PDA

View Full Version : Charton match moved

lord_hooray
22-03-2014, 02:44 PM
Booked the non refundable train tickets a few weeks ago for Charlton and hotel and the inconsiderate tossers have decided to move the game forward a day at this late stage. No reason given.

Tickets were Saturday to Monday.

Is it worth asking BWFC to cover the refund, i bet there are hundreds of fans already purchased trains and flights.

>:( Not happy

garyp1803
22-03-2014, 03:33 PM
You could try Lordy, but I doubt you'll get any joy from BWFC, as you haven't booked anything through them, they will probably just say it's a Charlton problem.

You might be snookered with your train tickets, it might be worthwhile sticking your train tickets on Ebay and trying to sell them separately?

Good luck!

lord_hooray
22-03-2014, 04:39 PM
I rang them, they advised to keep checking the website for updates, nothing has been decided, I asked her does that mean tif they are considering compensation but she couldn't tell me

eric1953
22-03-2014, 06:35 PM
I've been stitched up with this as well. Bought my train tickets about a month ago, having waited until I knew it was not being televised.
I emailed the club yesterday, and also emailed Charlton, but don't hold out much hope.
This is a disgrace, no consideration for supporters. as usual.
As at 6.25pm tonight, it is still not on the BWFC website. It was on Charlton's yesterday morning. So supporters who are not soft in the head like us, who don't check the club website regularly , and why should they ?, may have booked train tickets today for the Saturday.
I just despair, just when you think the club could not be more incompetent, they exceed themselves.
They will have rolled over like a puppy to Charlton's demands, just like they did when Middlesbrough treated us like second class ****e earlier this season.
It could end up saving me over A?400 yearly, because if something is not sorted out with this, I wont be renewing my season ticket, there is only so much crap I will put up wi

campo21
22-03-2014, 10:57 PM
[quote="eric1953"]I've been stitched up with this as well. Bought my train tickets about a month ago, having waited until I knew it was not being televised.
I emailed the club yesterday, and also emailed Charlton, but don't hold out much hope.
This is a disgrace, no consideration for supporters. as usual.
As at 6.25pm tonight, it is still not on the BWFC website. It was on Charlton's yesterday morning. So supporters who are not soft in the head like us, who don't check the club website regularly , and why should they ?, may have booked train tickets today for the Saturday.
I just despair, just when you think the club could not be more incompetent, they exceed themselves.
They will have rolled over like a puppy to Charlton's demands, just like they did when Middlesbrough treated us like second class ****e earlier this season.
It could end up saving me over A?400 yearly, because if something is not sorted out with this, I wont be renewing my season ticke

eric1953
24-03-2014, 11:41 AM
I have just received an email from Charlton saying that anyone who can show that they have lost money with their travel arrangements will be given a free match ticket.

lord_hooray
24-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Eric, have you got the email for Charlton

lord_hooray
24-03-2014, 03:05 PM
sent it to info@cafc.co.uk, see if I get them

eric1953
24-03-2014, 06:52 PM
I sent my email to customerservices@cafc.co.uk

They said that anyone who incurred excess costs in changing their rail travel could contact the ticket office at BWFC and they would receive a free match ticket.

They have to provide documentation, that you booked before 24/03/14.

I rang Trainline and changed my booking, there was a AŁ10 admin charge, but the other ticket was a Saturday Day Card so you got a Day pass for underground, so I had to buy a underground pass.

With the ticket I just about break even.

lord_hooray
24-03-2014, 07:09 PM
You,ve not done too bad Eric, my train tickets were originally A?40 each way ones which were refundable but last week I noticed the robbing *******s had put them down to A?12.50 each way so I got a refund (paying the A?10 fee) and bought new ones. These are non refundable.

So A?35 down, come have been worse I suppose, so if I do get match tickets we will only be a tenner down on each ticket that's if I get them for A?12.50 each again,

But the *******s have ruined the plan to get on the leather On Saturday night in the west end, that's what I am most pissed off about :O

lord_hooray
24-03-2014, 07:17 PM
and i think there is something wrong with my A? sign on my keyboard :s

campo21
24-03-2014, 10:20 PM
It's not your keyboard lord it's this website that has a problem with the A? sign.

lord_hooray
27-03-2014, 10:46 AM
I emailed BWFC on 24th March but no response or even an acknowledgment, they really don't give a **** do they

campo21
27-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I new you wouldn't lord.