why the ref gave it from the angle he had...sending off a bit harsh even if it was a pen...do I care?, not really, next week it'll probably happen to us...again.

Once the ref had given the foul - which replays and the lack of ranting and raving from QPR suggests was the correct decision - he had no option but to send him off.
Denying a clear goal scoring opportunity is a red card offence and Best had a shot on goal from 6 yards out had Dunne not clipped him.

aussieowl
20-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Maybe 50/50 for the send off...he was wide of the goal & close to the keeper...I'm pretty sure all Best was thinking about was going down with the slightest of touches...anyway it doesn't matter, we've had plenty go against us.

braggyowl
20-03-2014, 06:10 AM
Swings and roundabouts...The Wigan keeper should have walked..How he stayed on the pitch was unreal..Don't know what the ref was thinking by giving him a yellow card...
Sh!t happens, as they say.

Rotherhamowl10
20-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Exactly Braggy.

This one wasn't a sending off. Apparently the ref told Barton that if you can get a shot on goal and get brought down, it's classed as a goal scoring opportunity and a red card.

helmut_rooster
20-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Dive for me, never a foul and never a red card.

But, its about time we had some decisions for a change.