PDA

View Full Version : John Sutton

dazlhigh
20-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Not quick, doesn't do rocket shots, mazy dribbles or killer passes; he just scores goals, often from places where the boots are flying.
The man has done it for us his season and deserves more credit than he gets from the punditry.
And about the punditry. I've just read the report on last night's game in 'The Herald'. Despite being a West of Scotland paper, it devoted its headline and the (slightly) greater part of its report to ICT. No harm to Caley, but we've been around longer, we've won more trophies, we have a bigger support, we're further up the SPFL and, of course, we actually won the game.
But it's happened before hasn't it?

jwok
20-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Not just The Herald...I couldn't believe how much time was given over to the ICT viewpoint on the Sportsound post match chatter. There was the usual 30 second nod to praise McCall for Motherwell's continuing success but the overwhelming analysis concluded that Inverness deserved something from the game & should have scored.

I can't recall any praise for the 'Well defence that coped so well with the Inverness attacks.

dasdeid
20-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Not quick, doesn't do rocket shots, mazy dribbles or killer passes; he just scores goals, often from places where the boots are flying.

Reminds me of someone else who once played No9 ... The Cobra
IMO Sutton the better player as contributes more and wins majority of headers he challenges and scoring.
In addition not prone to brawling and been apprehended by Strathclyde Police XD

Gowboy
20-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Got to disagree on that. I like John Sutton -very pleased to have him in Claret and Amber - but Tommy Coyne was a class above him in creative play and in scoring. Don't know anything about a brush with the law.

dasdeid
20-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Completely unaware Tommy Coyne referred to as The Cobra and stand corrected for inaccurate comparison.
I was referring to a player now playing his football in Holland and perhaps should have used The Sloth to avoid confusion :) - view external link (http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news_detail.asp?newsid=1577)

wellin
20-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Sutton has certainly done the business for us this season. I wonder how his scoring rate this season compares to higdons last season. We have had one penalty this season and sutton scored it, higdon scored 26 goals i think but how many were penalties. I think it could be close going by goals scored from open play.

sieb1886
20-03-2014, 10:13 PM
No change to th BBC's perception of the North Lanarkshire area then !!

Wellup4it
20-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Not just The Herald...I couldn't believe how much time was given over to the ICT viewpoint on the Sportsound post match chatter. There was the usual 30 second nod to praise McCall for Motherwell's continuing success but the overwhelming analysis concluded that Inverness deserved something from the game & should have scored.

I can't recall any praise for the 'Well defence that coped so well with the Inverness attacks.

Yes we had to put up with the same biased coverage from Billy Dodds and Richard Gordon. It was totally bizarre how they wittered on ad nauseum about Inverness. John Hughes is undoubtedly a media favourite and a member of the old boys club, but rarely gives an intelligible interview. Why oh why can't the BBC present an unbiased and informed sports programme?

Come the weekend we'll hear all about the OF, Aberdeen and probably St Mirren.