PDA

View Full Version : Ayr 2 Arbroath 1

timlichtie
22-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Got what we deserved today. Gave away 2 sloppy goals at each end of the first half. They went down to 10 men after 20 mins for a scythe on Linn. We didn't take advantage and Linn faded after the tackle. Seems like teams are targeting Bobby.

Deuchar played well and scored an excellent header but Ayr basically defended better and always worried our defence with Moffat and Malcolm who both scored.

Not as much passion or urgency as I would have expected and Chis was pulled off in the second half.

Have we given up?

maroonie
22-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Couldn't get to today's match so can't comment on it but very concise post from Tim suggests we failed to take advantage of Ayr being reduced to 10 for the majority of the match. Other results were a real kick in the nuts for us though. With Rangers next followed by a trip to a Stenny side who pick up points here and there suggests slim pickings. As posted elsewhere I have said that we have 1 loandeal outstanding and no sense in keeping it back when we are so short at the back. The AGM might be pretty stormy this year if the boss can't pull a rabbit out of the hat. The Great Escape is beginning to look like Mission Impossible again but this is when the real support turn up and get behind the team. I for one will support the lichties no matter where we end up and will be a season ticket holder next season for certain. C'mon lichties.

maroonie
23-03-2014, 10:48 AM
6+ minutes of highlights on the P&B Ayr v Arbroath thread.

timlichtie
24-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Not pretty, especially the second Ayr goal. Moffat close marked by both our central defenders and still scoring from 5 yards! Their first came after 3 minutes and really knocked the stuffing out of us.

Deuchar's goal was a beauty, though.

smokie_bacon_crisps
24-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Somerset seems to have always been a bad ground for us. I said to timlichtie last weekend that East Fife have done well against Dunfermline this season but I was shocked to see that result which was a bigger kick in the teeth for us.

There is something about playing against 10 men which either works in your favour (Chelsea vs Arsenal) or against you like (Stranraer vs Forfar) Sadly in our case it's normally works against us.

It's not impossible but it is going to be a real effort now just to reach the play off spots. 24 points available and 4 to claw back to get level.

Arbroath v Rangers
Stenhousemuir v Arbroath
Arbroath v Stranraer
Forfar v Arbroath
Arbroath v Dunfermline
Airdrieonians v Arbroath

Maybe with an air of optimism a draw against Rangers could be achieved. It looks like Black & Law are out injured and Moshni suspsended and perhaps their next game in the final against Raith could perhaps see a weakened team put out?
Fingers crossed.

Smokies and Wine!