PDA

View Full Version : Faddy and Sutty deliver the goods for 'Well

jwok
22-03-2014, 05:55 PM
A better performance today but a nervous finish. Lasley deserves a good night ahead! - view external link (www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/rprt/mtch/faddy_and_sutty_deliver_the_goods_for_well_828326/index.shtml)

Yazz
22-03-2014, 07:38 PM
another 3pts, well done ------ and here's to a Good Night for Las

wellin
22-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Thought we played well today. We should have had the game done and dusted by the hour, but having missed a few chances and some bad finishing were left to sweat a bit at the end. thought vigurs played well today, he's really coming on to a game after a pretty slow start to his well career.

Wellup4it
22-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Another 3 points today - job done. We really did make it hard for ourselves though by not taking our chances and defending poorly especially near the end. I thought that Vigurs had his best game for us yet and showed some real class with his skills in the corner late on. Craig Reid too impressed by defending solidly and charging up the wing to support his strikers. Lest hope we can keep him.

A bit disappointed at our defending though. As usual we retreated into our defensive shell late on, got 11 men behind the ball in our box but still failed to mark the opposition effectively.

skippy91
23-03-2014, 07:29 AM
IMO Ian Vigurs was easily the man of the match some lovely movement, passed the ball well and displayed a lot of confidence and self belief against his former club. As you say craig Reid did very well at right back. Young Craig Moore was also impressive for the short time he was on the pitch. Unfortunately towards the end I, like many around me, had the feeling a 2nd RC goal was coming which, would have been harsh as we were the far better team for much of the game.

allan73
23-03-2014, 08:49 AM
At this stage of the season we find ourselves in a wonderful position again. Vigurs was a stand out for me today. Showed some lovely skill and combined well with Faddy. Reid did well and looks like a proper right back, something we have missed for a long time. Can't actually remember the last actual natural right back we have had. My only concern after today is the squeaky bum defending in the last 10 minutes. At the moment we seem to need at least a three goal lead to be comfortable. When our midfield two run out of steam in the last ten minutes of games we need extra help in there. Would have been tempted to put Leitch on instead of Moore.
8 huge games coming up.

Wellup4it
23-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately towards the end I, like many around me, had the feeling a 2nd RC goal was coming which, would have been harsh as we were the far better team for much of the game.

Likewise. All too often we have no problem in getting 11 men behind the ball but the problem is that they tend to be packed in the penalty box. Despite having these guys behind the ball we still leave huge gaps either on the edge of the box (leaving the keeper exposed to potshots) and desert the wings allowing opponents leeway to hit the by line.

dazlhigh
23-03-2014, 05:14 PM
There is an issue there; have a look at our 'goals against'! Defence isn't our forte!And, for whatever reason, yet another cross ball did us damage. It really isn't that often that our defence is played through, leaving a free man running through on our 'keeper, but every time the opposition gets a corner my heart's in my mouth.
Still, to paraphrase K.Dalglish, the 'Well might not have this, that or the other, but what we have got's points.
Onward and upward.

Wellup4it
23-03-2014, 06:26 PM
Ideally every squad should look to replace 2/3/4 players every close season. This keeps the squad fresh, fit and balanced. Some players may be about to reach their sell by date; some voluntarily move on; others simply may b not prove good enough.

Hopefully this year we will fin dout who is going to stay and who is going to move on. That way we can plan and identify signing targets early on.

sieb1886
24-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Never thought I'd say this but yep, Vigurs was immense. His 'keepin the baw off them routine' in the corner area with 2 mins to go was sublime; nutmegged 2 of them, and at one point I thought he was going to do a Jimmy Baxter sit on the baw special! That said, County are pretty pants!
The lad Reid at right-back is just the ticket too.