PDA

View Full Version : Harry Davis out for the rest of the season

AlexLeicester
21-03-2014, 11:28 AM
The OS says that Davis has suffered a knee injury in training and is out for the rest of the run in.
Not good news at all. Harry has been much improved this season, even during the dire Autumn. The OS says Duggie will go to Gillingham. I suppose that's all SD can do, but Harry will be missed.

AlexonTour
21-03-2014, 12:03 PM
I agree Davis has done very well this season.

I am worried about Duggy as he can be exposed for pace at times and Ray is prone to being caught out of position, but he is young and that is what can happen, until he becomes more experienced (which only gets by playing games).

If we were safe/nearly safe I would not be too concerned, but all the remaining games need to be as error free as possible.

AstonAlex
21-03-2014, 01:01 PM
Our best central defender this season. He may not be as obviously in the action as Mark Ellis, seen heading the ball clear, etc, but his quiet performances and relatively few mistakes make him very consistent.

Duggy is all heart, Gay a walking mistake waiting to happen and, sadly, I think this makes The Great Escape much less likely :(

Guess we will need to score even more now to get our victories.

Timon
21-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Great pity, the improvement from H has been one of the few plus points this season.

My pref would be to put Jon Guthrie at CH & bring Mellor in at RB with Toots across. Get Toots playing with Brad again on the left, Byron with Kelv on the right.

AlsagerCrewie
21-03-2014, 04:23 PM
>:( :( >:( :( >:(
is the loan market still open?

alexmick
21-03-2014, 05:03 PM
I would go with Dugdale initially, as he was extremely unlucky to lose his place last time around. Leaving Tootle in his favoured right back berth seems sensible, as he has blossomed since returning there. Guthrie also improves with every game, so I would personally prefer not to see any changes at present. Let us see how we do tomorrow, before the real important test on Tuesday against Notts County and then at home to Coventry next Saturday.

whosbrianwilson
21-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Can't see the point of changing 3 players to accomodate 1. Toots has been tremendous on his natural side, Guthrie has done really well, but is still learning the ropes, and Kelvin, well he didn't actually look like a footballer when he was dropped.

Straight change for me - Duggy for Harry and see how it goes.

Teammoo
21-03-2014, 06:53 PM
What about our forgotten CB- Mellor. He has more speed than Duggy and has the 1st team experience. Maybe it would help Kelvins confidence.

Timon
21-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Listening to the Artell interview on the radio tonight it seems like til be Duggy. I'm sure he won't let us down.h

MikeSB
21-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Speaking about Artell reminds us that he was considered not good enough when we got promoted but wonder if he would have been any worse than what we have now?

Its a strange logic but as anyone thought that relegation may mean most of the players may be good enough for L2 and offered contract extensions? And by just staying up, most of them wouldn't? ;)