PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea v Arsenal

JimmyV66
22-03-2014, 01:38 PM
Fcking crazy game.

Chelsea 4-0 Arsenal Half time.

Chelsea's 3rd came via a penalty. Alez Oxlade-Chamberlain handball on the line. Ball was going wide and the ref did not see it. Gets told by the 4th offical via his earpiece that it was handball and a red card. Mariner then sends of the wrong player. Instead of A-O-C he sends of Gibbs.

Both sets of players tried telling the ref it was not Gibbs but AOC but still the wrong player gets sent off.

PS no idea where to put this, but i have a spare free ticket for todays game. Reason it is free, you will be sitting next to me. XD

Dont all rush. :P (need to know by 14.50)

PPS bloody fix the site lag footymad, getting worse and worse.

JimmyV66
22-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal.

JimmyV66
22-03-2014, 02:41 PM
That was Wenger's 1000th game as Arsenal manager. XD

Regarding the sending off, so it begins..

"Stan Collymore a??@StanCollymore 32m
All look the same those mixed race boys." :s

KetterinHammer
22-03-2014, 03:00 PM
That was Wenger's 1000th game as Arsenal manager. XD

Regarding the sending off, so it begins..

"Stan Collymore a??@StanCollymore 32m
All look the same those mixed race boys." :s

So Gibbs red card will be recinded. Will Oxley Chamberlain be charged retrospectivly? Or doesnt it work like that ?

JimmyV66
22-03-2014, 03:04 PM
There was a game in league 1 or 2 earlier in the season where the wrong player was sent off.

The player who should have been red carded was given the three match ban. So i guess the same will happen here.

But in 2014, in such a massive game and a game being shown live on TV there is no excuse for what happened.

Surely the 4th offical Taylor could have quicky checked one of the many TV monitors and therefore seen it was not Gibbs but AOC.

BlackDiamond
22-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Well what exactly will Wigan Athletic make of that ? :D

Whiskyman
22-03-2014, 05:13 PM
The whole thing was a shambles. If you watch closely the ref doesn't give the penalty, the linesman doesn't raise his flag, so it's not him either. Then after a few seconds the penalty is given and the wrong player is sent off. This in spite of the Ox clearly saying to the ref "Ref, it was me". Lucky he wasn't sent off for dissent FFS. :D

The referee---Andre Marriner. He's got some previous, hasn't he? XD XD XD

The 4th official---Anthony Taylor. Remember him? Last season's home game v Everton and the 2 later rescinded sending offs.

And running this country's refs---Mike Riley. How can anyone ever forget that muppet FFS.

You couldn't make it up.

Dailly___7
22-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Lots of people trying to lip read what was said by the referee and the players, but I think I've got it.

Here's what was said:

After giving the penalty and wrongly sending off Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamblerlain approached the referee and said, "He didn't do anything. It was me".

The referee replied, "Stay out of it, Walcott."

What an absolute farce. The referee clearly hadn't seen the offence and somebody told him to give the penalty.