PDA

View Full Version : Will Ayr be overconfident?

Nonsmokingsmokie
20-03-2014, 09:25 PM
Ayr Utd seem to have thrown off their difficult spell winning their last two games 5-0.

I note Ayr fans are getting enthusiastic about prospects for a record-breaking third 5-0 in a row. With defence not being our strong point, you worry they may have some grounds for optimism. Have we not learned how to contain Michael Moffat yet

But we're surely due a change of luck against them. We need to match up to them and dig in. Points needed

timlichtie
20-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Lots of bets going on their third 5 _ 0 in a row. Don't think there will be any under Moffat's own!

We have played well against them without getting anything so far this season. I think we're due some luck. Somerset is practically a home game for me so hope to see some Lichtie fans on Saturday.

Arbroath1
21-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Hopefully they will be overconfident, however believe they have far too much firepower for with Kyle,Malcolm and the deadly Moffat in the team. The Key to beating or indeed drawing with them will be in midfield to try and stop good service to these players. Mind you we have a nasty habit of gifting chances to the opposition and Moffat for one needs no second invitations. Don,t know if Little is suspended but if not i would stick Banj back into Midfield alongside Nicholl and Chis with Sheerin & Bobby Wide. That would leave Cookie to come on with fresh legs. McManus up top and Bobby in a slightly more forward role from Midfield.

4-4-1-1

Again defense could be the key make them work for their goals.

(-:

PS Surely Dunfermline will take care of East Fife ...

smokie_bacon_crisps
21-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Sadly Ricky is suspended for the Ayr and Rangers game so Banjo will have to slot back into his right back role. It did mention this week that they are hopeful that Leighton McIntosh will be back after an ankle knock.

Two really hard games in a row. One bonus for next weekend is that Moshni is suspended for Rangers and hopefully they may play a weakened team as they have the cup final against Raith after they play us.

I think with East Fife facing Dunfermline if we could sneak a draw in Ayr that would be a huge result.

Smokies and Wine

ClashCityRocker
21-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Ayr are there to be beat - they have already lost games this season against teams such as Forfar, Airdrie and Brechin.

Absolutely no reason why Arbroath can't get a win tomorrow - we have been playing good football, and we deserve a few breaks.

Think the the match will bevery close, so hopefully we can sneak an away win and move off the bottom of the league.

Bellevue
21-03-2014, 04:10 PM
Don't see why Ayr should not be confident tomorrow. With Kyle throwing his weight about and Moffat, who is very mobile and quick off the mark, our defence will have their job cut out to contain them. Banjo is probably our only player who can match Moffat for pace and Nicoll is the only one big enough to cope with Kyle's physical style. But if we can get a few breaks and come away with a draw it would be a job well done.
Just hope that Ayr will be overconfident and head for a fall.